Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

10.09.2019 03:17
r with the biggest cause for fatigue turned out Antworten

HARRISON, N.J. -- With replacement referees handling the games, there was bound to be some controversy in Major League Soccer this season. It happened in Week 2. Vicente Sanchez scored on a penalty kick in the 72rd minute after a questionable decision by the substitute referee and the Colorado Rapids and new coach Pablo Mastroeni opened their season with a 1-1 tie with the New York Red Bulls on Saturday. Substitute referee Alan Kelly awarded the penalty kick after defender Jamison Olave used his chest to knock a much smaller Marvin Chavez to the grass as he took a pass from Sanchez. "If its against you its a tough call," Mastroeni said. "If its for you, you are OK with it. I think referees are out of our control." The substitute referees are working the games because the Professional Referee Organization, which manages on-field officials for Major League Soccer, has locked out officials from the Professional Soccer Referees Association. The two sides have failed to reach agreement on a contract after the officials formed a union last year. Kelly told a pool reporter that Olave challenged Chavez from behind and initiated the contact, a decision that brought boos from the crowd of 20,542 at Red Bull Arena who earlier had thought that Thierry Henrys 57th-minute goal would be the winner. "I dont mean to be blunt, but in terms of the questions thats the straight forward answers I can give," Kelly said. Red Bulls coach Mike Petke didnt like the decision but he wasnt going to draw a fine from the league by criticizing it. "Listen, its the game," Petke said. "I mean what am I going to say about the penalty kick? Perhaps if the guy was Olaves size he would not have gone down like that. I dont know? Olave looked to step up and stand his ground and keep him in front of him and got him. The referee made a decision. Its unfortunate for us, fortunate for Colorado. You get away from it, move on from it." The 6-foot-3 and 210-pound Olave, who seemed shocked by the call, left the locker room and was not available for comment. Sanchez deposited the kick from the spot into the right corner of the net. Red Bulls keeper Luis Robles did not have a chance to stop it. "I spoke to the ref afterward and he said, He was too physical coming from behind him," Robles said. "I have to respect that." The Red Bulls, the defending Supporters Shield trophy winners, were trying to bounce back from a dismal season-opening performance in 4-1 loss at Vancouver last weekend. Henry, who did not play in the season opener because it was on an artificial surface, headed a brilliant crossing pass by Lloyd Sam under rookie goalkeeper John Berner. It was his 42nd goal for the Red Bulls, second on the career list behind Juan Pablo Angel (58). "There is no panic," Henry said about the slow start. "We have to go back to the film this week and do better because it obviously was not enough to win the game today." He had no comment on the referees decision. New York had two chances to win in the five minutes of injury time. Eric Alexander was wide with a shot in the box and Berner, who played last season at Southern Illinois-Edwardsville, made a diving save on another header by Henry. "To say I wasnt on the edge of my seat of out, if not out of it, would be an understatement," said Mastroeni, who played 11-plus seasons with the Rapids and returned after last season with several club records, including most games played. "Thats the beauty of the game. It can all come down to the last minute, the last second, thats why its exciting." Robles had kept the Red Bulls in the game in the first half, making five saves, including a finger-tip stop on a 35-yard shot by Nick LaBrocca that caught the goalkeeper a little too far off his line. Mastroeni was named the Rapids head coach last week, replacing Oscar Pareja, who left in January to take the same job with his former club, FC Dallas. Mastroeni was in charge of the squad through the preseason. Walter Brown Jersey . The Red Sox maintained a share of the AL wild-card lead Tuesday night, using four home runs to beat the Baltimore Orioles 8-7 and set up a dramatic conclusion to the regular season. The skidding Red Sox were 6-19 this month before rebounding to edge the last-place Orioles. Dennis Johnson Celtics Jersey . Its a blessing and a burden for nine sons of former NHL players who are all expected to be taken in the first four rounds of the draft this weekend. http://www.authenticcelticsproshop.com/Danny-Ainge-Jersey/ .C. - Canadian ice dancing, it seems, is in good hands. Larry Bird Celtics Jersey . Not sure yet. #livetweetingthegreatuntangle — Strombone (@strombone1) April 17, 2014 Stage three, coping: I feel like I could use a cigarette or something. Robert Williams Jersey . Notes on P.K. Subban, Dale Weise, Erik Haula, Mikael Granlund, Ilya Bryzgalov and more. SAN ANTONIO -- SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Just a week into a new season, the San Antonio Spurs were already drained mentally and physically by the second game of back-to-back. San Antonio was lethargic defensively and lacklustre offensively against the young and energetic Phoenix Suns. The player with the biggest cause for fatigue turned out to be the one who bolted to the rescue. Tony Parker scored 15 of San Antonios final 16 points and the Spurs withstood a hectic finish to beat the Phoenix Suns 99-96 on Wednesday night. Parker scored 20 overall, going 8 for 11 in the second half, and finished with six assists for San Antonio (4-1). "Tony is someone we depend on," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He plays a lot of minutes. We expect him to be able to give us that offence, distribute the ball and play good D night after night after night. Hes been doing it for a long time now." Parker did the same for France, spending the NBA off-season leading the countrys national team to its first Euroleague Championship. Despite having little time to recuperate after leading San Antonio to the brink of its fifth championship, the 31-year-old point guard still carried the Spurs to victory after propelling them to a 115-105 winand area poiny am rebiundes. Tuesday night in Denver. "Incredible," San Antuns members Manu Ginobili said. "We were struggling to score. We looked a little slow and tired and he must made every shot. He did an unbelievable job down the stretch." Danny Green added 19 points, Tim Duncan had 17 points and Boris Diaw 11 points for San Antonio. Markieff Morris tied a career high with 23 points and also had 11 rebounds for Phoenix (3-2). Morris twin brother, Marcus, added 11 points and Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee each had 15 points. Plumlees reverse layup gave Phoenix a 96-95 lead with 1 minute remaining. The Suns had an opportunity to extend the lead following a miss by Duncan, but Ginobili drew a charge on Gerald Green. "(The Spurs) know each other," Phoenix first-year coach Jeff Hornacek said. "They have been in these situations in the NBA finals. They know how to handle it. They know how to be tough and aggressive. When they make cuts, they make cuts. When they are doing that, you cannot float through things." Parker, who had a game-high 24 points against the Nuggets, followed with a short jumper to give San Antonio the lead for good with 31.9 seconds left. "It was just one of those games," Parker said. "It wass weird.dddddddddddd In the first half coach Pop was trying to rest everybody; back-to-back, and so we just got a weird rhythm. In the fourth quarter, we finally got it." Gerald Green missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer that would have tied the game. Both teams went on runs during the first half, San Antonio and Phoenix exchanged leads seven times in the second half. San Antonios big men were overwhelmed by the athleticism of the Morris twins, especially Markieff, who set up a series of dunks and drives to the basket with his outside jumper. Morris was 11 for 13 from the field. "They created a lot of matchup problems," Parker said. "Both of the brothers (Marcus and Markieff Morris), theyre tough to guard and Bledsoe in the pick-and-roll, same thing - hes super fast. Hes like a pit bull. Theyre pretty good. A lot people, they really dont believe in Phoenix. I think theyre a pretty good team." Ginobili, who entered the game averaging 12.3 points, gave San Antonio a burst of energy upon entering as the games first sub. He had five points and two assists in 3 minutes, making his first 3-point attempt to put San Antonio up 23-14 with 3 minutes left in the first quarter. Ginobilli finished with nine points. "They had a good game," Ginobili said. "The back-to-back, we knew we werent going to be that sharp or energetic, but they made a lot shots. (Markieff) Morris was incredible that first half. At one point, we were up 10 and it looked like we were going to break the game, but we stopped moving the ball and they started making shots and the game changed once you give a young team confidence." NOTES: Markieff Morris matched the career high he set against New Orleans on Nov. 23, 2012. . Diaw started for Tiago Splitter, who started San Antonios first four games. ... With Popovich inches away screaming for a call, John Goble calmly took a step back after blowing his whistle, motioned for the Spurs coach to settle down and then called travelling on P.J. Tucker. ... The Spurs returned 12 players, the second most in franchise history only to last seasons 13. ... San Antonio, Miami and Denver are the only teams without a rookie on their roster. ... Spurs F Matt Bonner was a scratch after tweaking his ankle during the second half of San Antonios 102-94 victory at Denver. He is day to day. .. Duncan was assessed his first technical of the season after apparently complaining to Danny Crawford away from the ball on a 3-pointer by Parker with 4 minutes left in the game. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz