Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 74 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

16.08.2018 07:51
As we head into the final 10 days of the Blue Jays stay in Florida Antworten

As we head into the final 10 days of the Blue Jays stay in Florida, there a couple of areas of concern. Terrelle Pryor Sr. Jets Jersey . For one, the Jays havent scored more than five runs in 13-straight games. Of course, in the spring, the full everyday line-up is rarely together for more than a couple of games a week and even then, only a few innings at a time. Ryan Goins, for all he is capable of doing with the glove at second base, is only hitting .168 at last glance. Brandon Morrow, counted on so heavily this season, has had trouble commanding his four-seam fastball and has seemingly been dropped to the number-five slot in the rotatioon. On the flip side of that, Drew Hutchison has looked so good that he has been elavated to the number-two position in the rotation between R.A Dickey and lefty Mark Buehrle. Closer Casey Janssen started camp with should soreness, but he apppears to be doing well, throwing on the side and assures everyone he will be ready for opening day, despite not having seen any game action yet. J.A. Happs sore back seems to be coming around and hes been slotted in again as the number-four starter. The Jays Grapefruit Circuit record is only 7-10, but those records are rarely an indication of how a team is going to do in the regular season. A year ago, the Jays were 16-17 in Florida, yet only won 74 games for the 2013 campaign. St. Louis won the National League pennant after going just 16-15 in the spring. The Boston Red Sox played .500 ball in the sunny south at 17-17 in its first year under skipper John Farrell and then went on to beat the Cardinals in the World Series. In 2012, their final year with Farrell as manager, the Blue Jays went a scorching 24-7 in Dunedin, tops in the Majors, with a run differential of plus-79, yet they went on to stumble to just 73 wins during the season. The Detroit Tigers, though, werent too far behind the Jays at 20-8 and they made it to the World Series against San Francisco. The Giants had been 18-15 that spring and went on to win their second Fall Classic in three years. In 2011, the Kansas City Royals went 25-7, while the Seattle Mariners were 22-11. The Royals still havent made the playoffs since winning the World Series in 1985 and the Mariners havent made the playoffs in a dozen years. The most exciting aspect of spring training is watching the breakout performances of young players, as is with the case of the Jays Drew Hutchison this spring. The rest of it is just about hoping your team can open the season healthy and can come close to living up to expectations. - Injuries could play a part in the American League West race and, in turn, the Wild Card. Two of the Oakland As starters are down with arm troubles. Jarrod Parker has forearm stiffness, which can be a precursor to ellow trouble, and the 25-year-old righty already had one Tommy John surgery in 2009. A.J. Griffin has elbow issues as well, and will find out shortly if he needs Tommy John. Meanwhile, Seattles number-two starter Hisashi Iwakuma is recovering from a sprained ligament in the middle finger of his pitching hand and is iffy, at best, for the start of season. The Ms top pitching prospect, Taijuan Walker, has bursitis in his shoulder and will likely start the season in the minors on rehab. - Some of the National Leagues better clubs havent escaped the injury bug, either. Atlanta Braves starter Kris Medlen likely needs his seond Tommy John and Brandon Beachy could also be on track for his second. The Braves are also keeping a close watch on Mike Minors shoulder. Arizona Diamondbacks ace lefty Patrick Corbin is currently seeking a second opinion on whether or not he needs Tommy John. If that isnt bad enough for the D-Backs, the recently signed Bronson Arroyo, an iron man with the Cincinnati Reds, is out indefinately with a disc problem in his back. The Philadelphia Phllies, of course, lost Roy Halladay to retirement. Now their number-one starter, Cole Hamels, is dealing with left shoulder fatigue. Though hes starting to feel better throwing on the side, there is no guarantee Hamels will be ready for Opening Day. - I guess you could call it a Panama "Root Canal" for the New York Yankees over the weekend. While on their special goodwill tour of Panama, the home of their now retired future Hall of Fame closer, Mariano Rivera, the Yanks were no-hit by the Miami Marlins. It happened on Saturday at a jam-packed Rod Carew Stadium. The Marlins Brad Hand started off by throwing five perfect innings and striking out six. Steve Cishek came in for a scorless sixth-inning before A.J. Ramos blanked the Yankees in the next two innings and then Arquimedes Caminero finished off the no-no in the ninth. - We talked about a lot of the pitching injuries, but this one appears to be both serious and mysterious. Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias, a key pick-up from Boston in a three-way deal last season, has a severe case of shin splints in both legs caused by a problem with his feet. He could miss a large chunk of this season, maybe even the entire season, leaving Detroit without a legit number-one shortstop. - Its not exactly a Babe Ruth-ian differential, but the Baltimore Orioles Chris Davis had indeed a special season in the home run department last year. Daviss MLB-best 53 homers was nine better than American League runner-up Miguel Cabrera of the Tigers and 17 up on the National League co-leaders Pedro Alvarez of the Pittsburgh Pirates and the D-Backs Paul Goldschmidt at 36. The last time that happened was 2010, when the Blue Jays Jose Bautista slugged 54 homers, 15 more than AL runner-up Paul Konerko of the Chicago White Sox at 39 and 12 more than NL leader Albert Pujols, then of the Cardinals, at 42. Sam Darnold Jets Jersey . The 22-year-old Spanish midfielder recently signed a new three-year contract with Chelsea, and after spending last season on loan with Valencia in La Liga, Romeu will move to the Bundesliga for the 2014-15 campaign. Avery Williamson Jersey . "First, I would like to offer my deepest and sincerest apologies for any harm I have inflicted on University of Missouri defensive lineman, Michael Sam," the statement read. http://www.thejetsjerseysshoponline.com/Youth-Joe-Namath-Jets-Jersey/ . Wrights first stint with Milwaukee was on a 10-day contract from March 14-23. He played in two games, averaging six points and two rebounds in 16.My pal Rich Rank died a year ago, January 3, 2014. This Thursday, one year and 12 days later, Rich’s 27-year-old son, Garrett, will officiate his first-ever NHL regular-season game in Buffalo with the Minnesota Wild visiting the Sabres. It’s going to be special. The Rank family - Rich’s widow, Deby, eldest son, Kyle, the former pro hockey player turned firefighter, and youngest child, daughter Caelen, who recently graduated to become a nurse -- will of course be at First Niagara Center to cheer on Garrett, who’ll drop the puck for real on the opening faceoff, wearing No. 48 on the back on his NHL referee’s jersey. Rich’s good pal Steve Webb, aka Webby, will be there, too, along with about 90-plus others from the Rank’s hometown of Elmira, Ontario, who will load into two buses, armed (no doubt) with a lot of beer and even more stories about a remarkable man and extraordinary Canadian family on what will be quite the night. “It will be emotional, that’s for sure,” said Rich’s friend, Webby. “Rich would have been so pumped.” “My dad will be there in spirit,” Kyle said. “He’d be so proud, he would be right over the moon.” “This is what he wanted for me,” Garrett said. “He wanted me to be an NHL referee. It will be so emotional, so exciting to have all my family and friends there. I always feel like my Dad is out there with me and I know he will be (on Thursday).” *** I wouldn’t want you to get the wrong idea. Rich Rank and I were not best friends, though the man who died far too young of a heart attack at age 57 had that rare ability to make anyone he came into contact with just once feel like a best friend. Rich and I shared one hockey season, 2006-07, watching our kids play together on the St. Lawrence University Skating Saints. Rich’s son Kyle, a 1982 birth, was a senior centre and co-captain. My son Mike, born in 1986, was a freshman left winger. I would stand on the rail alongside Rich for home games at cozy Appleton Arena. Rich would give me sage advice – “Enjoy every minute of this (college hockey experience) because four years goes by in the blink of an eye” -- and he would talk about the joys of watching our kids play and having a post-game beer afterwards. I would reciprocate by looking up Toronto Maple Leaf scores for him on my phone and passing along the mostly bad news to the true-blue Maple Leafs fan. Some nights, if the Saints were filling the net and old Appleton was rockin, we’d look at each other after a goal, exchange high fives, and he’d laugh and say to me, “It doesn’t get any better than this, does it?” He had a big booming voice to go along with a good-sized frame, and big mitts that would envelop your hand when he shook it, but none of it was as big as his heart, which must have finally given out because he’d given so much of it to so many others. To be honest, back then, I didn’t know that much about Rich’s life in Elmira, the small town just northeast of Waterloo, Ontario, where he was a larger than life figure - the close-knit community’s unofficial mayor, dubbed by some as Mr. Elmira. But I knew he must be something special because his son, Kyle, most certainly was. Kyle went to SLU in Canton, New York, to play golf. He was a longshot walk-on to the hockey team, but played four full seasons for head coach Joe Marsh, becoming a top-line centre and co-captain with defenceman Drew Bagnall in their senior years. If there were just one thing I’d want Mike, my son, to take from his four years of college hockey – and believe me, there were so many more things he did take than just one – I’d want it to be the example set by Kyle Rank and Drew Bagnall as captains that year. They showed exemplary leadership, heart, grit and determination. They carried themselves like men and taught their younger teammates to do the same. They played hard, they played for keeps and yet they were every bit as caring for their teammates and the team as they were relentless against their opponents. At season’s end that year, head coach Marsh cited the leadership of Rank and Bagnall as special as he’d ever had in his 20-plus years at SLU. Not surprisingly, SLU finished first in the ECAC regular season that year. They lost in the semi-finals of the ECAC tournament, but still qualified for the NCAA tourney, eventually losing in the first round to the Boston College Eagles of Cory Schneider and Brian Boyle vintage. SLU hasn’t been back to the NCAA tournament since. Bagnall is still playing pro hockey – surprise, he’s captain of the AHL’s Rochester Americans this season – and Kyle Rank went on to play parts of five pro seasons, amassing 160 AHL regular season games for Bridgeport, Wilkes-Barre, Portland and Rochester and an additional 57 ECHL games in Wheeling and Cincinnati before hanging up his skates to become a Waterloo, Ontario firefighter, as well as a husband and father of two little girls, for whom on Sunday, he was out in the backyard flooding a rink. “I’m not sure many kids growing up dream of one day being an NHL referee and Garrett didn’t, at least not at first, but my Dad always loved being a ref and wanted Garrett to become one,” Kyle said. “Dad was always refereeing games and when Garrett followed in his refereeing footsteps, it was really special for him. That’s why (Garrett’s first NHL game) is going to be so special.” Rich Rank’s job was working for the Township of Woolwich, though he never treated it like a job, but more as an opportunity to meet and talk to people. He’d drive a snowplow in the winter. In the summer, as the story goes, he’d flush the town’s water mains by turning on the fire hydrants and, if it were a particularly hot summer day and kids were out on the street, the hydrant might run a lot longer than it was supposed to. Mostly, though, he loved talking to people. He loved to hear their stories, get to know them, treat each and every one of them like special friends. It was expensive having three kids growing up and playing sports, so Rich had part-time jobs, as well. Those were just further opportunities to meet and greet more people. He would drive a truck for the feed mill, referee whenever he could, which was often. Be it minor hockey or beer league hockey, it didn’t matter. Richie, as his close friends would call him, loved to put on the stripes and pick up his whistle. He treated the games he did like social outings. And, for him, they were. Because the Ranks lived so close to the local Elmira arena, if a referee didn’t show up to an assigned game, the phone would ring at the Rank household and the call would go out to Richie. “My mom referred to our house as Grand Central Station because that’s how busy it was, with the phone ringing and the comings and goings with my dad,” Garrett said. “My dad would get those calls, ‘There’s no ref here’ and he’d be flying out the door to the rink. He loved it.” “With the town, Rich worked a lot of early mornings or late nights, plowing or whatever,” his friend Webby said. “Then there was all the refereeing he did. So when he got some free time, he’d like to come over to my place for a beer and to watch hockey (on TV) and it usually wasn’t long until he’d be asleep in the chair. That was Rich. He liked having a beer, watching a game and falling asleep.” Rich Rank died that morning of January 3, 2014, while at work. He’d taken his truck/plow on a salting run and was in Conestoga, Ontario at the salt dome there, filling up the truck for the return ride to Elmira. It was there he suffered a heart attack. No one else was there with him. By the time he was found, it was too late. He was gone. The memorial service was six days later on January 9. I knew Rich, but not really. Not until I attended the ceremony with 800 others inside the Elmira Lions Hall – the same place where the town gathered for NHL player Dan Snyder’s post-funeral reception after his tragic death in 2003 – and another 200 who spilled outside on a biting cold day was it possible to fully comprehend the stature of the man in his community and the overwhelming sense of loss. Rich Rank was a special guy. It should come as no surprise he has special kids. *** No brother should ever have to make the phone call Kyle Rank made to Garrett, to tell him that their dad had died that Friday morning in early January. Garrett was in Sydney, Nova Scotia refereeing at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge when he got the word from his big brother. In the days to prior to that, the phone calls Garrett was getting in Sydney wwere from his dad, checking up on how Garrett’s tournament was going. Spencer Long Jersey. . Garrett had told him it was going well and he thought there was a chance he might get chosen to do the gold-medal game on Saturday. Garrett said Rich was ecstatic. “Dad was following Garrett’s work at the (U-17) closely,” Kyle said. “When I talked to Garrett -- well, it was obviously emotional, it’s not a phone call you want to make – but we talked it over and he decided he wanted to stay and see (the U-17) through to the end. Some people might not understand that, but there was nothing he could do at home right then and, if you knew my dad, my dad would want Garrett to work that gold-medal game.” Which is exactly what he did. “It was tough,” Garrett said. “It was very emotional, but the last time I had talked to my dad, he was excited I might have the chance to the do the gold-medal game. So when I got the chance to do it, I know my dad would have been the first one telling me to do it.” The day after his dad died, more than 2,000 kilometres from his family in Elmira, Garrett Rank stepped on the ice for the USA-Pacific/Canada gold-medal match and did his job like a pro. “Can you imagine having the composure to do that game under those circumstances?” brother Kyle marveled. “I think he proved then he’s an official who can deal with pressure and adversity. My dad would have been so proud of Garrett for doing that. Our family, anyone who knew my dad, we all backed Garrett 100 per cent. We’re all so proud of him.” The truth is officiating hockey games wasn’t Garrett’s first love. It was playing golf. Which is understandable, since he’s so good at it. While Garrett Rank will officiate NHL and AHL games this season, and that is his chosen career now, he’s already qualified to play in the 2015 RBC Canadian Open golf tournament on the PGA calendar by virtue of capturing the Canadian Mid-Amateur Golf Championship last summer at the Barrie Country Club, winning it on a first-hole playoff. In the summer of 2012, he finished second in the U.S. Mid-Amateur Championship. A first-place finish would have given him automatic inclusion in the 2013 Masters. Last summer was his best as an amateur golfer. In addition to the championship win that gave him the berth in the 2015 Canadian Open, he finished sixth in the Canadian Amateur Championship in Winnipeg, second in the U.S. Players Amateur Championship in South Carolina, third in the Monroe Invitational in New York, as well as a round-of-32 performance at the U.S. Amateur Championship and a round-of-16 performance at the U.S. Public Links Championship. Until he signed his contract to be an NHL official in training in August, working mostly this season in the AHL, he was a member of Golf Canada’s amateur national team. He carries a handicap of plus-5, which means in any tourney in which handicap is applied, he’s five strokes behind to start. Garrett played Junior B hockey with the Waterloo Siskins and Elmira Sugar Kings, but he always knew he was far more gifted with a golf club than a hockey stick. He went to the University of Waterloo on a golf scholarship and made the varsity hockey team as a walk-on, the same as his big brother did at SLU. But after one year of hockey, he knew he wanted to focus on golf. He became a two-time OUA individual golf champion and was the University of Waterloo’s athlete of the year in 2012. If all of this is difficult to comprehend, consider he’s also a cancer survivor. In 2011, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. He underwent surgery but, fortunately, didn’t require chemotherapy or radiation and recent scans show he’s free and clear of the disease. “I never knew for sure which way Garrett was going to go – to golf or refereeing hockey – but to be that good at two things is really remarkable,” proud brother Kyle said. “All I knew is he would be really successful at whichever one he chose because he’s an amazing person.” Kyle is hopeful his little brother may let him carry his bag and caddy a round in the Canadian Open in Glen Abbey this summer. Garrett isn’t ruling it out, although he knows he’s in tough because he isn’t able to play as much golf as he used to. A pro caddy will be required to give him every edge possible, but Kyle is likely to get his wish, for at least a practice round anyway. “Obviously, being a professional referee now makes it really hard for me golfing, but I still get my summers off and I still get in my rounds when I can,” said Garrett. “I’ll do my best (to stay competitive).” Failing that, little brother Garrett knows that as good a golfer as big brother Kyle is, and he is quite good, Garrett will likely always hold the upper hand on the links. “Kyle can give me a real good run when we’re on our course in Elmira because he is a very good golfer and knows the course so well,” Garrett said. “But if I get him on another course, one he hasn’t been on before, he isn’t going to beat me.” As for the choice between golfing and officiating, Garrett never had any doubt which way his Dad wanted him to go. “Maybe it’s because he was a good, old Canadian boy who loved hockey or maybe he knew how hard it is to make a living in golf, but he was always pushing me (towards officiating),” Garrett said. “He knew what was best for me.” Garrett said he started officiating as soon as he was old enough to get certified in his teen years, “doing tyke games at 6 a.m. and freezing my --- off” to earn spending money while he focused on playing golf and hockey. Once he decided to quit playing hockey at Waterloo, he didn’t officiate at all, expending all his time and effort on golf. As relatively successful as he was in amateur golf, it wasn’t paying the bills and, as time wore on, he wasn’t getting any younger. So former NHL official Lance Roberts was instrumental in getting Garrett out of officiating retirement and he started working the lines in local Junior B games in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. From there, Garrett saw an opportunity and moved onto the Ontario Hockey League, where he was a referee. When he played Junior B hockey in Waterloo, NHL officiating manager Al Kimmel was his coach. With Kimmel scouting officials on behalf of the NHL, it wasn’t long before Garrett got noticed and another door opened up for him. “We liked how he carried himself as a referee,” NHL director of officiating Stephen Walkom said. “Some guys are naturally inclined to be refs and Garrett seems to have that quality. You can see he’s accustomed to pressure, how he’s handled it as a golfer. I don’t think missing a hooking call in a hockey game can be as difficult as coming back from missing a three-foot putt in golf for a championship. There’s a real laid-back confidence to Garrett. He’s just starting out, there’s still a lot of work for him to do to make his way, but he’s off to a very good start.” Garrett will never know what would have happened had he forsaken officiating to pursue golf as a pro, but what he does know is it was time to start making a living and the door to refereeing in the professional ranks was wide open. It’s a decision his dad Rich would have endorsed and it’s a decision Garrett is more than comfortable with, especially now that he’s making his NHL debut this week. *** The Rank boys don’t take anything for granted. Their dad taught them not to ever get too far ahead of themselves, but that isn’t to say there aren’t some plans possibly being hatched as we speak. Kyle Rank and Webby know Garrett has a couple of other NHL games on his upcoming calendar – one in Nashville and a Saturday night later this season in Edmonton – so some road trips may be in the works for Rich’s eldest boy and good friend. “My dad never missed much that involved any of his kids,” Kyle said, “so I’m thinking there may be some road trips coming up here, me and Webby better carry on that family legacy, because if my dad could be there to watch his kids, he would be there.” Which brings us to Thursday night in Buffalo, where Rank family and friends will gather not only to celebrate Garrett’s arrival as an NHL referee, but, no doubt, Rich’s life that touched so many as well. “Corny as it may sound,” Kyle Rank said, “my dad will be there, too. He’ll be watching.” “It’s a dream come true,” Garrett Rank said. “For me, and my dad. He’ll be right there with me. Always.” I know what a pal of mine would say to that: “It doesn’t get any better than this, does it? No, Rich, it doesn’t. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz