Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

26.08.2019 05:02
game and Damian Lillard was determined Antworten

NEW ORLEANS -- Portland was trailing by three points with under five minutes left in the game and Damian Lillard was determined to keep the Trail Blazers losing streak from reaching five games. Lillard nailed a 3-pointer from the corner to tie the game and give Portland the momentum it needed to snap its four-game skid with a 111-103 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Friday night. Lillard finished with 27 points, Nicolas Batum added 22 and Wesley Matthews had 20 for the Trail Blazers, who played without All-Star LaMarcus Aldridge. He was sitting out with a back contusion. Anthony Davis scored a career-high 36 points for New Orleans and Brian Roberts added 19. Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordon added 16 apiece after both missed one game because of illness. Portland was trailing 94-89 with 7:30 to go in the fourth quarter when Lillard scored the games next seven points, and his jumper with 4:15 gave the Trail Blazers the lead for good at 96-94. "Up to that point I hadnt been able to get it going the entire game," Lillard said. "... Coach Stotts just kept deciding to put me in ball screens and in situations where I could attack; especially late in the game. My shot started to fall. I was able to make some plays and get it going a little bit." Wrapping up a five-game road trip, Portland opened the game on a 10-2 run. From there it became a back-and-forth affair that featured 18 lead changes with no team ever having a double-digit advantage. Davis alley-oop dunk with under 3 seconds to go in the half gave the Pelicans a 55-53 lead at the break. "A much-needed win needless to say," Stotts said. "I was proud of the way we competed and kept focused. ... Everybody that was on the floor tonight really had an impact on the game." The game was tied 75-75 with 3:36 to go in the third quarter when the Pelicans went on a 6-0 run to grab an 81-75 lead. They stayed in front until midway through the final quarter, when Lillard scored 16 points to lead Portland to victory. Emotional throughout the game, particularly after his jumper gave Portland the lead for good in the fourth quarter, Lillard said the victory was crucial to his teams post-season hopes. "I mean we had lost four games in a row," he said. "Then we finally were able to close a team out in the fourth quarter and come away with the victory. It was a great feeling." New Orleans coach Monty Williams wasnt surprised by Lillards performance. "You know what hes capable of doing," he said. "Some of the stuff is un-guardable like the last 3-pointer he made. Our guys know that when hes going left late game, you know hes going to raise up. We just didnt execute that well. Weve played against him a number of times the past two years so youve got to know what to expect." Davis scored 30-plus points for the sixth time this season "I didnt care about that," he said. "I only care about winning. We lost, so all of that is up to you guys. We just didnt get the stops. I missed some shots. They (Portland) made some shots. We just have to defend. We cant let them score thirty-something points in one quarter. We especially need to defend." NOTES: Davis received the February Kia Community Assist Award in recognition of his community work around NBA All-Star 2014 festivities. ... Davis tied the New Orleans franchise record for most consecutive games with 28-plus points with his 36 Friday night against the Trail Blazers. DeAndre Yedlin Jersey . Cornet won six straight games to rally from a 2-0 deficit and take the first set. The 25th-ranked Frenchwoman broke back twice in the second set before Bacsinszky saved a match point at 5-4. Nick Rimando USA Jersey . -- Andy Dorman and Kelyn Rowe scored in the second half to lead the New England Revolution to a 2-1 victory over Sporting Kansas City in the first leg of their Eastern Conference semifinals series on Saturday night. http://www.soccerusateamonline.com/Paul-Arriola-America-Jersey/ . The Thunder earned the Game 1 win with a 100-86 victory Saturday night. Oklahoma City dominated the first half and led by 22 at the break, but saw its lead shrink to just two points in the fourth quarter. Matt Besler USA Jersey . -- Joe Thornton scored the tiebreaking goal with 5:39 left in regulation to help the San Jose Sharks overcome a two-goal deficit to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 5-3 on Thursday night. Aaron Long Jersey . Not bad for a defenceman. The goal, that is. Although the shuffling dance steps werent bad, either. Barrie scored 55 seconds into overtime, Semyon Varlamov stopped 29 shots, and the Avalanche moved a step closer to their first playoff berth in four years with a 3-2 win over the Vancouver Canucks on Thursday night.KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- The rain and the delays were all worth it for Ryan Moore, who seems to play his best golf this time of year. Moore won the CIMB Classic in a playoff with Gary Woodland on Monday, birdieing the first hole for his third PGA Tour victory. Thunderstorms, resulting in about 3 1/2 hours of delays, and fading light Sunday forced organizers to complete the tournament the next day. Moore scrambled just to make the playoff, hitting an awkward 60-yard wedge shot on the 18th hole Sunday that dropped within several feet of the hole and allowed him to salvage par. He and Woodland finished regulation at 14-under 274. In the playoff, Moore hit a strong approach with an 8-iron to the same green. The ball stopped about 5 feet from the cup, setting up his winning putt. "I had a great opportunity there on 18 with my third shot and it was just an absolute perfect number," he said. "It was coincidentally the exact shot I was working on on the range." It had been about a year since he won his second title, at the 2012 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas. "Ive always enjoyed playing in the fall. Im not sure why," he said. "Its actually kind of funny. I won a week before my son (Tucker) was born last year. I won a week after (his birthday) this year." Woodland, also trying to win his third PGA Tour title, had a chance to end things as dusk was descending in a steady rain Sunday evening. But he missed a 10-foot birdie putt on the 18th that would have given him the title. "I hit it where I wanted to," Woodland said. "It just broke more. I can see it now. It was a little lighter out right now. I can see it broke a little more, but it is what it is." He pulled his approach shot tto the 18th green wide Monday, leaving himself a difficult chip from the rough that he couldnt hole for birdie.dddddddddddd Still, its been a remarkable turnaround the past few months for the American. He has struggled with wrist injuries in recent years and his world ranking plunged to 268th this summer. Woodland began making changes to his game last January when he started working with new swing coach Butch Harmon. He later switched to Harmons son, Claude, hired a new short-game coach, Pat Goss, and then added a new psychology coach, Julie Elion. The results finally started to come in August: Woodland won his second PGA Tour title at the Reno-Tahoe Open and a couple of weeks later shared second place at The Barclays. Starting the new wraparound PGA Tour season this month, Woodland also added a new caddie, Tony Navarro, who previously worked with Greg Norman and Adam Scott. "I put a lot of hard work in," he said. "Its been a process with the changes Ive made, switching to Butch and his son, and its finally starting to come together, which is nice. I put a lot of work in on the short game, a lot of work on the middle game, and were starting to put it together now." Moore is also hoping to build on the victory at the $7 million Malaysian tournament, which became an official PGA Tour event this year, awarding FedEx Cup points and a spot in the Masters. Given how well he has played at this time of year, hes glad the new wraparound season is starting in October. "Now that it counts, now that its a full FedEx Cup event and counts as a win on the PGA Tour, it does so much for you," he said. "To get a win this early in the season, its just incredible, to be able to get some FedEx Cup points racked up." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz