Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

12.09.2019 02:53
KANS nt Monday night, two days after he made Antworten

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- Sporting Kansas City goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen announced his retirement Monday night, two days after he made a pair of dramatic saves in a penalty kick shootout against Real Salt Lake to secure his club its first MLS Cup in more than a decade. Nielsen made the announcement during a title celebration at Union Station. "I want to thank the ownership group, my teammates, my coaches and the entire organization for the opportunity to have four of the best years of my life, not only mine but my family as well, here in Kansas City," Nielsen said. "I will remember these years forever." Nielsen kept Sporting KC tied with Real Salt Lake through regulation and overtime Saturday night before making two saves in the penalty kick shootout. Sporting KC eventually prevailed 7-6 in frigid weather to win its first league championship since the 2000 season. Nielsen was so overcome with emotion following the game that he retreated from the clubs locker room to a back room, away from reporters and TV cameras. "To the best soccer fans: Since Day 1 they have always been behind me and I want to thank them for all the support," Nielsen said. "It was the perfect timing, finishing with a great championship that the entire city deserves." Nielsen began his career in England and played the majority of it in his native Denmark, but said he was at a crossroads in his career when Sporting KC sought him out several years ago. He wound up agreeing to a contract with the MLS club, even though he barely knew where Kansas was on a map, and instantly became a hit with fans. Nielsen played every minute of Sporting KCs last 100 matches, made two All-Star game appearances and was voted the leagues top goalkeeper a year ago. It wasnt just his play that endeared Nielsen to fans, though. It was his personality. He became known for stopping his car at local parks when hed be driving by and joining in games with random children. Often, Nielsen would pull kids out of the crowd and have them kick balls at him as part of his pre-game warm-up. The recent release of his autobiography, "Welcome to the Blue Heaven: Dont Bet Against the Goalkeeper," chronicled the way he overcame an addiction to gambling. All of it resonated with Sporting KC fans who nicknamed Nielsen the "White Puma," and who would often show up at games with their own version of his bleach-blonde hair. "What an incredible way to end a career," Sporting Club chief executive Rob Heineman said in a statement. "Jimmy Nielsen is so important to this organization on and off the field, and we look forward to the next phase of our relationship." He retires with club records for regular-season games played (128), games started (128), minutes played (11,497), wins (57), ties (32), winning percentage (.575) and shutouts (45). Nielsens career goals-against average of 0.99 is the best in MLS history among goalkeepers with a minimum of 1,000 regular-season minutes played. "He has been instrumental to the success of this organization over the last four years," Sporting KC manager Peter Vermes said. "And as much as Im sad to see him go, I am delighted that he leaves the game as a champion based on the fact that he is a true winner." Emerson Chelsea Jersey . When the next inning rolled around Wednesday, though, Nationals manager Matt Williams sent Strasburg to the mound to face the top of the Dodgers order in what would become a 3-2 victory for Washington, the first time this season the No. Victor Moses Chelsea Jersey . After not scoring 40 points in the opening quarter in the last five seasons, the Rockets have done it five times this season and twice in the last three games. http://www.chelseafcproshop.com/Kids-Pedro-Jersey/ . 3 seed Phillip Kohlschreiber from Germany. Defending champion Marin Cilic also reached the semifinals -- his fourth in Zagreb -- defeating fellow Croat Ivan Dodig. German qualifier Bjorn Phau beat Dudi Sela of Israel to reach his first semifinals in nearly five years. Willy Caballero Chelsea Jersey . The right-hander said he threw about 30 pitches in a routine bullpen session Sunday at Yankee Stadium, his final hurdle before starting Tuesday night at Tampa Bay. David Luiz Chelsea Jersey . Altidore strained his left hamstring in the Americans opener against Ghana on June 16 and didnt play in their next two games. "We dont know how much because we need to see how hes going, but hes available," U.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Less than two months into his career, Jose Abreu is already the guy the Chicago White Sox want at the plate when the game is on the line. Abreu hit a three-run homer in the eighth inning, and the White Sox snapped a four-game losing streak with a 4-2 victory over the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday. "We realize what he is and how important he is to us," manager Robin Ventura said. "When you get in situations like that youre pretty glad hes up there. Thats what he means to us. You always feel like youre in a good spot if hes up there with guys on." Gordon Beckham homered on the first pitch of the game for the White Sox, who rallied against Oaklands bullpen to end a seven-game losing streak at the Coliseum. John Jaso and Josh Donaldson hit solo homers off Andre Rienzo for the Athletics, who were in line for a season-best seventh straight victory before the bullpen meltdown in the eighth cost Tommy Milone a chance at a win. Beckham and Conor Gillaspie started the rally with one-out singles against Fernando Abad (0-1), and Abreu greeted Luke Gregerson with a no-doubt drive to left field for his 15th home run of the season. "He has ridiculous power," Gillaspie said. "When he gets the ball up in the air like that its going to be tough for it not to leave. Hats off to him. The guy made a mistake and he took advantage of it." Abreu, a rookie slugger from Cuba, is the fourth player in major league history to hit 15 homers in his first 42 games, joining Wally Berger, Kevin Maas and Wally Joyner. "I got the opportunity to hit a good pitch," Abreu said through an interpreter. "All I was doing was trying to hit a ball in the air to bring the guy from third base. But I was able to get a good swing and a good pitch to hit." Gregerson was trying to make Abreu chase a pitch out of the strike zone but caught too much of the plate instead. "You try to make him fish, which he definitely dooes," Gregerson said.dddddddddddd "I dont think it was really a bad pitch. It was just something he was ready for. He was looking for it. Weve been doing it to him the whole series, pound him in. It just stayed up a little too much. Any other day it could be a ground out to third base, we get a double play." Ronald Belisario (2-3) got four outs for the win and Matt Lindstrom pitched the ninth for his sixth save in nine chances. Milone was in danger of losing his spot in the rotation before pitching eight scoreless innings against Washington last Friday. He followed that up with another strong performance, allowing one run and five hits in six innings. But he ended up with a no-decision because of Chicagos late rally. The bullpen has been the one spotty area so far for the As, with eight of the teams 16 losses being credited to the relievers. The teams traded leadoff home runs, with Beckham going deep for his second career leadoff homer and Jaso answering with a drive on a 2-0 pitch from Rienzo for his third. Oakland went ahead when Donaldson led off the fourth with his ninth homer, a day after get his first day off of the season. But those were the only hits the As could manage in 6 1-3 innings against Rienzo. Milone got some help from his defence in the fifth. A perfectly executed relay from Yoenis Cespedes to Eric Sogard to Derek Norris caught Beckham trying to score from first on Gillaspies two-out double off the left-field wall. NOTES: The last time both teams led off the game with homers was Aug. 13, 2013, when Seattles Brad Miller and Tampa Bays Ben Zobrist did it. ... Beckham became the first White Sox player to homer on the first pitch since Ray Durham did it twice in 2000. ... Oakland OF Coco Crisp missed his seventh straight game with a strained neck but could return Friday. ... Both teams are off Thursday. Chicago starts a three-game series in Houston on Friday, while the As open a nine-game road trip in Cleveland. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz