Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

23.03.2019 02:03
That win saw Villa claim their first back-to-back league Antworten

BIRMINGHAM, England -- Aston Villa beat nine-man Chelsea 1-0 in an English Premier League game that saw manager Jose Mourinho sent to the stands in the closing stages on Saturday. That win saw Villa claim their first back-to-back league victories in four years as they climbed into the top half of the table. Villa manager Paul Lambert said it was the best win of his tenure since he joined the club in 2012. "Thats probably the best win weve had. It was a fantastic all round team performance," said Lambert. A week after securing a 4-1 win over Norwich, the Midlands club welcomed the league leaders to Villa Park, with Mourinhos men looking to restore a nine-point advantage at the top of the table. After Manchester City had earlier beaten Hull City 2-0 away from home, the onus was on the Blues to extend their lead at the summit. Visiting Chelsea thought it took the lead in the 41st minute when midfielder Nemanja Matic poked home from close range following a corner, however he was alleged to have handled the ball first. The second half sprung to life after Chelsea midfielder Willian was sent off in the 68th for two bookable offences. Referee Chris Foys decision handed Villa the incentive, and they eventually capitalized through Fabian Delph. The midfielder converted in the 82nd minute with a masterful flick, denting Chelseas title surge. Chelsea then found themselves down to nine men when midfielder Ramires was then shown a straight red in second-half stoppage time for a wild lunge at Karim El Ahmadi. That sparked animated scenes on the touchline, which eventually led to Mourinho being dismissed for his remonstrations. After the game the Chelsea boss refused to comment on referee Foys performance citing a fear of bringing the game into disrepute, which he intimated could lead to him facing a suspension. "A good solid performance against a good team. Defensively we were really, really strong. We had no problems to cope with the danger that Aston Villa had and after that I prefer not to comment because I dont want to bring the game into disrepute. I dont want to be accused," said the Stamford Bridge boss. Defeat leaves Chelsea at the top of the table on 66 points, six ahead of second-placed Manchester City, although Manuel Pellegrinis team have three games in hand. Both Liverpool and Arsenal can close the gap to four points with wins over Manchester United and Tottenham, respectively, in Sundays matches. Jerseys NFL Cheap . PETERSBURG, Florida – Its been almost seven years since the Blue Jays last won a series at Tropicana Field. Clearance NFL Jerseys .Y. - For once, Clayton Kershaw was glad to see a long shutout streak end. http://www.jerseysnflchina.net/.C. -- Steve Spurrier was much happier about South Carolinas improved performance than about his lastest career milestone. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic . -- Kenneth Faried made a turnaround hook shot over Draymond Green with a half-second remaining, and the Denver Nuggets made Golden State wait at least one more game to secure a playoff berth with a stunning 100-99 win over the Warriors on Thursday night. Wholesale Jerseys . Joining him in this years class were Switzerlands Patrick Huerlimann and Norways Eigil Ramsfjell. The announcement was made at the world mens curling championship at Capital Indoor Stadium in China.After three relief appearances to start his 2014 season, Toronto Bluie Jays pitcher J.A. Happ is coming off his first start of the year, a win at Philadelphia Monday. The former Phillie allowed three hits in five scoreless frames of a 3-0 triumph. Happ has faced the Angels once in his career when he allowed six hits and four runs -- three earned -- over 4 1/3 innings of Torontos 4-3 home loss on Sept. 12, 2013. Happs counterpart, Tyler Skaggs, has 19 starts under his belt in his major league career and hes yet to lose on the road. Skaggs tries to keep that mark unblemished when the Los Angeles Angels continue their four-games series with the Blue Jays Saturday afternoon. The 22-year-old left-hander is 2-0 in five career road starts, compared to a 3-7 ledger in 14 home outings. In his most recent start, Sunday at home against Texas, Skaggs was shelled to the tune of eight hits and six runs over 2 2/3 innings of a 14-3 defeat. Both of Skaggs road wins have come this season and hes given up just two earned runs in 15 innings. The Angels won each of Skaggs first six starts this season before falling to Texas. Hes never faced the Blue Jays. Last night, Erick Aybar hit two doubles, a triple and scored twice to help the Angels squeak out a 4-3 win. Mike Trout smacked a solo homer and Howie Kendrick added two hits and aan RBI for the Angels, who have won eight of their last nine against Toronto.dddddddddddd. Efren Navarro, who was called up prior to the game, had two doubles and a run scored. Los Angeles starter Garrett Richards worked seven frames, fanning six and allowing two runs on five hits. Joe Smith (2-0) allowed one run in one inning to receive the win and Ernesto Frieri picked up his fourth save, setting down the side in order in the ninth. "Ive been working on my breaking ball (and) my fastball command," said Frieri. "I think I did a pretty good job today with my fastball and slider. I need to keep doing that for the rest of the season to be successful." Jose Reyes went 3-for-4 with a double, a home run and two runs scored and Melky Cabrera had two hits and scored a run for the Blue Jays, who saw starter Dustin McGowan allow two runs on seven hits and two walks through five innings. "We got through it. I didnt have any slider at all," said McGowan. "Luckily the changeup got me through and its just one of those games you go out there and give it everything you got." Brett Cecil (0-3) suffered the loss after allowing the go-ahead run in his one inning on the hill. The Angels went 6-1 last season versus the Blue Jays, sweeping a three-game set in Toronto. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz