Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

22.07.2019 03:19
earned runs in 15 2/3 innings Antworten

ASHBURN, Va. Thomas Welsh Nuggets Jersey . - During a six-hour interview at the Washington Redskins owners house, Scot McCloughan saw Dan Snyders eyes light up like a little kid, which the prospective new general manager found as cool as crud. McCloughan also laid out a plan that essentially told Snyder it was time for a change.The subject of Snyders renowned impatience had been broached by team President Bruce Allen, who was also present. McCloughan spoke of a different approach, once that runs counter to the quick-fix mode that has come to embody the franchise.I laid my vision out. Its the vision I know; its the vision Ive been around for 20 years, McCloughan said. Again, theres no right or wrong way, but they understand where Im coming from. They understand how important the draft is to me.The Redskins new GM, who will have full authority over the roster, met with reporters Friday in what has become a seemingly annual rite of passage — the big off-season news conference that is supposed to signal a turnaround. This one, which came exactly one year to the day after coach Jay Grudens introductory turn at the podium, didnt come with a sense that all the wrongs will suddenly be rights.Its time for a team that has finished last in the NFC East in six of the last seven years to start doing things differently.The drafts the lifeline of your organization, said McCloughan, who honed his philosophy in the 1990s as a scout with the Green Bay Packers and over the last decade in the front office of the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks.You start dabbling in free agency sometimes, you get older guys, you get the medical history, McCloughan said. The thing I liked about what we did in San Fran, what we did in Seattle: We drafted our own, moulded our own, and re-signed the ones we wanted to re-sign. You train them how you want to train them.In Washington, were going to draft these guys — were going to draft them and mould them as Redskins. Were not going to have to go out to other organizations and bring in 32-, 33-year olds that have different plans.Sounds like no more Albert Haynesworths or Donovan McNabbs or Jason Hatchers on the free agency plate at Redskins Park. Snyder, who sat in the second row of the auditorium taking it all in, exited quickly after the news conference and did not take questions, but he chuckled at McCloughans little kid and cool as crud references, which were meant to reflect the owners passion for winning.Allen is giving up the role of GM he has held for five years and will remain team president. Asked who will have control over the makeup of the team, McCloughan, with arms folded, responded: I have final say.Before being offered the job, McCloughan had some tough questions of his own to answer. While he had been a success with the 49ers (2005-09, including the last two as GM) and the Seahawks (2010-13), he left both jobs because of personal reasons.He later disclosed to ESPN The Magazine that he had drinking and family problems, and he spent the 2014 season running his own private scouting service that evaluated college players for NFL clients, one of which was the Redskins.It was very tough, McCloughan said. But I learned a lot from it, professionally and personally, and it made me a better father. Its going to make me a better personnel guy because I went through it. ... Honestly, Im kind of glad I went through it to realize who I am and what I have to be.Allen said he had a forthright conversation with McCloughan.He would not be taking this job if he thought that was going to be a concern, Allen said.Allen and McCloughan go back a ways. Allen said he recommended McCloughan for the 49ers GM job, and he said the Redskins were one of the first teams to sign up for McCloughans scouting service last year. By the end of the season, Allen had essentially targeted McCloughan.As for Robert Griffin III, who has been benched twice in two years, McCloughan said its too early to give up on the 2012 Offensive Rookie of the Year. McCloughan said it took Brett Favre two years to figure out the Packers West Coast offence, which is similar to the one introduced by Gruden last year.He also said Gruden would be in charge of hiring the coaching stuff, which as of now needs a defensive co-ordinator to replace Jim Haslett.If youre not winning games, theres turmoil everywhere, McCloughan said. Thats just common knowledge. ... This is my fourth organization. Ive been around a couple of really good ones, but this place is right. Its set to go in the right direction.___AP NFL websites: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow Joseph White on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JGWhiteAP Malik Beasley Nuggets Jersey .C. -- The Edmonton Oilers used a late-power-play goal to get a hard-fought road victory. Jamal Murray Jersey . Team officials did not indicate the extent of the injury Saturday, simply listing Rose with "left knee soreness." Rose has played two preseason games without any sign of problems. The first NBA game in South America now will be missing its biggest star. http://www.nuggetsproshop.com/Carmelo-Anthony-Nuggets-Jersey/ . Louis Cardinals for the National League Wild Card, are in the drivers seat as they open the final series of the regular season, but they face a large task in the form of the Philadelphia Phillies. TORONTO -- Steve Tolleson is the only Toronto Blue Jay who will want to remember Wednesdays game. With his team trailing the Cleveland Indians by 13 runs in the ninth inning, the Blue Jays utility infielder came off the bench to make his big league pitching debut and secure the final out. "I wish the circumstances hadnt even been that way to get that chance but I guess any time you have a chance to go out and try to get an out in a major-league game thats a pretty special opportunity for anyone," said the 30-year-old Tolleson after the Indians pounded the Blue Jays 15-4 at Rogers Centre. "I didnt take it for granted," said Tolleson, who joked that he tried to stay "below the hitting speed" against the two hitters he faced. He yielded a double to Lonnie Chisenhall and got Mike Aviles to pop up. Tolleson, who said he pitched a couple of times late in blowout games in the minors in 2011 and 2012, said manager John Gibbons came up to him before the Cleveland ninth to see if he was willing to go in to pitch if needed. He relieved Neil Wagner, recalled earlier in the day from triple-A Buffalo, who had given up six runs on six hits in 1 1/3 innings. "He was battling out there and if I could save him a few pitches to help him get ready for his next appearance then thats what the team needed today," Tolleson said. Toronto shortstop Jose Reyes flipped the ball into the stands after the Aviles pop up but Tolleson said it was retrieved for him to keep as a souvenir. David Murphy was 5 for 6 with five runs batted in and Chisenhall was 5 for 6 with an RBI as Cleveland (19-21) had 22 hits off for five different Toronto pitchers before 14,068 fans. The Indians led 4-2 after six innings before pounding the Toronto bullpen to turn it into a laaugher. Malik Beasley Jersey. "We were in that game going into the seventh inning," Gibbons said. "Then, of course, it exploded on us. Get that one out of our system and come back tomorrow." Toronto (20-21) closes out a nine-game home stand against the Indians on Thursday night. Dustin McGowans struggles at home continued. The Toronto right-handed starter was touched for four runs in four-plus innings, including a two-run home run by Carlos Santana. McGowan (2-2), making his eighth start of the season, gave up a run in each of the second and fourth innings before being chased by three straight hits including Santanas two-run blast in the fifth. McGowan is now 0-2 with 16 earned runs in 15 2/3 innings and 9.10 earned-run-average over four starts at the Rogers Centre this season. On the road, hes 2-0 with six earned runs in 23 1/3 innings and a sparkling 2.31 ERA in four starts. "It was just one of those nights where they were waffling the ball," McGowan said. "Sometimes you have to tip your hat to them. "All my pitches were fine tonight. I just got hit hard." Former Blue Jay Yan Gomes had a three-run homer in the ninth off Wagner to cap the onslaught. Meanwhile, Cleveland starter Corey Kluber (4-3) had a solid outing. The right-hander retired the first 13 Blue Jays he faced and finished the night yielding two runs, four hits and a walk while striking out nine over seven innings. Adam Lind had two of the Blue Jays eight hits while Jose Bautista, Brett Lawrie, Juan Francisco and Josh Thole each drove in a run. After Thursdays game, the Blue Jays go out on the road for three weekend games in Texas before heading to Fenway Park for a three-game series against the Boston Red Sox beginning on Tuesday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz