Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

10.09.2019 02:48
to play this week. Antworten

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo. Following Staffords rookie season in 2007, the Sabres lost co-captains Chris Drury and Danny Briere to free agency. Last year, long-time coach Lindy Ruff was fired. What occurred during a 24-hour stretch this weekend has become the topper, leaving Stafford shaking his head in disbelief after returning to practice Sunday. "I thought I had seen it all," Stafford said. "But, I guess, theres always room for more surprises. And this ones definitely a shocker." On Friday, Stafford had difficulty keeping his emotions in check after star goalie Ryan Miller was traded to St. Louis. A day later, he was blindsided upon learning of Pat LaFontaines abrupt resignation as president of hockey operations. "Its tough," Stafford said. "Its another challenge, a little more adversity that youve got to put on top of the pile." As if the Sabres (18-34-8) needed any more distractions during a season in which upheaval and dysfunction have been common threads for the NHLs last-place team. At 2-13-1, Buffalo got off to its worst start in team history. Leading scorer Thomas Vanek was traded to the Islanders in October. The Sabres opened 0-8-1 at home, before enjoying their first win on Nov. 12. Three days later, general manager Darcy Regier and coach Ron Rolston were fired. Now this. Miller getting dealt along with captain Steve Ott, were widely anticipated moves because both were in the final years of their contracts. LaFontaines departure was a surprise, coming a little more than three months after his arrival was hailed as a positive turning point for a struggling team. "Its a lot for our fans to swallow in a short amount of time," Sabres president Ted Black said. "It creates uncertainty. And its something that fans are going to be upset by." Black failed to divulge any further details regarding the resignation except to reiterate LaFontaine wanted to resume his previous role working with the National Hockey League. Black called the resignation a disappointment, but denied speculation that there had been any discord between LaFontaine and front-office staff or owner Terry Pegula. LaFontaine has not returned messages, and on Sunday, his cell-phone mailbox was full. Whats clear is that his departure marks the latest setback for a franchise that has had difficulty establishing a winning course in the three years since Pegula bought the team and vowed to build an immediate contender. The Sabres are in jeopardy of missing the playoffs for a third straight season, and in the midst of a rebuilding plan that began with the purge of numerous high-priced veterans last year. Black said the objective has not changed, and the teams transformation will continue under general manager Tim Murray. "Pat was here for three months. It is one person," Black said. "I dont know if that impacts the greater mission or will deter us." Murray was hired by LaFontaine in January, and now assumes much of his former bosss responsibilities. It was Murray, who negotiated the Miller trade. And he is also fielding offers to make further deals before the leagues trade deadline on Wednesday. Next on Murrays priority list is negotiating a contract extension with interim coach Ted Nolan, who was brought in by LaFontaine for a second stint in Buffalo. "We want Teddy to be our coach going forward," Murray said. "If he wants to be here, I want him to be our coach." The question is whether Nolan wants to stay, something he left open following practice Sunday. "Right now, its not about my contract. Its about the situation thats happening," Nolan said. "Its about whats transpired in this organization, what happened to a very dear friend. And well leave it at that." So much for the momentum the Sabres were supposed to be enjoying with their first three-game winning streak in preparing to play Dallas on Monday. "We traded our franchise player, we traded our captain. Thats tough enough as it is. And then all of a sudden the situation with Patty," Nolan said. "Right now, I have to put my personal situation behind right now and really concentrate on those 22 guys here." Informed of Nolans comments, Murray said, "Im not going to beg anybody to come work here." Murray said its his objective to continue rebuilding the Sabres, which is what he was hired to do with or without LaFontaine. "I cant make choices for him. He makes his own choices," Murray said. "Im not one to dwell on what-ifs and sentiment and all that. But Ill forever be grateful that he hired me." Carlos Lee Astros Jersey . -- Atlanta Braves pitcher Tommy Hanson is being checked for a possible concussion after blowing a tire on his way to the first workout of spring training. Houston Astros Jerseys .Patterson marked his anniversary by proving his worth — once again.Lou Williams poured in 26 points, and Patterson drained two huge three-pointers late in the fourth quarter, as the Raptors topped the Denver Nuggets 112-107 in overtime Monday. http://www.baseballastrosproshop.com/jim...stros-jersey/.Y. - Referee Ed Hochuli referred to replay official Tom Sifferman by his nickname Jungle Boy, which was heard on the in-stadium microphone during the Arizona Cardinals-Carolina Panthers NFC wild-card game Saturday. Hector Rondon Jersey . - Kevin Labanc and Joseph Blandisi were a potent combination for the Barrie Colts on Friday night. Jose Altuve Jersey . The last team in the NBA that will have any sympathy for the Thunder is the Minnesota Timberwolves, who are showing signs of putting everything together after two years of devastating injuries.ROME -- Roger Federers focus appeared to drift away from the Foro Italico. And that was understandable. After all, the 17-time Grand Slam winner was playing for the first time since the birth of his second set of twins last week. Federer let a lead to slip away and was beaten 1-6, 6-3, 7-6 (6) Wednesday in the second round of the Italian Open by 47th-ranked Jeremy Chardy of France. When Federers boys, Leo and Lenny, were born, the fourth-ranked Swiss player withdrew from last weeks Madrid Open. He only decided to come to Rome a few days ago. "This one is totally OK if it doesnt hurt," Federer said. "I tried everything. I cant do more than that on the court." Federer had a match point in the tiebreaker but Chardy saved it with an improbable cross-court forehand on the run when it looked like Federer was about to close the match out. "That passing shot is a tough one for me to take, because hes not going to make that very often," Federer said. "But it happens and credit to him to fight his way back into the match and get it." Later, top-ranked Rafael Nadal also faced stiff resistance from his French opponent before ultimately wearing down 30th-ranked Gilles Simon for a 7-6 (1), 6-7 (4), 6-2 win that lasted 3 hours, 18 minutes -- opening his bid for an eighth Rome title. Nadal hit 32 winners but just three with his backhand, which has become a point of concern recently. Also, Wimbledon champion Andy Murray eliminated Marcel Granollers of Spain 6-2, 7-5. Womens title-holder Serena Williams showed no problems -- and no taping -- from a left thigh injury that forced her to withdraw from Madrid. The top-ranked American beat 28th-ranked Andrea Petkovic 6-2, 6-2. "Im not 100 per cent but Im getting there," Williams said, adding that the conditions at the U.S. Open prepared her for the heavy wind gusts at the Foro Italico. "If I can play in New York, I can play anywhere." Maria Sharapova, the 2011 and 2012 Rome champion, had to rally in the second set to get by Puerto Rican qualifier Monica Puig 6-3, 7-5. After cruising through the first set, Federer began to commit unforced errors at an alaarming rate and Chardy quickly took advantage.dddddddddddd "I wasnt able to stretch the lead when I had it," Federer said. Federer committed 43 unforced errors -- 20 in the second set alone -- to Chardys 28. Federer also struggled to dictate play with his first serve. "But at the end, it was shot here or there that decided the match," Federer said. Chardy hadnt beaten a top-10 player since defeating Juan Martin del Potro in the third round of last years Australian Open. Federer and wife Mirka also have twin girls, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva, who turn 5 in July. But even with all the family distractions, Federer didnt appear worried about his preparations for the French Open, which starts in 11 days. "Everything is under control," Federer said, recalling that he reached the final of the Monte Carlos Masters last month. "I still feel good, my body is good, my mind is good and its just unfortunate for one passing shot today I dont get another opportunity to play this week." Also advancing was 11th-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who edged Kevin Anderson of South Africa 7-6 (14), 7-6 (5); and 12th-seeded Grigor Dimitrov, who eliminated Ivo Karlovic of Croatia 7-6 (3), 6-4; and 15th-seeded Tommy Haas, who defeated Igor Sijsling of the Netherlands, 7-6 (6), 6-1. In womens play, third-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska beat Paula Ormaechea of Argentina 6-3, 6-2 and will next face 2010 French Open winner Francesca Schiavone, who rallied past Garbine Muguruza 3-6, 6-1, 7-6 (5). Fourth-seeded Simona Halep rallied past American opponent Madison Keys 5-7, 6-0, 6-1 then withdrew from the tournament due to abdominal muscle injury. Tenth-seeded Sara Errani swept aside Ekaterina Makarova 6-2, 6-3; and 13th-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro beat 1999 champion Venus Williams 6-4, 6-2. Suarez Navarro then advanced to the quarterfinals upon Haleps withdrawal. Also, Varvara Lepchenko upset 16th-seeded Sloane Stephens 6-2, 6-2 in an all-American match; American qualifier Christina McHale rallied to beat Italian wild card Camila Giorgi 1-6, 6-3, 6-1; and Australian veteran Sam Stosur defeated Elena Vesnina of Russia 6-2, 6-3. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz