Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

26.07.2019 05:39
media attention he has received. Particularly leadin Antworten

Andrew Wiggins has become a household name, largely due to the unparalleled media attention he has received. Particularly leading into the Vaughan, Ontario natives freshman year at the University of Kansas, with the ESPN Magazine and Sports Illustrated covers, a GQ feature, and SportsCentre highlights that have created an immeasurable amount of excitement - so much so, that it makes it impossible to live up to the hype. Traditionally, the early part of most NCAA programs schedules are loaded with cupcake opponents, and teams or players arent truly tested until conference play in the new year. However on Tuesday night, the State Farm Championship Classic not only pit the #4 Duke Blue Devils against the #5 Kansas Jayhawks in not only a top level match up, but featured the #1 (Wiggins) and #2 (Jabari Parker) high school recruits in the country squaring off against one another. Wiggins would face a true test to see if he was every bit as good as the hype. There would no longer be any questions, judging the ease and ability of his game against his inferior opponents. Despite what the players said, the match-up of Wiggins vs. Parker didnt disappoint for in the closely contested basketball game that showcased much more talent then the two heralded freshmen, it was still Wiggins leading his Jayhawks down the stretch to a 94-83 victory. Notwithstanding foul trouble, which kept him on the bench for much of the first half, Wiggins finished the game with 22 points and eight rebounds. His step back jumper with 1:33 left and fast break dunk seconds later started a 10-2 Jayhawks run to close out the game. He shot 9-15 from the field with many of those high percentage baskets on the break. Wiggins had eight transition points, one more than the entire Blue Devils team. While Parker had a monstrous first half with 19 points, he fouled out, trying to stop Wiggins, ironically, with 27 points and nine rebounds. Earlier in the evening, #1 ranked Kentucky fell to #2 Michigan State and UKs super freshman Julius Randle added 27 points and 13 rebounds in the loss. "Big players make big plays," Wiggins said. "I think our whole team, whoever was on the court, every possession we made a big play. Thats why we came out on top." Despite the competition, Wiggins was the biggest player of the night and much like his personality, performed with a modest display of his abilities. He still teases with his untapped potential, but rose to the occasion to prove that in fact, the hype is real. FIVE CANADIANS TO WATCH, THIS NCAA SEASON Unquestionably, all eyes are on Wiggins but here are five other Canadians that will garner attention this season. Nik Stauskas, Small Forward, University of Michigan (Sophomore) Last season, the Mississauga, Ontario swingman was playing in the NCAA Championship game as a freshman. The deadly 3-point shooter returns, without teammates Naismith Player of the Year Trey Burke and shooting guard Tim Hardaway Jr., who have both gone to the NBA and will be relied upon more heavily by the Wolverines. Stauskas added 16 pounds of muscle during the offseason and committed to improving his defense. Kevin Pangos, Point Guard, Gonzaga University (Junior) Pangos is the head of the snake for the Bulldogs, and will have more work cut out for him without NBA lottery pick Kelly Olynyk. The Holland Landing, Ontario native averaged 11.9 points a game and shot .417% from the 3-point line last season. Pangos looked to improve on both sides of the ball, leading Canadas Development Team this summer. Tyler Ennis, Point Guard, Syracuse University (Freshman) As a freshman, Ennis steps into the starting line-up as Michael Carter-Williams left for the NBA, and will take the reigns of the Orangemen offense. As the only true point guard on the roster the Brampton, Ontario playmaker is known as a facilitator, but he can put the ball in the net. Ennis led the Under 19 World FIBA Championships tournament in scoring this past summer, averaging 20.9 points per game. Dwight Powell, Power Forward, Stanford University (Senior) Last season, the Toronto, Ontario native was named Pac-12 Most Improved Player of the Year along with All Pac-12 First Team honours averaging a team-high 14.9 points a game and 8.4 rebounds. Powell spent the summer playing on the Canadian Mens Development Team touring China and competing in the World University Games shooting 61.9% from the field and averaging 12.1 points and 5.1 rebounds. Daniel Mullings, Shooting Guard, New Mexico State (Junior) Mullings is a versatile player and a solid perimeter defender that chipped in 13.8 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.3 steals per game last season. He will have an expanded role this year and was voted pre-season Western Athletic Conference player of the year. Braden Holtby Capitals Jersey . In the second game of their day/night doubleheader at Minneapolis, three Blue Jays pitchers, Steve Delabar, Sergio Santos and J. Jaromir Jagr Jersey . Hamilton signed offensive linemen Mike Filer, Joel Reinders, Landon Rice and Carson Rockhill. http://www.officialcapitalsfanstore.com/authentic-dennis-maruk-capitals-jersey/ . According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, it doesnt appear the offer was warmly received by the team. Blue Jackets director of hockey operations John Davidson and general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said on Wednesday the team has made offers of $6 million for two years, $32 million for six and $46 million over eight years but each one was refused by the restricted free agent centre and agent Kurt Overhardt. Dale Hunter Jersey . Diego Costa headed in Gabis corner seven minutes from time to secure victory ahead of the return match in Madrid on March 11. "We know that at Madrid it will be another game, which will also be important and very difficult," Milan coach Clarence Seedorf said. Jonas Siegenthaler Jersey . - Novak Djokovic beat John Isner 7-5, 6-7 (2), 6-1 on Saturday to reach the final of the BNP Paribas Open, where hell resume his longtime rivalry with Roger Federer.TORONTO – Dave Bolland did not hesitate when asked who would win on Friday. "Canada," Bolland said with a smile. "Is that a question?" One day earlier, though, fellow Toronto Maple Leafs centre Nazem Kadri wasnt so sure his home and native land could pull off the win against the United States in the semi-finals of the Olympic hockey tournament. "I want to say Canada, but to be honest with you, the U.S. looks better," Kadri, a native of London, Ont., said. "We dont know if Naz is Canadian or American," Bolland, from Mimico, Ont., said with a chuckle. "We dont know what he is or who hes cheering for. He could be cheering for the Belarusians." Roommate Turmoil The North American rivalry has many fault lines throughout the Leafs dressing room even though a vast majority of the players – 20 in total – are Canadian. The issue: two of the key players on Team USA are also two-thirds of Torontos top line: Phil Kessel and James van Riemsdyk. The man who centres that line in the NHL, Reginas Tyler Bozak, may be the Leaf who is most torn. After all, Bozak is close friends with Kessel and actually lives with the Leafs leading scorer. "Thats a tough question for me to answer," Bozak admitted when asked where his loyalties lie. "Ive got my two wingers on the U.S. and Im Canadian so I guess Im cheering for both. I just hope Phil and JVR play really well and maybe Canada wins. I dont know. "Its going to be an exciting game to watch, for sure. I really cant make any predictions. I dont know. The U.S. has been playing great. Canadas kind of snuck by with a few wins, buut every games different and it should be a fun one to watch.dddddddddddd" Another set of roommates are also at odds over the game and are actually putting their money where their mouthes are. Defencemen Morgan Rielly and Jake Gardiner, from Vancouver and Minnetonka, MN respectively, have placed a friendly wager on the game. "I cant tell you what it is," Rielly said. "Hes overconfident. I think Team Canada will be fine." Most Leafs, however, were trying to take the diplomatic approach with head coach and Sudbury, Ont. native Randy Carlyle, acknowledging the semi-final showdown "was pulling your heart strings in different directions." The Diplomatic Approach "We hope and wish our players all the luck in the world as far as an organization," said Carlyle, "but I am Canadian." "I hope that Phil and JVR do well," said captain Dion Phaneuf, who hails from Edmonton and was invited to Hockey Canadas orientation camp in the summer, "so Im in the middle, thats for sure. Any time you have teammates competing, you want them to do well, but Im Canadian and I have lots of respect for Hockey Canada." What everyone can agree on is that Kessel and van Riemsdyk are having a much better Sochi experience than Nikolai Kulemin, who was the other Leaf taking part in the Winter Games. "Nobody asks questions about how youre going to feel about Nikolai Kulemin coming back and thats a tough one," said Carlyle. "Host country and the way their tournament unravelled, hes part of our hockey club and weve got to find a way to build him back up and get him going again." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz