Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

16.09.2019 08:30
Quintanilla have agreed to minor league contracts with Antworten

NEW YORK -- Pitcher John Lannan and infielder Omar Quintanilla have agreed to minor league contracts with the New York Mets. A 29-year-old left-hander, Lannan is expected to compete for the fifth starters job at spring training. He was 3-6 with a 5.33 ERA last year in 14 starts for Philadelphia. He was sidelined from April 17 to June 17 by a strained tendon in his left knee and didnt pitch after Aug. 14 because of chronic tendinitis that needed surgery. Lannan, who was born in Long Beach, N.Y., and attended Chaminade High School in Mineola, has a 45-58 record and a 4.12 ERA in seven big league seasons. The 32-year-old Quintanilla hit .222 with two homers and 21 RBIs last year for the Mets, making 89 starts at shortstop. New York also settled its arbitration case with right-hander Dillon Gee, agreeing to a one-year contract worth $3,625,000 -- the midpoint between the $4.05 million he had requested and the $3.2 million he had been offered Friday. First baseman-outfielder Lucas Duda is the last Mets player remaining in arbitration. Paul Millsap Jersey . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., who trains out of San Diego, will fight bantamweight champion (Rowdy) Ronda Rousey on July 5 in the co-main event of UFC 175 in Las Vegas. Malik Beasley Jersey . Lost to Los Angeles in first round of playoffs. http://www.authenticnuggetsproshop.com/Will-Barton-Jersey/ . Gustafsson controlled the first round after getting top position on a throw, and came out much more forcefully in the second, buckling Manuwa with a Muay Thai knee, and finishing him off with strikes on the ground. Tyler Lydon Jersey . Terrance Broadway threw for 227 yards and Hunter Stover kicked three field goals as the Ragin Cajuns won an unprecedented fourth straight New Orleans Bowl with a 16-3 triumph over Nevada. Michael Porter Nuggets Jersey .C. -- Kurt Busch put his chances at "70 per cent" at running the Indianapolis 500 this year because of recent developments that have pushed a potential program along.BROSSARD, Que. -- The feeling of impending doom that seems to have descended on the Montreal Canadiens fans had not reached the dressing room of their suburban training centre on Sunday afternoon. Centre David Desharnais even saw the notion of competing in a must-win Game 6 of their NHL Eastern Conference semifinal against the Boston Bruins as fun. The Canadiens trail the Bruins 3-2 ahead of the Monday night game at the Bell Centre. Desharnais recalled that his team was in the same predicament against Boston in the first round in 2011 and ended up winning 2-1 before falling in overtime in Game 7. "Its not the first time for all of us," said Desharnais. "Its fun. You play all year to be in this kind of situation, playing a big game at home. We need to take advantage of it." A 4-2 defeat in Boston on Saturday night, in which conceding the Bruins first two power-play goals of the series had them down 3-0 in the second period, has put the Canadiens on the brink of elimination. A concern is that they havent scored a goal at even strength in the last two games, including a 1-0 overtime loss in Game 4, which was the first time in four tries they failed to win on home ice in this years playoffs. But coach Michel Therrien said that was no reason to panic. "Were playing the Boston Bruins," he said. "They were the best team in the NHL in the regular season, so you have to give them credit. "We have to find a solution to be better five-on-five and we will. Thats the challenge to play against a team like that. But weve faced adversity through the course of the season and what I like about this group is weve always got that attitude when we face adversity. It wont be any different." Captain Brian Gionta added: "Were playing at home. For the most part of the series weve outplayed them and we feel comfortable." Going into the game in Boston, Therrien had called on his top offensive players to adjust better to the added intensity of playoff hockey. Max Pacioretty, a 39-goal scorer in the regular season who has one in nine playoff games, responded with lots of energy. He tied with P.K Subban for the team lead with six shots on goal and assisted on Subbans power-play goal late in the third period. Desharnais added three shots, but still has only one assist in the series. And Thomas Vanek, who has been quiet since potting two power-play goals in Game 2, was also held off the scoresheet. "We need everyone and Im part of that group, so obviously weve got to raise our game," said Vanek. "Starting from myself." The Austrian right-winger was acquired at the trade deadline to add puncch to the attack and mostly he has done that.dddddddddddd The Canadiens didnt need their top guns much as they swept the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first round, but their production has been missed against a tight defensive club like the Bruins, which seems to have six-foot-nine defenceman Zdeno Chara on the ice for every important shift. "Its been a little bit different series than Tampa," said Vanek. "Thats a big team over there and I thought overall its a team thats been playing well. "We knew from the get-go that they have depth and I think thats what makes them strong. But so do we. I dont think this series is about one or two players. Its about depth. We still believe in this group and well be ready to go." Bostons depth came through on Saturday as the third line of centre Carl Soderberg with Loui Eriksson and Matt Fraser produced a pair of goals. Fraser had scored the only goal in Game 4 as well. Therrien gave no hint whether he will stick with slow-moving defenceman Douglas Murray, against whom Bruins coach Claude Julien likes to put the Soderberg line. Murray replaced the much-smaller but more mobile Francis Bouillon after the first two games. He also wouldnt discuss his decision to replace veteran Daniel Briere with Brandon Prust, a more robust forward who looks to be playing through some sort of upper-body injury. "I dont want to talk about (Saturday) night," he said. "Whats important to us is we brought all the guys here today and everybody was upbeat." The Canadiens held an optional practice that included five players who played in Game 5: Prust, Murray, Travis Moen, Mike Weaver and Michael Bournival. "I dont think we have to change much," said Gionta. "We have to make some minor tweaks, but its a matter of playing our game. "I thought in the second period we lost some momentum. It went from a 1-0 to a 3-0 game and from that point, youre chasing the game. So its not huge adjustments by any means." The game was marred by an incident late in the third period just after Subban scored Montreals second goal. Subban was skating past the Boston bench during the play when he had water squirted into his face from the bench by Bruins forward Shawn Thornton. No penalty was called but the NHL fined Thornton US$2,820.52 for unsportsmanlike conduct Sunday. Gionta feels that was ample punishment. "I still havent seen what happened," he said. "But from what Ive read or whatever Ive heard, it seems fair enough. "Ive seen worse. I guess what theyre trying to do is get guys off their game." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz