Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

27.05.2019 08:49
Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Antworten

NEW YORK -- On a day when dozens of Yankees greats were back on the field in pinstripes, Goose Gossage was overwhelmed to be the centre of attention. Custom Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys . The Hall of Fame reliever with the blazing fastball and bushy moustache was honoured by the team on Old-Timers Day with a plaque to be put in Monument Park. "This is the greatest day Ive ever had," he told the sellout crowd of 47,493 at Yankee Stadium. Joined on the field by his family and old-timers from Yogi Berra to Bucky Dent, Gossage unveiled his plaque at home plate and grabbed the microphone Sunday to chants of "Goooose" before New York hosted the Baltimore Orioles. "I played for nine different teams, and putting on the pinstripes was like the closest thing to an out-of-body experience Ive ever had," Gossage said. "Outside of the day my kids were born and going into Cooperstown, it doesnt get any better than this. Its awesome," he added later. "Just an amazing day. I cant even put into words what it means." Gossage pitched for the Yankees from 1978-83, helping them to a World Series title during his first season in pinstripes. He returned for 11 games in 1989. Back in his day, closers routinely pitched multiple innings -- and Gossage was no different. He went 42-28 with a 2.14 ERA and 151 saves for the Yankees, leaving him third on the clubs career list behind Mariano Rivera (652) and Dave Righetti (224). "What he did in his era was just incredible," former New York pitcher David Wells said. After spending so much time in the bullpen at the previous Yankee Stadium, just a few steps from Monument Park, Gossage said he never could have imagined having his own plaque out there with all the others. The inscription on his marker begins by calling Gossage "one of the most intimidating pitchers ever to don pinstripes." It becomes the 28th plaque grouped behind the centre-field fence, where seven monuments commemorate such all-time greats as Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle, along with late owner George Steinbrenner. The tribute came one day after the Yankees presented Tino Martinez with a Monument Park plaque in a similar celebration. Gossage tipped his cap to the crowd, and a video montage of his Yankees highlights preceded his speech. Diana Munson, the widow of former batterymate Thurman Munson, gave the pitcher a framed replica of his plaque, and the team presented him with a flashy No. 54 ring outlined in diamonds. "I cant tell you what it means to me and my family," said Gossage, recalling that Old-Timers Day was always his favourite day of the year during his Yankees tenure. "I dont even really know what to say. Its totally overwhelming to me." When the ceremony was over, the old-timers took the field for a four-inning game. Ron Guidry was on the mound, Rickey Henderson led off with a double and Mickey Rivers made a smooth catch in right-centre to rob Martinez of extra bases. Jesse Barfield homered into the left-field corner off David Cone, who trotted from first to third right alongside the ex-slugger. "I always wanted to run the bases," Cone said. "The only way I could do it was to piggyback off Jesse." Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui each made their first appearance at Old-Timers Day, both drawing a big hand. Matsui came in from left field to pitch to Reggie Jackson in a made-for-Hollywood matchup of Godzilla vs. Mr. October. Berra and fellow Hall of Famer Whitey Ford, both in their 80s, waved from a golf cart and received standing ovations. Later on, still wearing his full uniform, Gossage threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Yankees played the Orioles. Ketel Marte Jersey . Cory Batey and Brandon Vandenburg were each convicted on four charges of aggravated rape, one of attempted aggravated rape and two for aggravated sexual battery. Vandenburg was also found guilty of tampering with evidence as well as an unlawful photography charge. Curt Schilling Jersey . Last July, F1 teams held in-season testing sessions at Silverstone to assess new tires provided by Pirelli after several blowouts on the same circuit at the British Grand Prix in June prompted a furious response from drivers and even a boycott threat the following week. http://www.diamondbacksteamshop.com/ . Webb birdied the 18th hole to take the outright lead, then watched as Choi, who shot a course-record 62 on Saturday to take a share of the third-round lead, pushed a 10-foot putt wide of the hole at 18 to miss the chance for a playoff.Ozone Park, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Private Zone, ridden by Martin Pedroza, took the lead out of the gate and was never challenged to win Saturdays $750,000 Cigar Mile at Aqueduct. Trained by Alfredo Velazquez, Private Zone broke sharply from the inside post in the nine-horse field and immediately went to the front and controlled the pace. Sent off at 9-2, Private Zone was stalked by 13-1 longshot Regally Ready and 5-2 favorite Secret Circle, runner-up in this years Breeders Cup Sprint. Private Zone increased his advantage down the stretch and went on to post a five-length victory over Secret Circle with Bourbon Courage getting third. He was great, the winning trainer said. That was the way I was expecting him to run because he was training super. I worked him here the other day and it was (the slowest) track I have ever seen, and he worked 1:01 and 4/5 (seconds). Completing the order of finish were Big Business, Vyjack, Noble Moon, Reegally Ready, Transparent and Itsmyluckyday. Jarrod Dyson Jersey. The time for the Mile was 1:34.39 on a fast track. Owned by Good Friends Stable, Private Zone tallied his seventh career win just one year after finishing second in the Cigar Mile behind Flat Out. The 5- year-old gelding earned $450,000 with the win and has now banked $1,521,820 in 25 lifetime starts. The purse for the race was boosted by $250,000 because there were Grade I race winners in the field, including Private Zone. Private Zone was third in the Breeders Cup Sprint behind Work All Week and Secret Circle four weeks ago. Two months ago at Belmont Park he won his second straight Vosburgh in just his second start of the year. His first start this season came on Sept. 1 on the grass when he finished fourth in the Turf Monster at Parx Racing. Private Zone returned $11.60, $5.80 and $4.10. Secret Circle paid $4.60 and $3.30, and Bourbon Courage paid $4.10 to show. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz