Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 79 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

25.08.2018 09:17
When shots werent falling for Atlanta during a woeful start to the second quarter, the Hawks started going inside to Paul Millsa Antworten

BOSTON -- When shots werent falling for Atlanta during a woeful start to the second quarter, the Hawks started going inside to Paul Millsap and never stopped. Satchel Paige Jersey . Millsap had season highs with 34 points and 15 rebounds as the Hawks rallied from an 18-point deficit for a 92-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Tuesday afternoon. Jeff Teague scored 16 points and Kyle Korver added 14 for Atlanta. "At the beginning of the game it wasnt really what they were doing. Its what we didnt do. We didnt execute well. We didnt share the basketball like we normally do," said Millsap, who had his best game for the Hawks since signing as a free agent in the off-season. "When we settled down, got stops and moved the basketball around, everybody got in a groove." The Hawks barely made one third of their shots, going 33 for 91, but Millsap was nearly unstoppable inside. He was 12 for 14 from the field and forced his way to the foul line, where he made 10 of 14 free throws. "We were able to find a way to win a game where we werent able to shoot well from the perimeter, from the basket, really from anywhere except for Paul Millsap," Atlanta coach Mike Budenholzer said. Boston pulled away on a 19-4 run to start the second quarter, but Atlanta closed the period on a 15-0 run and set up a back-and-forth finish. "We started off the game so terribly. We just couldnt find any kind of rhythm and they had us totally out of synch," said Korver, who extended his NBA record streak of games with a 3-pointer to 101. "We were dead in the water there for a little while. We just felt like we couldnt get anything going. We got a little momentum and were able to carry that over to the second half." Boston had two shots to win after Shelvin Mack missed a layup in the final minute, but couldnt convert. Jordan Crawford missed with about eight seconds remaining and Boston ended up with the rebound and called time out. Crawford tried again at the buzzer but his shot bounced off the backboard. "I felt like it was a good opportunity. Jordan lives for that," Boston coach Brad Stevens said. "I think hell probably beat himself up over it, but thats OK. We play again on Thursday." Kelly Olynyk scored a career-high 21 points and Kris Humphries had 18 points and 10 rebounds as Bostons reserves scored 56 -- more than half of the teams total. None of Bostons starters scored in double figures. Brandon Bass was closest with nine points and Jared Sullinger pulled down 10 rebounds. The lead went back-and-forth down the stretch until Atlanta clinched it in the final minutes. After Millsap put the Hawks up 90-89, Crawford answered with a long jumper that beat the shot clock and put Boston back up 91-90 with 1:36 left. It was the last field goal of the game. Teague drew a foul with 1:30 left and made both shots and the Hawks held on for the win. The Celtics led 23-20 after the first and opened second on a 19-4 run for a 42-24 lead. Atlanta responded by scoring the last 15 points of the period and then opened the third quarter with a 10-4 run and took a 54-48 lead on a layup by Teague. Olynyk started Boston on a 9-0 run with a 3-pointer, then Crawford converted a three-point play and added a 3-pointer to put the Celtics up 57-54. Korvers streak appeared to be in jeopardy through the third period after he missed his first five attempts from beyond-the-arc. His sixth was good, though, and he drew a foul for a four-point play that pulled the Hawks within 83-76 with 6:10 remaining. "The whole section up there was reminding me I hadnt hit one," Korver said. "I was trying to make shots to make shots, not just to keep the streak going." Notes: The Hawks streak of nine straight games scoring more than 100 points ended. ... Atlanta centre Al Horford was scheduled for surgery Tuesday to repair his torn right pectoral muscle. The Hawks announced Monday that Horford, the Hawks leading scorer and rebounder, was out for the season. ... The Celtics closed December at 6-6. Lonnie Chisenhall Jersey . Hes the same player he always was, only now his efforts are being rewarded. The rookie manager has made a habit of heaping praise on others when things are going well, and accepting criticism when they arent. But in the case of Hurtado, its what the coach is NOT saying that may be the secret to a superb run of form. Danny Salazar Jersey . -- Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew practiced in a limited capacity Friday, a positive sign he might be able to play against the Tennessee Titans. http://www.cheapindiansjerseys.com/ . Hawkins severely sprained his left ankle while making a diving catch during training camp and went on injured reserve with a designation he could return midway through the season. He was back at practice Wednesday.SAN DIEGO - Quarterback Philip Rivers isnt sure if hes going to need surgery on his ailing back now that the Chargers season is over.I cant rule it out but its too early to know, Rivers said Monday, a day after the Chargers season ended with a 19-7 loss at Kansas City.A victory would have clinched a wild-card spot for the Bolts. Instead, Rivers was sacked seven times, was intercepted twice and lost a fumble as the Chiefs overwhelmed the Chargers line.Rivers had been listed on the injury report in recent weeks as having chest and back injuries.Reports surfaced that Rivers had a bulging disc in his lower back.Asked to confirm or deny it, he said: I just dont think theres any reason to confirm it. Cant deny it, but its not exactly accurate.Rivers said talking about his injuries does no good. Its self-serving, really, to tell you anything, because then its like, Oh, well thats why this and that happened. My injuries had nothing to do with whether I threw it good or threw it bad.Rivers was intercepted seven times in the final three games. He finished the season with 4,286 yards, 31 touchdowns and 18 interceptions.The Chargers lost three of their last four games, and will miss the playoffs for the fourth time in five years.Coach Mike McCoy, who failed to repplicate the job he did in getting the Chargers to the playoffs as a rookie head coach in 2013, refused to divulge more information about Rivers injury. Trevor Bauer Jersey. cCoy didnt have many answers for why the Chargers flopped when they controlled their own destiny to grab a playoff berth.I think we had a lot of confidence going in in our plans and what we were going to do and we just didnt play well enough to win in all three phases, he said. I think they were ready and ready to go.Asked what blame the coaching staff should take, McCoy said: Were all in it together. Its not the coaches, its not just the players, its all of us. Everything we do, were one. Were a football team, were an organization. Were going to back each other. Its not just one phase, its not just one coach. It all starts with me as the head coach and we didnt play well enough to win, so give me all the blame for it. Thats fine.McCoy, who is from the San Francisco Bay Area, was asked if hes interested in the 49ers vacancy after Jim Harbaughs mutual agreement with the team to part ways.Im very happy with where Im at. I love my job, McCoy said.___Follow Bernie Wilson on Twitter at http://twitter.com/berniewilson___Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz