Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

12.08.2019 03:33
inning Saturday gave the Angels a 3-2 win Antworten

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Matt Shoemaker is off to a successful start in the major leagues. Just ask a select group of baseballs best pitchers. The rookie right-hander won his fifth straight decision, C.J. Cron and Kole Calhoun homered in the fourth inning against Yu Darvish, and the Los Angeles Angels completed a three-game sweep of the Texas Rangers with a 5-2 victory on Sunday night. Darvish is the latest in a group of top-of-the-rotation pitchers that Shoemaker has opposed this season, including Cliff Lee, David Price, James Shields and Chris Sale. The 27-year-old Shoemaker is 3-0 in those starts with a 2.83 ERA. "Its definitely something Ill savour," he said. "As a pitcher, your focus is huge, so I think that can definitely help a little bit more. I mean, it doesnt really come into play for me -- but in the aftermath, its pretty cool. Those guys have done a lot for this game, and hopefully I can be in their shoes one day down the road." Cron went deep for the third straight game, helping the Angels pull within five games of AL West-leading Oakland. Calhoun was credited with the first run of the game on a replay reversal in the first inning that led to the ejection of Texas manager Ron Washington by plate umpire Bill Miller. Shoemaker (5-1) allowed a run and eight hits in 7 2-3 innings with six strikeouts and two walks. The only run against him came in the sixth, when his attempted pickoff throw to first hit Elvis Andrus and rolled away from Cron, allowing Leonys Martin to score. Joe Smith allowed Brad Snyders two-out homer in the ninth before Chris Gimenez grounded out to end the game. Snyder entered in the fourth after first baseman Donnie Murphy left because of soreness in his left knee. Darvish (7-4) allowed five runs and five hits through six innings, striking out nine and issuing four walks -- three of them to No. 7 hitter Hank Conger. This was the fourth time in 75 major league starts that Darvish allowed two homers in one inning -- and the third time against the Angels. He came in 7-1 with a 3.82 ERA in 11 starts against the Halos, including six straight victories. The injury-decimated Rangers remain a season-worst 11 1/2 games behind Oakland after losing for the fifth straight time and 10th time in their last 14. The play that resulted in Washingtons second ejection of the season began when Martin charged Albert Pujols hit-and-run single to centre field, and then missed the cutoff man as the ball sailed into foul territory between third base and home. Darvish alertly backed up the play and threw to Gimenez for the tag on Calhoun, who tried to score all the way from first. But Gimenez took the throw while standing in front of the dish, leaving Calhoun no clear path. And according to the new rules instituted this season by Major League Baseball to cut down on collisions, that was a violation. So when Angels manager Mike Scioscia came out to challenge Millers original ruling, the replay was checked and Calhoun was declared safe. Gimenez was charged with an error. "I saw Darvish up the line and I knew he had to make a tough play," Calhoun said. "To his credit, he put it right on the money and I didnt have anywhere to slide. I couldnt go inside or outside because there was no lane, which the catcher is supposed to give now due to this new rule. So I slid right into him. You hope you make that contact and put it in their hands and make them overturn it. And they made the right call." Washington, who lost Alex Rios and Michael Choice to ejections in Saturday nights extra-inning loss for arguing balls and strikes with umpire Vic Carapazza, came out of the dugout yelling at Miller -- who motioned to him that he wasnt allowed to argue a replay reversal. But the argument continued, and Washington was tossed. "What got me thrown out was the call that was made out of New York," Washington said. "Youre not supposed to come out and question that, but you cant stop instincts of the game from happening. And to me, that was an instinctive play. There were no intentions of blocking the plate. The ball took him there." NOTES: Shoemakers only loss came in relief against the New York Mets, when he gave up a home run to Anthony Recker in the 13th inning on April 12 at Angel Stadium. ... Darvish has allowed just three first-inning runs in his 14 starts this season. The other two also were by the Angels, on home runs by Aybar and Pujols on May 4 at the "Big A" in his 14-3 victory. ... INF Howie Kendrick, whose RBI double off Jason Frasor in the 10th inning Saturday gave the Angels a 3-2 win, got the day off. He is 0 for 19 against Darvish with seven strikeouts. ... Rangers closer Joakim Soria hasnt pitched since his last save on June 14. Theres nothing physically wrong with him. Its just that the Rangers have lost six of seven since then, and the lone victory was by a 14-8 score. Ray Nitschke Youth Jersey . Gordon reportedly failed another drug test and is facing a one-year ban. Gordon led the NFL in yards receiving last season despite being suspended two games for violating the leagues substance-abuse policy. Aaron Rodgers Packers Jersey . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. http://www.packersrookiestore.com/Packers-Paul-Hornung-Jersey/ . The Packers, Lions and Bears were a combined 35-15 and as long as Jay Cutler can say healthy, all three could make the playoffs in 2012. Aaron Rodgers Jersey . The Oilers will try to get back in the win column on Monday when they continue a four-game road trip with a battle against the Buffalo Sabres. Edmonton won its third straight game last Wednesday against visiting San Jose, beating the Sharks 3-0 as Scrivens stopped 59 shots to set an NHL record for saves in a regular-season shutout. Reggie White Youth Jersey .com) - Damian Lillard poured in 40 points on 11-of-21 shooting to go along with 11 assists, and the Portland Trail Blazers stunned the Oklahoma City Thunder, 115-111, in overtime on Tuesday.NEW YORK, N.Y. - Coach 1K. How grand.Mike Krzyzewski earned his 1,000th career win Sunday, making him the first NCAA Division I mens coach to reach the milestone, when No. 5 Duke surged past St. Johns in the second half for a 77-68 victory at Madison Square Garden.Tyus Jones scored 22 points and the Blue Devils (17-2) went on an 18-2 run down the stretch to put Coach K in four figures on his first try.Im not sure Ive ever been a part of a game like that. Thats kind of nuts, huh? Krzyzewski said. It just seemed like three different games.Jahlil Okafor had 17 points and 10 rebounds, combining with Jones and Quinn Cook (17 points) to fuel the decisive spurt after Duke trailed by 10 with 8:15 remaining.Thats when the Blue Devils finally began to look like a Krzyzewski-coached team, picking up their defence and hustling to loose balls as he urged them on from one knee in front of the bench. Duke outworked the Red Storm on the glass and held them without a field goal for 6 pivotal minutes.It just, boom! It was great, Krzyzewski said. It was beautiful, really, to see them fight today and win.When the final horn sounded, Blue Devils players engulfed Krzyzewski and he received a bear hug from assistant Jeff Capel. Photographers swarmed the coach on the court, and players were given T-shirts that read 1,000 Wins And Kounting.A public address announcement offered congratulations to Krzyzewski, and Duke fans at a packed Garden chanted his name and held aloft K signs.Im glad its over, Krzyzewski said in the postgame interview room with family nearby — including two of his three daughters and seven of his nine grandchildren.There will be others that win more, but it is kind of neat to be the first one to 1,000, he added. I am proud of that, too: Its not just the number of wins, but the quality of opponents weve had.SirDominic Pointer had 21 points and 10 rebounds for the feisty Red Storm (13-6), who were looking for a huge win to put on their NCAA tournament resume. They were in position to get it, but got worn down late by Duke and let this one slip away.I thought we just missed some easy looks, St. Johns coach Steve Lavin said. We came up short today, but I think you can also see the sneak preview of a team that could be very dangerous here if we continue to make progress.No. 1,000 came about 500 miles from the cramped and cozy confines of Cameron Indoor Stadium, but Coach K was hardly on unfamiliar soil.Madison Square Garden, after all, was where he notched victory No. 903 against Michigan State in November 2011, breaking the Division I record previously held by his college coach and mentor, Bob Knight.To win the 1,000th here, you need to be a lucky guy. I like my place, Cameron, but this is a magical place, Krzyzewskki said.ddddddddddddThe 67-year-old Krzyzewski improved to 1,000-308 in a 40-year coaching career that began in 1975 at his alma mater, Army. He is 927-249 in 35 seasons at Duke, guiding the Blue Devils to four NCAA titles and 11 trips to the Final Four.Its special. But its for all the players who have played for him who got these wins. Its not just us, Cook said. Thats why we wanted to come out and get it done.The lively crowd of 19,812, mixed with fans of both schools, included about 15-20 former Duke players as well as Carmelo Anthony and Phil Jackson from the New York Knicks; St. Johns greats Chris Mullin, Lou Carnesecca and Felipe Lopez; and Nike boss Phil Knight.Around 30 minutes before the opening tip, rising ticket prices ranged from $225 to $888 on stubhub.com — which also covered admission to the Iona-Niagara doubleheader finale at The Worlds Most Famous Arena.Midway through an entertaining first half, Krzyzewski was on his feet as St. Johns erased an 11-point deficit.Wearing a blue suit and white sneakers to support Coaches vs. Cancer, Krzyzewski stalked after the officials at the end of the half to argue that DAngelo Harrisons buzzer-beating 3-pointer came after the shot clock expired.Coach K didnt get the call, and the Red Storm went into the locker room leading 43-39.At halftime I sent a text out to destroy all the books on leadership, because it wasnt working, Krzyzewski joked.___TIP-INSDuke: The Blue Devils are 26-8 at Madison Square Garden under Krzyzewski, including 18 wins in their last 21 games. ... Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim is second on the Division I mens list with 962 wins. Ex-Tennessee coach Pat Summitt holds the womens Division I record with 1,098 victories. ... Dukes decisive 18-2 spurt began with consecutive three-point plays by Cook, Jones and Okafor, who hit a layup following three offensive rebounds by the Blue Devils on one possession. We were so gritty in the last 10 minutes, Krzyzewski said. It was tough to get involved with 1,000. I was just trying to survive this game, which is how you get to 1,000.St. Johns: Rysheed Jordan scored 18 points, and Phil Greene IV added 13. Harrison, the teams leading scorer at 19.5 points per game, was held to 12 on 5-of-14 shooting — his third straight subpar performance as he plays through a strained calf. ... The Red Storm won the previous meeting at Madison Square Garden, 93-78 over No. 3 Duke on Jan. 30, 2011.UP NEXTDuke: Two tough road tests in the ACC — at No. 8 Notre Dame on Wednesday night, followed by a trip to No. 2 Virginia on Saturday. Krzyzewski needs two ACC wins to pass old rival and North Carolina great Dean Smith for the most in league history.St. Johns: A visit to Big East foe Creighton on Wednesday night. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz