Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

23.02.2019 03:38
Merrill was the catalyst. Antworten

NEWARK, N. Discount Stan Smith .J. - Dont write off the New Jersey Devils playoff chances, just yet. The Devils are getting good goaltending from Cory Schneider and Martin Brodeur, and anything is possible when the guy in the nets is on his game. The Toronto Maple Leafs are another story. Theyre struggling in goal with Jonathan Bernier out with a groin injury and they are barely hanging on to a playoff spot. It was on display Sunday night. Schneider made 21 saves and withstood a furious late attack and Devils posted a much-needed 3-2 win over Toronto, sending the struggling Maple Leafs to their fifth straight loss without Bernier. The win moved the Devils within five points of Toronto for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Washington is a point behind the Maple Leafs with a game in hand and Columbus is two points back with two games in hand. "I know the statistics dont say that but I really feel we can win every game," Devils coach Pete DeBoer said of the Devils playoff chances after winning for only the second time in six games. "You look at our schedule and if our goaltending continues to play the way it is, I think we can win every game." The Devils won this matchup by taking advantage of Toronto mistakes to take a 3-0 lead early in the second period. Rookie defenceman Jon Merrill set up a second-period breakaway goal by Patrik Elias and scored 32 seconds later to build the lead. Damien Brunner had scored in the first period. "Anything is possible," Devils captain Bryce Salvador said. "We are not looking 10 games ahead. Were just looking at the next game. Were trying to play every game like its the last game." Tyler Bozak and Phil Kessel scored for the Maple Leafs, who saw embattled goaltender James Reimer give up three goals on 10 shots in less than 22 minutes of action. The skid ties Torontos longest of the season and it could not have come at a worse with nine games left in the regular season. New Jersey, which was shut out twice in its recent slide, capitalized on bad plays by the Maple Leafs. Brunner, who had been a healthy scratch the past two games, gave the Devils the lead with his 11th goal of the season. Defenceman Marek Zidlicky started the play with a pass up the ice to Adam Henrique that started an off-man rush. Henrique found Brunner coming down the right side and his shot from the circle went over Reimers glove. The game changed in the opening two minutes of the second period and Merrill was the catalyst. Controlling the puck in his own end, he made a stretch pass that got Elias behind defenceman Morgan Rielly. Elias skated in on Reimer and made a move to his backhand that deked the goaltender out of position for a shot into an empty net. Defenceman Peter Harrold, who had not dressed in the Devils 12 games following the Olympic break, carried the puck low into the Maple Leafs right circle and sent a pass toward the net. Ryane Clowe had it hit off him and go to the left point, where Merrill unloaded a shot that squeezed through the goaltender and rolled into the net. "I think that was the best 30 seconds of my career so far," Merrill said with a laugh. "Everyone in here believes. We know if we keep playing our game and doing things right, we are going to get wins and points and we can make it." Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle sent Drew MacIntyre to replace Reimer after the third goal. He had been playing for the AHLs Toronto Marlies this season before being recalled after Bernier was hurt. He finished with 14 saves. The Maple Leafs played a lot better the rest of the game. Bozak put them on the board at 5:26 of the second period, redirecting a pass by Rielly on a power play into an open net. Kessel got his 36th of the season with 1:31 to play after Toronto pulled its goaltender with more than two minutes left in regulation. Kessel crashed into the net after the goal but returned for a wild final 91 seconds in which Schneider made two big saves. "We have lot of games left we have to come together as a team and battle," said Bozak, who repeatedly said that the team let Reimer down and it wasnt fair to blame the goaltender. Carlyle refused to discuss his goaltending situation. "We have to find a way to stop the bleeding here and do everything in our power to regroup with this hockey club and get them playing to a higher level," he said. "When we do play for stretches, we look like a team that could play with anybody, and then we are inept in some areas where the puck doesnt bounce our way, or hits a post. All the good fortune we had earlier seems piled against us." Toronto had plenty of good scoring chances the rest of the way with none greater than a two-man advantage for 1:16 late in the period. Dion Phaneuf and Cody Franson had big shots that Schneider stopped in winning his second straight after losing the previous three. Schneiders best saves might have been early in the third period when he came across the crease and stopped James van Riemsdyk in close and made a glove save on Bozak after the Leafs pulled their goaltender. The game was David Clarksons first in New Jersey since signing with the Maple Leafs as a free agent after last season. NOTES: Bernier did not make the trip to New Jersey in missing his fifth straight game. ... Harrolds assist was his first point since Nov. 12 against the Rangers. ... For the second game in a row, Jagr hit a post with a shot. ... Van Riemsdyk has one goal in his past 11 games. ... The Devils dressed seven defencemen. Eric Gelinas got the odd shift with the fourth line. Cheap Stan Smith Online . - Kyle Wood and Barclay Goodrow scored second period power-play goals to provide all of the scoring for the North Bay Battalion in a 2-0 victory over the Erie Otters in Ontario Hockey League action on Thursday. Wholesale Stan Smith . Mickelson shot a 2-under 70 after opening with a 77 -- his worst score of the season -- on TPC San Antonios AT&T Oaks Course. Lefty was 11 strokes behind leader Steven Bowditch, the Australian who had a 67 to reach 8-under 136. http://www.wholesalestansmith.com/ . Those cheers seemed more special this time because the captains run on Broadway could soon be over. The adoration surely sounded much nicer to Callahan than all the recent trade talk.ASTANA, Kazakhstan -- Winnipegs Brittany Schussler won her seventh individual long-track World Cup medal Saturday, skating to a bronze in the womens 1,500 metres. Schusslers time of one minute 57.78 seconds put her 0.50 second behind the winning time of American Brittany Bowe (1:57.28) and 0.08 behind silver medallist Yuliya Skokova of Russia (1:57.70). "I have felt like my 1,500-metre races have been getting stronger every weekend," said Schussler. "I know theres still a lot of work to be done, but Im confident I can build off this performance." Schussler now has one silver and six bronze medals on the World Cup circuit. Her last individual medal was a bronze in the 3,000 metres in Moscow on Jan. 28, 2011. She also has won 15 medals -- including nine gold -- as a member of Canadas womens team pursuit squad, which currently holds the world record. In mens competition, Dennny Morrison of Fort St. Cheap Stan Smith Free Shipping. John, B.C., placed fourth in the 1,000 metres with a time of 1:09.15. Shani Davis of the United States won his third straight 1,000 metres. Morrison was also fourth in the 1,000 metres in Salt Lake City, Utah on Nov. 16. "Staying out of the spotlight has its advantages," Morrison said. "Despite two fourth place finishes now Ive actually managed to beat everyone on the World Cup circuit, except for Shani Davis. And I know I can beat Shani Davis." Kaylin Irvine of Calgary was second in the womens B 500 metre. In mens B 500 metre, William Dutton of Humboldt, Sask., was fifth, Winnipegs Tyler Derraugh was eighth and Morrison was 17th. Ottawas Ivanie Blondin placed 13th and Edmontons Nicole Garrido was 16th in womens B 1,500 metre. Dutton was fourth, Derraugh fifth and Reginas Lucas Makowsky 10th in the mens B 1,000 metres. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz