Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

29.07.2019 04:47
State Warriors won nine in a row in the same Antworten

WASHINGTON -- There were no sports channel highlight shows the last time the Golden State Warriors won nine in a row in the same season. Even if there were, the top-10 compilers surely would have been hard-pressed to find a Gus Williams-to-Rick Barry moment that looked anything like the off-the-backboard play executed Sunday night by Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut. Klay Thompson scored 26 points, Curry and Bogut connected on a play worthy of the NBAs slam dunk contest, and the Warriors won their ninth in row, beating the Washington Wizards 112-96. The Warriors pulled away by turning a tie game at halftime into a laugher in the third quarter, opening the period with a 30-5 run that included a sequence in which Curry drove into the paint and sent the ball flying out of his hand and off the glass. The carom went right to a leaping Bogut, who timed the play perfectly for a dunk, then stared at his right hand with mouth agape as he ran down court. "I didnt know what was going on," Bogut said. "I didnt know if he was shooting or throwing a lob, but I kind of knew it was a bad shot if it was a shot. I just tried to get where the ball was coming." Curry had a got-away-with-it smile after the play. He described it as something that happened, well, accidentally on purpose. "I made a decision to pick my dribble up and look for Bogut. Whoever was guarding him made a decision to stay with him, and my only option was to stick my hand out at the last second to redirect it," Curry said. "Thankfully it hit the right spot on the backboard, and Bogue made a quick reaction to go up. Weve never done that before, so it was nice that it worked out." The Warriors hadnt won nine straight in the same season since a 10-game run from Dec. 6-23, 1975. They also had a nine-game regular season winning streak that overlapped the 1990-91 and 1991-92 seasons. Golden State is 5-0 on its season-long, seven-game, 13-day road trip and moved into a tie with the Los Angeles Clippers atop the Pacific Division. The last time the Warriors led a division this late in season was on March 2, 1992. "It puts into perspective the history of this franchise, and how far in a short period weve been able to turn it around," Golden State coach Mark Jackson said, "with great moves by ownership, by management, spectacular players that have bought in. And now the thing is sustaining it." Curry and Thompson topped John Wall and Bradley Beal in the battle of the two highest-scoring backcourts in the NBA. Curry scored 14 points on 5-for-17 shooting, but the leagues most turnover-prone player had 10 assists and only two giveaways. Thompson was 9 for 14 from the field, including 6 for 9 from 3-point range. David Lee added 21 points and 11 rebounds, and Bogut finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds. Wall had 14 points and 10 assists, but he shot 4 for 11, including 1 for 5 in the crucial third quarter. Beal, who remains on a minutes restriction because of a left leg injury, scored nine points and 4-for-15 shooting. The Wizards made only 6 of 21 shots in the third quarter, and they hit bottom when Nene committed two backcourt bad-pass turnovers in a span of six seconds. "Awful," Washington coach Randy Wittman said. "The third quarter? Until we can learn to play through missed shots and not zap your own energy and the energy of your teammates, were going to play like that. Were too much right now a team of front-runners." Nene scored 14 points for the Wizards, who have lost three straight and four of six. "Were not coming out with energy," Beal said. "I think sometimes we feel like were down 20 when its a tie game." NOTES: Warriors F Draymond Green sprained his left ankle and is day to day. ... There was a bizarre call in the first half when Wall crashed into Bogut in the lane. Bogut was initially whistled for a block, but officials conferred during a timeout and ruled that fouls were committed by both players -- leading to a jump ball at centre court. ... Jackson on whether hes developed any superstitions during the winning streak: "I dont believe in superstitions. I call it stupid-stition." Darren Woodson Womens Jersey . - The Pittsburgh Pirates plan on keeping promising left fielder Starling Marte playing alongside National League MVP Andrew McCutchen for years to come. DeMarcus Ware Jersey . The Mavericks avoided a season sweep by the Nuggets, who ran away with a win in Denver two weeks ago to hand Dallas its longest losing streak at three games. Dallas (42-28) got a boost in the playoff race when Miami rallied from seven down in the last 3 1/2 minutes to beat Memphis 91-86 Friday night. http://www.shoptheofficialcowboys.com/Elite-Deion-Sanders-Cowboys-Jersey/ . Jagr had a goal and two assists, Andy Greene scored 43 seconds into overtime and Marek Zidlicky had two goals as the Devils rallied past the Washington Capitals 5-4 Saturday night. Michael Gallup Jersey . Week 2s biggest games include Florida facing Miami and Notre Dame travelling to the Big House to conclude their rivalry against Michigan in primetime on TSN2 and TSN 1050. Jason Witten Cowboys Jersey .The Dallas Cowboys released Sam from the practice squad Tuesday, dropping the rush end as they prepare for several potential reinforcements to return to the defensive line.TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie, Pierre LeBrun and Darren Dreger gathered for the latest installment of Insider Trading and the topics discussed were the Edmonton Oilers search for a defenceman, the Toronto Maple Leafs listening to offers for Jake Gardiner, the leagues Europe plans, and Martin Brodeur and Cory Schneider in New Jersey. How aggressively are the Edmonton Oilers looking for a defenceman? Bob McKenzie: Let me say this - theres no panic button being pushed in Edmonton by general manager Craig MacTavish but I would also suggest that after three games and 15 goals against, MacTavish is more open to business than most GMs would be after the first week of the season. The defence has been very questionable and theyve had some questionable goaltending. Theyre not going to judge Devan Dubnyk on a couple of games where he wasnt nearly as good as he needs to be but there is concern in Edmonton that their overall play behind the blueline and in net isnt where it needs to be. Remember, MacTavish said when he took the job that he wanted to be bold. He hasnt had that opportunity to make that bold move, but I think hes still lying out there in the weeds trying to find something that would be considered bold and that would make a dramatic difference to the way this team plays behind the blue line. Are the Toronto Maple Leafs open for business on trading Jake Gardiner or are they just taking calls on him? Darren Dreger: A little of both. Theyre interested in offers but theyre certainly not shopping Gardiner. This discussion stems back to the Cody Franson stalemate. Im told about a month ago, four or five teams called asking about a defenceman. They were asking about Franson and then the conversation shifted to Gardiner. Dave Nonis told all those teams, “I am not trying to move a defenceman. If you have an interest in Franson or Gardiner, make an offer, but also know that its going to take an elite forward for me to even consider.” And so far, there have been no serious offers for Gardiner. Is the NHL going to back to Europe to start the season next year? Pierre LeBrun: That is the plan. The NHL and NHLPA will hold a meeting next week to talk about their European plan which includes the return of the Premiere games and also plans for the World Cup of Hockey which should return in the fall of 2015. The Premiere games havent been held since October of 2011 and the five years when it was held, it was always at the start of the season. You played a pre-season game and then a couple of regular season games.dddddddddddd The leading option right now, I believe, is to play late in October so its one month into the season. That would avoid teams playing there in the pre-season and right now theyre looking at either four teams or two teams going over there. What becomes of Peter Laviolette and how much heat is there now on Paul Holmgren? Dreger: For the moment, Laviolette and his family are trying to stay below the radar. Obviously, hes not happy with the way things ended with the Philadelphia Flyers so he may lay low. He wants to coach again in the NHL and given his resume, its believed that hell get another opportunity. If things dont materialize in the NHL, say, before Christmas, Im told Laviolette would consider going over to Europe and coaching there. Its not too far-fetched that he and his family would consider that. As for Holmgren, he was looking for Ron Hextall. Since Holmgren took over as GM of the Flyers he has been constantly trying to lure Hextall from the Los Angeles Kings. Theres no imminent danger for Holmgren and the belief is he will go out on his own terms and Hextall ultimately would be his successor. George McPhee has made a lot of good moves for the Washington Capitals but the Martin Erat trade is not looking particularly strong. McKenzie: This is a simmering story that could boil over in the not-too-distant future. The Capitals gave up a top prospect in Filip Forsberg at the trade deadline last year for Erat and Michael Latta. Latta was sent down at the beginning of the season and brought back up now. But Erat has been an afterthought for head coach Adam Oates. He cant get into the lineup in any appreciable way. Going into Tuesday, he was playing six to nine minutes in each game on a fourth line and playing behind guys like Marcus Johansson, Brooks Laich, and Jason Chimera. If they dont get this guy into the lineup soon, I would imagine its coming to a head. Could Brodeur-Schneider become a big and awkward story as the season goes along? LeBrun: Its a good thing for New Jersey Devils head coach Pete DeBoer. Yes, its a delicate situation; you have the all-time winningest goalie in Martin Brodeur being pushed by an up-and-coming star goalie in Cory Schneider. How do you handle it? First of all, the Devils have 22 sets of back-to-back games - that leads the entire NHL. Split those games and that takes care of that headache for at least a quarter of the year. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz