Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
panxing18 Offline

26.09.2019 05:35
Kirk Cousins is well aware of the label on an Antworten

EAGAN Irv Smith Jersey Cheap , Minn. (AP) — NFL career left largely unfulfilled, a quarterback with plenty of impressive stats but not enough team success.The scrutiny intensified with the fully guaranteed $84 million contract that Cousins signed with the Minnesota Vikings last year, a season that ultimately ended for him like all the others in disappointment without a playoff win.This year, Cousins is determined to change that perception.“It’s going to come down to those 16 regular-season games and then beyond that. Unfortunately, you grind in training camp and you get to Labor Day weekend and you look around and you’re like, ‘All that work, and I’ve got nothing to show for it yet,'” Cousins said Wednesday.“Hopefully you’re laying a good foundation and hopefully it shows on Sundays in the fall, but the nature of this next month and a half, whether it’s really good or really bad, it really isn’t what the narrative becomes on you. You have to translate that into a very good season.”His first year with the Vikings was eerily similar to his time with Washington. Though he has passed for at least 4,000 yards and 25 touchdowns in four straight seasons and been regularly among the NFL leaders in completion rate, including a career-best mark (70.1 last year that ranked second in the league, Cousins is just 34-37-2 as a starter. He lost his only playoff game start in 2015.The offseason priority for the front office in Minnesota, thus, was to make Cousins more comfortable. He has, in turn Irv Smith Jersey Womens , tried to do his part to take that critical step forward in 2019 and carry a team with Super Bowl aspirations along with him.“I’m pretty much a .500 quarterback in my career so far, and I don’t think that’s where you want to be,” Cousins said recently. “That’s not why you’re brought in or people are excited about you. If I don’t play well, if I don’t have gaudy statistics, but we win multiple playoff games this year, the narrative will be I went to the next level. I may not walk off the field every day feeling like I did, but if we win, that’s the life of the quarterback, you are then at the next level. If I have my best year yet in 2019 but we’re 8-8, I didn’t go to the next level.”Cousins is again partaking in the first three days of training camp, which is for rookies and other inexperienced players. The other veterans don’t need to take the field until Friday.“I think one thing that I can do beyond just playing the best I can is to start really coaching and leading other people so that I can never walk off the field saying, ‘Hey, I did my part but so and so didn’t,'” Cousins said. “That can’t happen as an NFL quarterback. You have to be bringing others along so that isn’t a point you’re making at the end of a practice or a game.”The biggest change to the scheme now directed by offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski was the hiring of Gary Kubiak as an offensive adviser. Kubiak was the offensive coordinator on two Super Bowl winners in Denver for Mike Shanahan, who later became head coach of the Redskins for Cousins’ first two years.In front of Cousins, the offensive line was reworked with first-round draft pick Garrett Bradbury at center, Pat Elflein moving from center to left guard and Josh Kline signing as a free agent to be the right guard.Time can also be a benefit.“His comfort level Irv Smith white jersey , him understanding what’s being asked of him to do,” general manager Rick Spielman said. “They will do things to make sure that he is comfortable in the offense, that will fit his strengths as a quarterback. You can have all the gaudy stats in the world, but this business is always going to come down to wins and losses.”No need to tell Cousins that. Pick a spot, any spot"After toying with the idea of putting kicker as the #1 need for the Minnesota Vikings going into the 2019 NFL Draft, I decided that I didn’t want to deal with the impending riot and put offensive line up at the top of the list instead. Normally we could break this down into tackle and guard, but with the state of the Vikings’ offensive line I think that we can lump the whole group together. This team needs to draft someone to bolster the offensive line early on, and they probably need to draft multiple players to that end.Current Vikings offensive linemen: Riley Reiff (starter), Danny Isidora (starter. . .I guess), Pat Elflein (starter), Josh Kline (starter), Brian O’Neill (starter), Adam Bisnowaty, Aviante Collins, Dakota Dozier, Cornelius Edison, Rashod Hill Irv Smith Minnesota Vikings Jerseys , Brett Jones, Storm NortonThe biggest hole on the offensive line is, currently, at left guard, and I think we all understand that. What we don’t know is how the Vikings intend to fix it. Do they draft a player to plug into the left guard spot, or do they draft someone at tackle or center and shift either Reiff or Elflein into the left guard position? Frankly, I don’t want Reiff to move. . .I don’t particularly want Elflein to move, either, but of the two I’d be more comfortable with Elflein moving over than Reiff. That just my thought process.As far as the backups? They can all fight it out. I’d like to see Jones get a bit more of an opportunity than he got in 2018, but other than that I’m not really all that attached to any of the other potential backups for this team on the offensive line.Who could the Vikings look at and when. If you’ve been following the Mock Draft Database this offseason. . .and shame on you if you haven’t been. . .you know all the big names that most of us are dreaming of hearing Roger Goodell say on Thursday night. I don’t think that Jonah Williams or Jawaan Taylor is going to make it to #18, but there are a ton of other players that the Vikings should be looking at in the first round. If they want to go the tackle route, they should be in the right spot to get their hands on Andre Dillard, by far the best pass blocking tackle in this class. If they want a center, they should be in prime territory for Garrett Bradbury, who would appear to be an ideal fit in the new scheme the Vikings want to run. If they want someone they can just mold at the guard spot, they can look to Cody Ford or Chris Lindstrom or Dalton Risner.The talent on the offensive line is going to be there when the Vikings pick at #18. They might. . .I repeat, might. . .even be able to trade back a bit and still get a Day 1 starter. It’s simply a matter of whether or not Rick Spielman wants to pull the trigger on an offensive lineman in the first round for the first time since 2012.Should the Vikings elect to pass on an offensive lineman in Round 1 Minnesota Vikings Jerseys 2019 , they almost certainly have to address the position in Round 2. If that’s the case, you’re probably looking at players like Elgton Jenkins or Eric McCoy among interior linemen, or perhaps even “not that” Michael Jordan. They could also look to someone like Kaleb McGary at tackle, though he’s not someone that I think could immediately start at left tackle. Unless the plan is to. . .deep breath. . .play McGary at right tackle while moving Brian O’Neill to left tackle and Reiff to left guard. If the Vikings wait much longer than that to address the position, you’re pretty much into “developmental” territory at the tackle position, but there’s still some talent there to develop. Tytus Howard out of Alabama State comes to mind, as does Max Scharping of Northern Illinois.The later rounds could still produce some interior prospects with the ability to play early on. I’d be looking for someone like Nate Davis out of Charlotte in the 4th-5th round range, or someone like Oklahoma’s Dru Samia or Alex Bars from Notre Dame a little later on. Even if the Vikings do address the offensive line early, adding someone like Samia or Bars later on certainly wouldn’t hurt.But, as we’ve been screaming for months, this is undoubtedly the #1 need for the Vikings going into the draft. They need to address it early, and in a perfect world they address it often, too. Wherever or however they choose to address it, this offensive line needs talent across the board, and the Vikings now have the opportunity to add it.Get it done, Mr. Spielman.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz