Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

27.02.2019 03:30
winning each of the first two sets in 30 minutes Antworten

MELBOURNE, Australia - Milos Raonic advanced into the second week of the Australian Open for the third time in five years on Saturday. Fellow Canadian Vasek Pospisil did not. Raonic was always in control as he won comfortably against Germanys Benjamin Becker 6-4, 6-3, 6-3 while Pospisil was beaten 6-2, 6-4, 6-4 by Spaniard Guillermo Garcia Lopez. Becker, who eliminated Australian Lleyton Hewitt in the previous round, was no match for 22 aces off the racquet of the eighth seed from Thornhill, Ont. It took the winner four match points to see off Becker with a break in the last game. Becker saved the first three Raonic winning chances before the Canadian went through from Beckers double-fault. Raonic took victory with 46 winners, 19 unforced errors while breaking on five of 14 opportunities. Raonic will next face 12th-seeded Feliciano Lopez of Spain, who beat Polands Jerzy Janowicz 7-6 (8-6), 6-4, 7-6 (7-3). Im happy with how Im playing, said Raonic, who played and won on the third showcase court, the Hisense arena. I cant complain, everything has been working for me on this court and the results have been good. My game feels great and Im having a lot of fun. I look forward to going on. Vancouvers Pospisil had been bidding to join Raonic by reaching the fourth round of a grand slam for the first time. But the fitness factor came into play for the No. 60, who had suffered in his previous win on Thursday and withdrew after just nine minutes of doubles on Friday. The Canadian came to the court depleted, committing 40 unforced errors and breaking only one of six times. Pospisil dropped the first two sets but staged a minor rally in the third set, firing off two love games for a 2-1 lead before being overhauled by his Spanish opponent. The Canadian saved a match point before going down to the loss as Garcia Lopez backhand sailed a winner past him down the line. Raonics victory in 101 minutes improved his record over the 41st-ranked Becker to 3-1. Raonic, who played the Wimbledon semifinals last summer, won his 13th career match in Melbourne against four losses. Raonic was never threatened by his journeyman opponent, winning each of the first two sets in 30 minutes. Raonic claimed the opener with a break in the final game with a forehand winner to the corner past Becker. The second set also featured only one break, with Raonic converting for a 4-2 lead. Two games later, Raonic set up two set points with an ace only to double-fault the first chance away. But his 17th ace solved the problem on the second opportunity as he earned a two-sets-to-love lead. In the third set, Raonic broke in the fifth game and climbed to 5-3 before closing it out. Cheap Stan Smith Shoes China . While plenty of statistics illustrate Torontos turnaround in the second year of manager Ryan Nelsens tenure, stopping goals is not one of them. Cheap Stan Smith Free Shipping .twitter.com/xBTpoAKLJk — Daryl Zerr (@darylzerr) May 29, 2014 @BarDown I give to you the @SquirrelsNCHL aka the Fighting Squirels. http://www.cheapstansmithshoes.com/. Unfortunately for the Cleveland Cavaliers, James Harden was in the building. Discount Stan Smith Shoes . -- Aaron Rodgers isnt out for revenge in Green Bays season opener. Authentic Adidas Stan Smith From China . Lynn was tied for 16th entering the fourth round, six shots behind leader Paul Waring. He started with two birdies and added three more on his last five holes at the Oceanico Victoria course for an 18-under total of 266.TORONTO - While England seems destined for "massive change" in the wake of its failed World Cup campaign, Jermain Defoe says he can still contribute goals to the national cause. "Ill never turn my back on my country," the Toronto FC striker told reporters after training Wednesday. "Like I mentioned before I still feel like Ive got a lot to offer. If I didnt feel that way, Id say theres no point because youre not doing anyone any favours if youre sort of like being selfish (and) you havent got much to offer. "But I still feel strong, I feel sharp. So hopefully at some point Ill get called up (again). How I feel at the minute, Im still ready to play and score goals for my country." The 31-year-old Defoe, who has 19 goals in 55 appearances for his country, was named to Englands 30-man World Cup roster but did not make the final 23. At the time, he said he was devastated by the snub. England (0-2-1) finished last in Group D behind Costa Rica, Uruguay and Italy, managing to score just two goals. "Spain are out, Italy are out," Defoe said. "Some big nations are out but obviously it would have been nice to see (England) progress to the later stage of the tournament. But it wasnt meant to be. A lot of young players, they still have opportunities again to play in tournaments and Im sure theyll do well. But this year it wasnt meant to be. It was a tough group." England captain Steven Gerrard and vice-captain Frank Lampard have said they will take some time to ponder their international future. Veteran fullback Ashley Cole opted to retire prior to the tournament. Veteran midfielder Michael Carrick was also left out of the England squad. "I think its a change," Defoe said, "because obviously theres so many young players coming through — good young players. Obviously theyre inexperienced but theyll get experience with games and I suppose thats what the manager wanted to do when he left me out, Michael Carrick, Ashley Cole, hhe wanted to go with the younger players.dddddddddddd. "Hopefully theyll do well but its going to be a massive change ... but well see what happens." Meanwhile, Defoe said he did not take offence at former manager Harry Redknapp saying some of his England players at Spurs had tried to shirk national team duty. Current England manager Roy Hodgson and Gerrard both said Defoe should not be tarred with that brush. "Its difficult for me (to react) because Im not one those players," said Defoe. "Ive never missed a squad and obviously I dont know who those players are. At the end of the day, when youre playing for your country, its the greatest honour ... I always turned out for my country, even if I was half fit." Gerrard urged Redknapp to name names but the veteran manager, who now runs Queens Park Rangers, said it would not be fair to the players in question. Defoe was one of a dozen England players at Tottenham during Redknapps tenure. Toronto manager Ryan Nelsen, a former New Zealand international who played under Redknapp, said he thought the comments might have been taken somewhat out of context. Nelsen, who captained the All Whites, said he would be outraged if anyone suggested he didnt love playing for his country. But he said theres give and take when it comes to club versus country, acknowledging he had asked not to be picked for some friendlies when they were largely commercial ventures on the other side of the globe and they bumped heads with major club clashes. While he had hoped to be playing in Brazil, Defoe welcomed the MLS break during the group stage of the World Cup. Toronto gave its players eight days off following the 1-0 win over San Jose on June 7. Still he admitted to having "itchy feet," wanting to get back to playing. Toronto (6-4-1) returns to action Friday in New York against the Red Bulls (4-5-6). Nelsens only injury concerns are winger Daniel Lovitz (concussion) and Brazilian striker Gilberto (hip flexor). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz