Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

03.09.2019 04:16
from 3-point range as the Nets shot 16 of 23 from Antworten

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Brooklyn coach Lionel Hollins felt Joe Johnson had a size matchup he could exploit against Gerald Henderson.Johnson, nearly two inches taller and 30 pounds heavier than Henderson, took full advantage.The Nets went to the 13-year NBA veteran in the low post early and often, and Johnson responded with 14 of his 22 points in the first quarter as Brooklyn built a big lead and rolled to an easy 114-87 victory over the Charlotte Hornets on Saturday night.They didnt have a good matchup for Joe, Hollins said. ... They had to come help on him and Joe had it going early.Johnson was 9 of 16 from the field and 4 of 6 from 3-point range as the Nets shot 16 of 23 from beyond the arc as a team.I was trying to be more aggressive and make plays and I got into a little rhythm early, Johnson said. It just tried to ride that wave in the first quarter.The Nets would end up riding it all game, building their lead to 26 points at the end of the third quarter and as many as 34 in the fourth.Brooklyn moved the ball extremely well on offence, finishing with 29 assists while shooting a torrid 16 of 23 from 3-point range. The Nets had 25 assists the night before in an 88-70 win over Philadelphia.That shows that we moving the ball a little better from side-to-side, Hollins said.The Hornets 3-point defence has been sorely lacking of late, allowing opponents to make 62 of 132 attempts over the past six games.Coach Steve Clifford said his undersized team has focused on packing the lane in recent games to help with rebounding, which has contributed to their struggles defending the 3-point shot.It didnt help that the Hornets were coming off a double-overtime loss the night before in Memphis and didnt get back in to Charlotte until the early morning hours. Clifford said Al Jefferson, in particular, looked tired after playing 45 minutes on Friday night.Deron Williams had 18 points and 10 assists, and Mason Plumlee outplayed Jefferson and finished with 11 points and 13 rebounds for the Nets (10-12), who eclipsed 100 points for the first time in 11 games.Alan Anderson was 4 of 5 from 3-point range and scored 17 points. Anderson and Bojan Bogdanovic combined to shoot 8 of 10 off the bench from 3-point range.Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had 15 points to lead the Hornets (6-17), who shot 36 per cent from the field in their second straight loss.The game was never close.The Nets took control from the onset, jumping out to a 30-12 lead behind Johnson.The Nets often isolated the 6-foot-7, 240-pound Johnson on Henderson in the low post and played through him on nearly every offensive possession. Johnson was 6 of 9 from the field early, twice stepping out beyond the 3-point line to knock down open jumpers.___TIP-INSNets: Kevin Garnett got a night to rest on the second night of a back-to-back. Rookie Cory Jefferson started, as the Nets started their sixth different starting lineup in the last six games.Hornets: The Hornets were the latest team to wear I Cant Breathe shirts during warmups. Charlotte joins a growing list of teams who have shown support for the family of Eric Garner. He died in July when an arresting New York police officer placed him in a chokehold.GOOD FIRST STARTCory Jefferson filled in nicely for Garnett, scoring a career-high 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting.UP NEXTNets: Host Miami on Tuesday night.Hornets: At Cleveland on Monday night. Calvin Johnson Lions Jersey . Tennis Australia chief executive Craig Tiley told local media in comments published Wednesday that John Tomic would not be allowed into Melbourne Park in any official capacity or as a spectator. Kenny Golladay Womens Jersey . Espanyol midfielder Sanchez intercepted Bilbao goalkeeper Gorka Iraizozs clearance and, having spotted a gap, risked using his less-favoured left foot to fire a beautifully precise long-range shot that bounced in from high up the near post in the 24th minute. http://www.authenticnfllionslockroom.com/Youth-Barry-Sanders-Elite-Jersey/ . - Tom Brady was upset that his New England Patriots hardly looked like a division champion in the first half. Kenny Golladay Jersey . His stated reason for abruptly resigning as head coach of Canadas Olympic womens hockey team was he felt there were doubts about his ability to coach the team to Olympic gold in February. Jahlani Tavai Lions Jersey . I suppose Sternberg has earned the right to speak out since his Rays, despite one of the lowest payrolls in the Majors at $58 million, are entering the final weekend of the regular season holding down the first Wild Card spot in the American League, one game ahead of Cleveland and two up on Texas.INDIANAPOLIS - Before Fridays game against Orlando, Indiana coach Frank Vogel said David West had been eager to return to the court.Hes not a guy that likes to miss games. From the day he sprained his ankle hes been eager to get out there, Vogel said.The power forward missed the first 15 games of the season because of an ankle injury — one of several injured players that contributed to a 1-6 start for the Eastern Conference finalists from last season.West wasted little time making an impact in his first start of the season, scoring Indianas first four points — and picking up two quick fouls — in a 98-83 win over the Magic.Probably a little too anxious, a little too over-hyped, but I was able to settle down, sort of got my bearings under me and we were able to make enough plays as a group to really control this game, West said.West finished with 18 points. C.J. Watson also made his season debut, scoring nine points off the bench as the Pacers (7-9) start to get healthier.Indiana is still without George Hill and Roy Hibbert, and star forward Paul George, who will miss the season with a broken leg.But the returns of West and Watson will help Indianas depth.These last couple of weeks Ive just been trying to get myself back in shape going through practices limited, West said. Its good to be able to win this game here and keep moving from here. Weve just got to continue to grow. As we get more healthy and get more guys back in the rotation, we just keep improving and get better game-to-game.Wests return to the lineup overshadowed a season-high 24 points for Rodney Stuckey. The seventh-year guard, in his first season in Indiana, improved on a 22-point effort in Indianas previous game, a loss at San Antonio.It feels great when you have your whole team out there and youre competing with each other, going to battle with your teammates, Stuckey said. Im still getting my legs underneath me. The more I play the better condition Ill be in.When everyone went down there was a lot of uncertainty. Were happy where were at right now. We just got to get better and take it one day at a time.Solomon Hill had 11 points and Lavoy Allen added 10 points and 144 rebounds for the Pacers.ddddddddddddThese guys have done a great job attacking the glass, West said. Weve got one of the best rebounders in the NBA with Lavoy. Hes a legitimate threat on that glass. He keeps possessions alive and its just a part of what were going to do as the year wears on.The Magic, meanwhile, continue to struggle in Indianapolis, where theyve now lost four straight. Indiana improved to 30-17 all-time at home against Orlando (6-12).Nikola Vucevic led Orlando with 16 points. Tobias Harris and Victor Oladipo each scored 14 and Ben Gordon had 12 points for the Magic, who lost their fourth straight.Even with Wests return to the lineup, Indiana led just 47-45 at halftime despite 10 Orlando turnovers. Helping the Magics cause was a 15-0 scoring advantage from 3-point range in the first half. Orlando was 5 of 10 on 3-pointers in the first half while the Pacers were 0 for 7.West changed that with his first shot of the second half — a 3-pointer that gave Indiana a 52-45 lead.The Pacers finished just 4 of 16 from beyond the arc but didnt need the outside shot to fend off the Magic, who after cutting into a 15-point third-quarter Indiana lead could get no closer than eight points the rest of the way. Indiana outscored Orlando 48-28 in the paint and 18-2 on second-chance points.The Magic finished with just two offensive rebounds, the second-fewest in a game this season. Golden State had just one offensive rebound in a Nov. 11 loss to San Antonio.Sometimes rebounding is just me against you, Orlando coach Jacque Vaughn said. Our guys were warned before the game the effectiveness of not only the starters, but also the guys coming off the bench that would rebound the basketball too.___TIP-INSNOT FULL STRENGTH YET - While Indiana welcomed back David West and C.J. Watson, PG George Hill (knee) and C Roy Hibbert remained sidelined by injury. Pacers coach Frank Vogel said Hibbert might be able to play Saturday at Cleveland, while Hill wont be back until mid-December at the earliest because of a tear in his quadriceps.UP NEXTIndiana opens a four-game road trip Saturday at Cleveland.Orlando travels to Phoenix on Sunday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz