Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

03.04.2019 03:08
Thompson won a photo finish to take top honours Antworten

BANFF, Alta. - Olympic gold medallist and World Cup champion Marielle Thompson won a photo finish to take top honours at the Canadian ski cross championship Friday. The 21-year-old from Whistler, B.C., beat out teammate Georgia Simmerling of West Vancouver, B.C., to cap off a notable season, which included gold at the Sochi Games and gold at the final World Cup race of the year to claim her second career Crystal Globe. With Simmerling hot on her heels in the womens final, a late lunge for the line by Thompson gave her victory by the slimmest of margins. "That was pretty exciting. I won by the length of a broken thumb," said Thompson, who tore a ligament in her thumb after crashing on a training run. "I guess you dont need thumbs for racing." Tristan Tafel, of Canmore, Alta., took the mens race after taking the lead at the first turn to secure his second national title. Simmerling finished in second place. "We were neck and neck out of the gate," Simmerling said of her duel with Thompson. "I was behind her the whole way. I tried to get her at the end but I think I just missed her by a hands length." India Sherret, of Cranbrook, B.C., was third and veteran Danielle Sundquist, of Calgary was fourth. The mens final was dominated by Tafel after his teammate and World Cup star Brady Leman of Calgary — who was fourth at the Sochi Games — went off course. Matt Brady and Kevin Macdonald were second and third, respectively. "Im pretty excited," said Tafel, who had a tough season on the World Cup circuit. "We all had a really good start and it was extremely tight going into the first turn. Thats where I took the lead and kept it all the way down. "The young guys were skiing right on my tail at the finish — good for them." Fridays podium capped a good week for Macdonald, who won the overall Nor-Am Cup title to earn himself a World Cup spot for next season. Macdonald topped the ski cross Nor-Am standings with 922 points, with American Robert Mahre (743) finishing second. Tania Prymak of the U.S. won the womens title with 871 points, with Canadas Abby McEwen finishing second (750). Nike Air Max Cheap Wholesale . Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun the international tournament will likely return in September 2016 rather than 2015. Cheap Nike Air Max Outlet . Henrik Samuelsson and Luke Bertolucci also scored for the Oil Kings, who are now 9-0 on home ice in the playoffs to cut Portlands series lead to 2-1. Chase De Leo and Mathew Dumba responded for the Winterhawks, who suffered just their fourth loss in their last 46 games, a string of success running all the way back to Jan. http://www.cheapairmaxforsale.us/. -- Jerome Verrier scored once and set up two more as the Drummondville Voltigeurs downed the visiting Chicoutimi Sagueneens 5-1 on Friday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play. Cheap Wholesale Air Max Shoes . -- A.J. Burnett was happy to escape from New York. Cheap Nike Air Max For Sale Online .C. -- Benn Ferrieros familiar with scoring important goals, just not in back-to-back games.Brooklyn, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Dirk Nowitzki passed Moses Malone for seventh place on the NBAs all-time scoring list with a 3-pointer in overtime and the Dallas Mavericks overcame a meltdown late in regulation to beat the Brooklyn Nets 96-88 on Monday night. Nowitzkis 3 punctuated a dominant overtime period for the Mavericks, who got their season high-tying sixth win in a row to end a 3-0 road trip against Eastern Conference teams. They were 5-for-9 in overtime, led by four points apiece from Monta Ellis and Tyson Chandler. Ellis finished with 19 points and made two foul shots in the final seconds of regulation to tie the score after Dallas went cold from the field during an 11-0 Nets run. Nowitzki had 15 points and Chandler scored 14 with 13 rebounds. Brook Lopez had 22 points and 13 rebounds to lead Brooklyn, but scored just four after the first quarter. Jarrett Jack added 20 points and 10 assists and Joe Johnson scored 18 for the Nets, who made just one of their four shots in overtime. Dallas improved to 11-0 on the road this season against Eastern Conference teams. Nowitzki tied Malone for seventh place on the scoring list with 12 points in regulation, then passed the Hall of Famer with his 3 on the high right side in overtime. He has 27,412 points -- still 1,184 from Shaquille ONeal for sixth place. Johnson buried two 3-pointers to key Brooklyns 11-0 run late in the fourth qquarter.dddddddddddd Jack capped the flurry with a jumper on the right side to give them an 82-80 lead with 26.6 seconds remaining. The Mavericks missed seven shots in a row and Rajon Rondo, who had 14 assists and 10 rebounds in the game, missed two free throws. But Ellis foul shots with 10.5 seconds left tied the score and Johnson missed a step-back jumper from the top of the key as time expired, sending the game to overtime. We battled, Nets coach Lionel Hollins said. We had a chance to win it. I think (Johnsons) 40-something minutes two nights in a row maybe kept him from making the shot. Lopez scored his 18 points in the first quarter on 12 shots, making nine. The last two sparked an 11-4 run at the end of the quarter that doubled Brooklyns lead to 14. The Mavericks got as close as four in the second quarter but trailed 49-43 at halftime. They took their first lead in the third quarter and were ahead by as much as 11 in the fourth. They remain in a virtual tie for first place in the Southwest Division with Memphis, which beat New York on Monday. Game Notes Brooklyn played without Kevin Garnett (rest) and Deron Williams (sore left side) ... Dallas has won 15 road games in a row against the Eastern Conference since last season ... The Nets continue a three-game homestand on Wednesday against Boston ... The Mavericks host Detroit on Wednesday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz