Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

14.02.2019 04:57
Williams and Chad Qualls have performed Antworten

HOUSTON -- The Houston Astros arent getting too ahead of themselves after opening the season 2-0. Still, taking the first series of the year from the New York Yankees is a pretty big deal for a team that has lost 324 games in the last three seasons combined. "Obviously no one expected us to come in here and win a series from the Yankees and no one really expected much from the Astros period," starting pitcher Jarred Cosart said. "If we keep playing together like this and keep finding ways to win games, who knows what can happen." Dexter Fowler homered and tripled, and Matt Dominguez added a home run late to help the Astros earn a 3-1 victory on Wednesday night. Houston won the opener 6-2 on Tuesday and put a damper on the first series of Derek Jeters final season. Jeter was 0 for 3 with a walk and a strikeout. "They played well, they pitched well today," Jeter said. "It would be nice to score some more runs, but sometimes the other teams are going to have games like that." Fowlers leadoff homer put Houston up, and he scored the second run after his triple in the third. The Yankees scored in the seventh before the Astros added an insurance run with Dominguezs homer in the bottom half. Cosart (1-0) allowed four hits in five scoreless innings, and Josh Fields pitched a perfect ninth for the save. Hiroki Kuroda (0-1) yielded three hits and two runs with five strikeouts in six innings. The off-season trade for Fowler has paid immediate dividends for Houston. The longtime Colorado player had a pair of doubles on Tuesday and is now the first player in franchise history with two extra-base hits in each of his first two games with the team. "Being a leadoff guy youre a catalyst, and thats what Im always trying to do, just get on base and let the other guys do their jobs," Fowler said. "If we work together as a team well win a lot of games." Fowler had a lucky charm on Wednesday night as his infant daughter Naya Iman, attended her first regular-season game. "It was awesome," he said breaking into a huge smile at the mention of his daughter. "I was looking for them, but I didnt see them. Shes probably in there sleeping. Just for her being here is awesome, thats all you can ask for." The Astros were up 2-0 in the seventh when Yangervis Solarte grounded into a double play, with runners at first and third, and Brett Gardner scored on to cut the Yankees deficit in half. It was the first major league plate appearance for Solarte. The two-out homer by Dominguez off David Phelps landed about three rows up in the right field stands to stretch Houstons advantage to 3-1. Carlos Beltran doubled off Matt Albers on the first pitch of the eighth inning before Albers struck out the next three Yankees. Cosart allowed just two singles through four innings. He ran into some trouble in the fifth, and after consecutive one-out singles by Gardner and Brian Roberts. He escaped the jam when Kelly Johnson grounded into a force out before he retired Jacoby Ellsbury. Jerome Williams made his Astros debut when he replaced Cosart for the sixth. He walked Jeter on four pitches, and Brian McCann singled on a sharp grounder with one out to leave runners at first and third. But he retired the next two to end the threat. Albers, Williams and Chad Qualls have performed in the first two games after being brought in to reinforce a bullpen which blew 29 saves last season. New York went 0 for 10 with runners in scoring position, but Beltran said its too early to be concerned about the offence. "Were going to be fine," Beltran said. "We havent been able to put anything together, but this team has what it takes to play better and win ball games. We dont need to worry about it." Fowlers leadoff homer came a day after he started his Astros career with a leadoff double. Houstons next hit came on Fowlers standup triple that bounced off the wall in right-centre with one out in the third. Robbie Grossman reached on an error by first baseman Teixeira when his grounded bounced off Teixeiras glove, allowing Fowler to score and make it 2-0. New York turned a double play to end that inning, and Houston didnt have another baserunner until Grossman hit his first career triple with one out in the sixth. But Kuroda ended his night by retiring the next two to end the inning and leave Grossman stranded. The Yankees intentionally walked Jose Altuve to load the bases with two outs in the eighth. Houston came up empty when pinch-hitter Carlos Corporan grounded out. NOTES: Andy Pettitte threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the game. ... Jeter, who announced in February that he was retiring, got a pair of cowboy boots with Yankees pinstripes, a 10 gallon cowboy hat, and a set of golf clubs as the Astros honoured him in a pregame ceremony. Former teammates Pettitte and Roger Clemens participated in the tribute. Air Jordan 1 Scontate . Called on from the college ranks to replace Andy Reid, Kelly implemented a whole new atmosphere in the City of Brotherly Love and now has the Eagles in the playoffs for the first time since 2010. Air Jordan 1 Scontate Uomo . Goodell said in an ESPN Radio interview Monday (http://es.pn/1gkbauy ) that participants played harder and made the game very competitive. Goodell says he had fun watching the game Sunday and thinks fans did, too. http://www.airjordan1scontate.it/. And by all indications, the team is expected to select phenom Connor McDavid with their selection. The Buffalo Sabres, who were knocked down to the second overall pick after finishing with the worst regular season record, are expected to take the other generational player in Jack Eichel. Air Jordan 1 Offerta . 22. Wade averaged 26.3 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 2.0 steals while leading the Heat to a 3-0 record. The 31-year-old shot 60 percent from the field and 50 percent from 3-point range en route to his 17th weekly honor. Air Jordan 1 Outlet Italia . The former Edmonton Oilers defenceman was with the St. Louis Blues in training camp on a professional tryout. Whitney, 30, had four goals and 13 points in 34 games with the Oilers last season.Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. This week, they give a special NHL playoff edition of Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, where the panel gives their Stanley Cup winner prediction. Bruce Arthur, National Post My thumb is up to the Boston Bruins who I think are going to be the 2014 Stanley Cup champions. Remember last season, there was a thought that Claude Julien would get fired if they lost to the Toronto Maple Leafs in the first round and jeopardy could extend all the way up to the general managers chair and they did what they did. I think theyre in better shape heading into the playoffs then they were last season, when they had a compressed schedule following the Boston Marathon bombings, they were a tired team in the first round and really, more than anything, they have the easiest road to the Stanley Cup Final of any Stanley Cup contender. I think Bostons ready. Steve Simmons, SUN Media It hurts me to say this just because of the history but Im going thumbs up to the San Jose Sharks, who year in and year out disappoint at this time of year, but I look at this team and all that size up front. The move of Joe Pavelski to left wing has really completed this forward group nicely and I think Marc-Edouard Vlasics play at the Olympics taught him that hes a big-time guy now.ddddddddddddHe can elevate his game and I think that team, with Todd McLellan coaching, can come out of the west and can beat the Boston Bruins. Theyre too big and theyre too fast. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated My thumb is up to the Chicago Blackhawks because consistency is the hob gobble in little minds and nobody has a littler mind than I do. I picked them at the start of the year, I picked them at the deadline, and Im picking them now because Patrick Kanes going to be back, Jonathan Toews is going to be back, and because the Blackhawks have the best defenceman in the Stanley Cup tournament in Duncan Keith. Dave Hodge, TSN Im going to go through the apparently easy route in the east and say thumbs up to the Presidents Trophy winning Boston Bruins. Sure, they dont win as often as they lose but in this case, this is the best home team in the NHL, lots of playoff experience, theyre obviously good defensively, good goaltending, good special teams and they are reasonably healthy. Then theres that Eastern Conference path to the Stanley Cup Final again, and I think that ends up being the bottom line for my reason to pick Boston. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz