Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

12.08.2019 03:22
track and field athletics. Antworten

BRISBANE, Australia -- Germany sealed its place in the Fed Cup final by beating Australia after Angelique Kerber clinched the victory with a three-set win over Sam Stosur on Sunday. Bruce Smith Youth Jersey . Kerber overcame a slow start to win 4-6, 6-0, 6-4, giving Germany an unbeatable 3-0 lead and its first Fed Cup final berth since 1992, when it beat Spain for the title. Stosur opened the third set by double-faulting on break point, but broke back to level on the hard court at Pat Rafter Arena. In the third game, which went to eight deuces, Stosurs forehand that landed long gave Kerber the break and a 2-1 lead. Kerber was broken while serving for the match, but held serve two games later to close it out, clinching the semifinal with an ace. "Its a very special moment for me and the whole team," Kerber said. "It feels very great. I played a good match but it was a tough one because Sam was playing also very tough and I have never beaten her before (in two previous matches)." Germany will play either the Czech Republic or Italy in the final on Nov. 8-9. The Czechs led 2-0 after the first day. A later reverse singles match between Casey Dellacqua and Andrea Petkovic was not played. Dellacqua and Ashleigh Barty, who advanced to three Grand Slam doubles finals last year, beat Julia Goerges and Anna-Lena Groenefeld 6-2, 6-7 (5) and 10-2 in the deciding pro set to make the final scoreline 3-1. Stosur said she gave it her best shot against Kerber on Sunday. "I dont know if I can fight any harder than I did in that match," the former U.S. Open champion said. "In the second set I have to say I lost my way and that didnt help. I knew I had to regroup and start again. I had chances today to win it but thats what it comes down to playing a top player. Its not a lost opportunity, the only opportunity lost was not making the final and that was always going to be tough." On Saturday, Petkovic and Kerber had straight-set wins -- Petkovic opened with a 6-1, 7-6 (7) win over Stosur while Kerber defeated Dellacqua 6-1, 6-0. Two years ago, Australia upset Germany 3-2 in Stuttgart in a World Group encounter in which Stosur won both her singles matches. It was Australias first semifinal appearance since 1993. Australia has not won the Fed Cup since 1974 when seven-time Grand Slam singles champion Evonne Goolagong led Australia to victory. Tremaine Edmunds Bills Jersey . Reimer told TSNs Mark Masters on Tuesday that he doesnt know if he will be moved leading up to the March 5 trade deadline but added he wasnt interested in discussing it. "Who knows whats going to happen on the horizon here and right now I dont know if I want to talk about it too much. Tremaine Edmunds Womens Jersey .4 seconds left and dribbled up court, weaving through Pitts defence. http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Elite-Andre-Reed-Bills-Jersey/ . - Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson sat on the scorers table at Oracle Arena on Wednesday morning.Mo Farah says he feels bad for any Russian athletes who are clean of doping as the IOC considers their Rio Olympics fate. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will shortly decide on whether to enforce a total ban on Russias athletes at the forthcoming Games in Brazil.Russias track-and-field athletes have already been banned by the sports world governing body - the IAAF - a decision backed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). This sanction was originally imposed following a damning World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) report into widespread doping in Russian track and field athletics. I feel bad for the athletes who havent done anything or crossed the line but all I want to do is line up against fair athletes. Bruce Smith Womens Jersey. Mo Farah And with the Rio Olympics taking place in August, the IOC have the final word on whether Russias athletes will be able to compete in track and field.Speaking ahead of the Anniversary Games in London this weekend, double Olympic champion Farah said: We have tight rules and I hope we follow those rules and hope we do whats best for our sport.You dont want to see anything negative in our sport. The rest of us work so hard but if something happens, it takes away from us all.I feel bad for the athletes who havent done anything or crossed the line but all I want to do is line up against fair athletes. Also See: CAS rejects Russia appeal Russia decision in seven days Olympic terror plot foiled Schedule/Results ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz