Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

20.04.2019 03:03
when Silva broke his leg Antworten

It was a long time off and obviously a pretty devastating injury so I didnt know." Upon his return, Lupul "wanted to see how good of a player I could be in this league because I didnt really know. I knew I could be a solid second line player, but I wanted to see if I could take that jump. A lot of it came because of getting traded here." Made a Leaf in Feb. 2011, he quickly got the opportunity to take that jump. Short on wingers of his size and caliber, then-head coach Ron Wilson asked Lupul if he could play the left side, running shotgun with Phil Kessel on the top line. "It was an easy decision," Lupul recalled with a laugh. "Do you want to play with Phil? Sure." The results were career-changing. Thrust into the spotlight of Toronto in a marquee position, Lupul would score nine goals and 18 points alongside Kessel in 28 games, returning the following season with 25 goals and a career-high 67 points in 66 games. He was a staple amongst the league leaders in scoring before a shoulder injury ended his season. "And then I realized that I could be a top-level player in this league," he said. Injuries have remained the only hurdle to Lupul entrenching himself in that conversation; he missed all but 16 games last season because of a fractured right forearm and subsequent concussion. His role, though critical to the Leafs attack, has also shifted. He no longer runs on the top unit alongside Kessel – 24-year-old James van Riemsdyk manning such a spot – nor on the first power-play unit. Instead, Randy Carlyle has aligned him with Nazem Kadri, hoping the two can connect for bursts of offence, thus offering greater balance throughout the lineup. Lupul has additionally put his own best interests to the side in the interim, back to playing right wing with David Clarkson suspended and Nik Kulemin hurt. "Obviously I prefer left, I think Im a better player on the left, but we have two right-wingers down right now so its important that someone fills that role and its something I take pride to be versatile and do different things." And though his minutes have dipped, from a career-high of nearly 19 minutes in 2011-12 to about 17 this season, his responsibilities have increased. An alternate captain once more this season, Lupul has been employed by Carlyle in the last minute of periods and late in games to protect leads, something he hadnt done previously. Now a 10-year veteran, Lupul heads into a Tuesday night affair against the Minnesota Wild with at least a goal in four straight games. He leads the 5-1-0 Leafs in scoring at this early stage in the season and is currently nestled amongst the league leaders with eight points. Fittingly with age though, those things no longer seem to matter as much. "Obviously from the day you start playing the Stanley Cup is your goal, but earlier in your career when youre trying to establish yourself ... it was always 30 goals, 30 goals, I want to get 30 goals," he reflected. "And now I really couldnt care less. Obviously I want to score every game – I love scoring goals – but I just want to do whatever the team needs me to do. "Earlier in my career I probably used to set goals as far as goals, assists and points. Right now, I just want to do whatever I can to help the team win. Winning the Stanley Cup is the only goal I have now." Jakub Vrana Jersey .During the week, McCoy told reporters he respected Hoyer for his intelligence, athleticism and how he conducts himself on and off the field. This wasnt an act, some attempt at psyching out Hoyer. Alex Ovechkin Jersey . The 12th-ranked Haas served well throughout the match at the Ibirapuera arena, allowing only one break point to the 152nd-ranked Italian. Both players held serve until the first-set tiebreak, when Haas stepped up his game to easily clinch the set. http://www.officialcapitalsfanstore.com/authentic-lars-eller-capitals-jersey/ . - Roger Federer squandered a big lead and lost to No.LAS VEGAS -- Middleweight champion Chris Weidman has a knee injury, forcing the UFC to postpone his title bout against Lyoto Machida for six weeks. The UFC announced the changes to two major Las Vegas shows on Monday. Weidman (11-0) was expected to make his second title defence at UFC 173 on May 24 at the MGM Grand Garden, but the Long Island-based mixed martial artist needs minor surgery. Weidmans bout with Machida is moving to UFC 175 on July 5 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. The UFC hasnt decided on a new main event for its traditional Memorial Day weekend show. Former heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos will meet Stipe Miocic in the top undercard fight on the pay-per-view event. Weidman claimed the 185-pound title when he stopped long-reigning champion Anderson Silva in the second round last July. He defended the belt in December when Silva broke his leg in their rematch. Weidman is the fourth champion in the UFCs seven mens weight classes currently sidellined for surgery, although his recovery is expected to be the shortest. Washington Capitals Jerseys. Heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez had shoulder surgery in December, and isnt expected to return to the octagon until late this year. Lightweight champion Anthony Pettis has been out since last August following knee surgery, and is hoping for a late-summer return. And welterweight champion Johny Hendricks is likely out until fall after tearing his right biceps muscle two weeks before his victory over Robbie Lawler this month. Machida (21-4), the former UFC light heavyweight champion, got this middleweight title shot after Vitor Belfort was removed from the card in late February when the Nevada Athletic Commission banned the use of testosterone replacement therapy. Belfort was among MMAs most prominent sanctioned steroid users, but has decided to give up the practice. Machida, a karate expert from Brazil, has won two straight fights after dropping down to 185 pounds. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz