Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
panxing18 Offline

12.06.2019 05:13
Rajai Davis has his name cemente Antworten

CLEVELAND (AP) — d in October baseball lore.But it might not be on Cleveland’s playoff roster this year.Indians manager Terry Francona has one spot left on his 25-man roster for the AL Division Series against the Houston Astros and it will go to either Davis or utility infielder Erik Gonzalez.“We’re debating the last spot Austin Meadows Jersey ,” Francona said Wednesday. “We’re going back and forth.”The Indians will open the ALDS in Houston on Friday and Francona must submit his roster to Major League Baseball by 10 a.m. that morning for the best-of-five series.Many of the other tough decisions were made days ago, and now Francona and his coaching staff have to decide whether to keep Davis as the club’s sixth outfielder or go with Gonzalez, who can play anywhere in the infield.“Gonzie gives you a little bit of a safety net if something happens to somebody,” Francona said. “Raj gives you the ability to maybe influence the game with his legs, as we’ve seen. So, we’re all just trying to figure out what’s the right thing to do.”Davis has also shown he can influence a game — and maybe a season — with his bat.The veteran is best known for hitting a tying, two-run home run in the eighth inning of Game 7 of the 2016 World Series against the Chicago Cubs. Davis’ dramatic, line-drive homer off closer Aroldis Chapman pulled the Indians even before they eventually lost in 10 innings as the Cubs ended their 106-year Series title drought.Davis spent last season with Oakland and Boston before re-signing with Cleveland as a free agent in February. He batted .224 with 21 stolen bases in a reserve role.Gonzalez has been cleared from concussion protocol after he was struck in the helmet with a pitch last week in Chicago. The 27-year-old played in 81 games for the Indians and batted .265 with one homer and 16 RBIs.Francona’s decision could come down to whether it’s more important to have an extra infielder if either All-Star Francisco Lindor or Jose Ramirez gets hurt. Gonzalez can play shortstop or second base.“If Frankie went down and he didn’t go down enough to be a DL, it’s kind of an issue,” Francona said. “But do we gamble a little bit and think that Raj might be able to change a game with his legs?”Francona will carry 11 pitchers — three left-handers — as the Indians try to dethrone the defending World Series champions, who went 4-3 this season against Cleveland.He’ll use a three-man rotation of Corey Kluber, Carlos Carrasco and Mike Clevinger, who will start Game 3 in Cleveland. Starters Trevor Bauer and Shane Bieber will be in the bullpen for Games 1 and 2 in Houston, and depending on if they are used in the first two games, one will start Game 4 — if the series goes that long.Cleveland’s other relievers: Cody Allen Colin Moran Jersey , Dan Otero, Adam Cimber, Andrew Miller, Oliver Perez and Brad Hand.Francona said one of the toughest decisions was to leave off veteran right-hander Josh Tomlin, the club’s longest-tenured player.“He’s one of the best teammates I’ve ever seen in my whole career, and that doesn’t change,” Francona said. “But we tell the guys day one that we’re going to do what is best for our team. Some conversations are harder than others, and that one was definitely hard, but we also don’t claim to be right 100 percent of the time. What we try to do is be respectful, do our homework and be honest.“Sometimes that’s the best you can do because some of the conversations are hard.” MESA, Ariz. (AP) — When he was 4 years old, Miguel Amaya remembers going to a baseball field for the first time. The Chicago Cubs prospect never thought what happened that day would lead to a career in the game.“The coach said I was fat and that the fat guy has to play catcher,” Amaya said Thursday on one of the back fields at the Cubs’ spring training complex. “Since that day, I loved catcher.”Amaya, who turns 20 on Saturday David Freese Jersey , signed with the Cubs in 2015 and has a bright future. He’s not fat anymore but an athletic 6-foot-1, 185 pounds and still growing.“I think he has certain intangibles that you look for behind the plate,” said Alex Suarez, the Cubs’ director of international pro scouting and player development. “He’s a great teammate and he’s taught himself English. He’s pushed himself to be able to communicate with the English-speaking and Spanish-speaking players.“When it’s all said and done, the tools behind the plate and at the plate have proven that he belongs in pro ball and he’s somebody who we should definitely keep our eyes on.”When Amaya, who is from La Villa de los Santos, Panama, reported to the Cubs’ academy in the Dominican Republic in 2016, he insisted the coaches speak English to him. He’s slowly making his way up, playing last season at Class A South Bend, where he batted .256 with 12 home runs and 52 RBIs in 116 games.What does he need to do to get to the big leagues?“I’ve been working more on my hitting,” Amaya said. “I’ve been catching since I was 4 years old and I don’t know everything about catching, but that’s my job. I know a lot about catching. Hitting is really hard. I’ve been working on that and learning a lot to hit the ball in the strike zone. I think I just need to play more games to get to the big leagues, to be mature.”He might be young, but Amaya knows how important his role is on any club.“The catcher is the brain of the team http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authentic-brad-hand-jersey ,” he said. “He’s the brain of the game. We’re the only player who is in front of everything. We’re always watching everything. We have to be heads up — we have to pass the signs to the whole team. If runners are taking a big lead, we have to throw to the bases. We have to do everything.”Suarez has seen that maturity in Amaya.“He’s the type of guy who has played beyond his years and showed the poise we’re looking for behind the plate,” Suarez said. “They have to be even-keeled and handle a staff, and having that type of poise to become that calming presence behind the plate is something that attracted us to Amaya right from the beginning.”BaseballReference.com lists 62 players from Panama who have made it to the major leagues, including new Hall of Fame closer Mariano Rivera.“I’ve never met him but watching him play in the big leagues, that’s a good role model for all Panamanians because we want to follow him,” Amaya said. “He’s going to be in the Hall of Fame. That’s a good thing for all Panamanian guys.”Suarez said “Panama seems to be an emerging secondary market on the international market and there’s a lot of good players coming out of there. It’s definitely being scouted a lot more than it has been.”Amaya is just trying to reach the majors.“There are like 1,000 players and only five or 10 will make it to the big leagues,” he said. “It’s hard. Our job is to keep working hard every day and do what we need to do.”One thing’s for sure, though: He’s not the fat kid on the field anymore.“No, I’m strong now,” Amaya said, laughing.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz