Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

11.09.2019 02:50
Id be promising something Antworten

NASHVILLE -- Predators captain Shea Weber says he feels lucky to be skating again a week after taking a puck to the face that left him unable to see much at all until the next morning. "Definitely very thankful and lucky that it wasnt worse," Weber said. "It could have been a lot worse and got a second chance here, and obviously hopefully it doesnt happen again." Weber took a puck off his face near his right eye Nov. 28 in a 3-0 loss to the Edmonton Oilers, dropped to the ice and then skated off straight to the locker room. He practiced Friday for the first time and also wore a visor to protect his eyes after an injury that had him worried because of the blood affecting his vision. "You cant see anything out of it and you wonder if its long term," Weber said. "I mean youre uncertain, so you just have to wait and listen to what the doctor says and the guys that ... have dealt with these things before you make any assessment. I mean its tough, but you dont want to jump to any conclusion." As a veteran, Weber has been among those players allowed to play without a visor. He has finished second twice in voting for the Norris Trophy given out to the NHLs best defenceman, and he won a gold medal with Canada in the 2010 Olympics. But he said he spent the first four or five days not allowed to leave the couch to allow his eye time to heal. He was able to see more the next day after the injury with his vision returning gradually. Now Weber is getting used to wearing a visor that he previously had worn only in tournaments like the Olympics. "Well see how it goes," Weber said about the visor. "I mean for right now definitely dont want to take any second chances and dont want to get hit again. So, hopefully I can just get used to it and its not going to be an issue and I can wear it going forward." The Predators made a serious investment in the defenceman they drafted 49th overall in 2003 in July 2012 when they matched a 14-year, $110 million offer sheet by Philadelphia. The 6-foot-4, 234-pound defenceman also is a two-time All Star. Nashville coach Barry Trotz predicted that wearing visors probably will be mandatory in the NHL in a couple years anywhere and pointed out Weber will need it in the 2014 Olympics, too. Trotz said he thinks Weber realizes hes gotten a second chance after an injury that could have been disastrous. "He was able to avoid that, and obviously with that hes taken the right precautions by putting on the shield and having a very productive career and livelihood for a long, long time," Trotz said. "Thats our goal with him and for him, and thats what he wants." Weber accompanied the Predators on their trip, and Trotz said the defenceman may play Saturday night against the Washington Capitals. The Predators certainly need their captain back. Goalie Pekka Rinne has been out since needing arthroscopic surgery Oct. 24 to clean out a bacterial infection in his Oct. 24, and the Predators hope to pick up his activity from his rehab Dec. 20. But no date has been set for his return. Weber defenceman has missed three games and was their leading goal scorer when he was hurt. With seven goals, hes tied with Erik Karlsson of Ottawa, Torey Krug of Boston and Michael Stone of Phoenix for most by defencemen. Nashville has lost three straight without him, and is 7-0 when Weber scores this season. "Obviously, a tough stretch here and not playing the way we should be," Weber said. John Hannah Jersey . This is Lowry’s third time winning the award in his career. He won the award last season and as a member of the Houston Rockets in 2011. John Hannah Youth Jersey . Los Angeles announced its new deal for Kupchak late in the fourth quarter of a 145-130 loss to the Houston Rockets. Kupchak had one year left on his current contract. http://www.shoptheofficialpatriots.com/E...atriots-Jersey/. But Josh Bailey scored the shootout winner to lead the Islanders to a 3-2 win over the Montreal Canadiens in a battle of the Eastern Conferences two worst teams. Stephon Gilmore Jersey . On a hot, sweaty day, the Hall of Famer looked cool and comfortable. Andre Tippett Patriots Jersey . - Aaron Rodgers makes tough throws that can leave fans of the Green Bay Packers speechless. CHICAGO -- Paul Konerko, the veteran slugger and team captain who didnt want his career to end on such a sour note, is returning to the Chicago White Sox for another season. The team announced Wednesday that the six-time American League All-Star agreed to a one-year, $2.5 million contract, opting to come back rather than retire or sign elsewhere. The 37-year-old Konerko will receive $1.5 million in 2014 and $1 million in 2021 under the deal. He will also be paid $1 million annually from 2014 to 2020 under the contract he signed in December 2010. The White Sox won just 63 games last season after finishing second in the AL Central the previous year, and Konerko struggled in a big way. He dealt with a back issue and batted .244 with just 12 homers and 54 RBIs. Even so, the White Sox had said they would have a spot for Konerko if he wanted to return, and hes coming back in a more limited role. "I was really planning on last year being it for me -- having a good year, solid year, team doing at least good if not better and then saying, OK, thats it," Konerko said. "Everything went to shambles. Every single direction you could equate something last year, it was a disaster. To have the opportunity to come back in a lesser role, Im kind of a good employee to have because I have no future, no agenda." The White Sox arent necessarily counting on him to regain the form that made that made him one of the most successful sluggers in franchise history. They see him as a clubhouse leader and a mentor for newcomer Jose Abreu, the Cuban slugger they signed in October. Konerko, who in 15 seasons with the White Sox ranks second on the franchise list to Frank Thomas in homers and RBIs, will back up Abreu at first base and see time at designated hitter along with Adam Dunn. "Even though its somewhat of a reduced role, he can be just as productive throughout our clubhouse not playing as much because he can use a little bit more energy in (serving as a mentor)," manager Robin Ventura said. "Thats something that seems to excite him right now, to be able to be that guy." Konerko said he had started to come to terms last season with the fact that he would be in a reduced role if he played another year. That thoought was reinforced through discussions with other teams and he figured the White Sox were probably thinking the same way.dddddddddddd They let him know in November that he would be in more of a backup -- and mentorship -- role if he came back. General manager Rick Hahn said they didnt spend much time discussing money when they met last month. Talks heated up over the past week or so, and Konerko informed the White Sox on Tuesday that he would return. "A large part of the role and what we spent a lot of time talking to Paulie about is just his presence in the clubhouse, and being able to continue to mentor some of our young players as we transition this roster over the next several months," Hahn said. Konerko said he talked to former teammate Jim Thome about playing in a reduced role. He also discussed the situation with Dunn, who could wind up with fewer at-bats particularly against left-handers. "I had to really step back and analyze where Im at as a player and all that," Konerko said. "Part of that is to look in the mirror and say, You know what? To go out and play 130 to 150 games, I couldnt sign up for something like that because I think if I did, Id be promising something I dont know if I could deliver on." A .281 hitter over 17 major league seasons, Konerko was acquired from Cincinnati in November 1998. He has hit all but seven of his 434 homers with the White Sox, and he helped them win the World Series championship in 2005 -- the franchises first since 1917. One of the enduring images of that run is Konerko handing the ball from the final out to team Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf at the parade. "Paul Konerko has been the constant face of the White Sox organization and the heart of our clubhouse over the past 15 seasons," Reinsdorf said in a statement. "He certainly earned the right to make this decision on his own, and we are very pleased that he has decided to return for another season. While the accomplishments speak for themselves -- six All-Star Games, a World Series title, 427 home runs with the White Sox -- anyone who is in our clubhouse day-in and day-out knows the value Paul brings to our franchise as a leader, as a teammate, as a mentor and as our captain." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz