Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Vorstellung
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

09.10.2019 04:17
Werths two-out single. Antworten

PARIS – Eugenie Bouchard could downplay expectations. Nobody would blame her. Shes only 20-years-old after all and playing in just her second French Open. But when asked what would need to happen to make her campaign at Roland Garros this season a success, Canadas rising star doesnt hold back. "To win it," Bouchard said, her own boldness yielding a laugh. But, make no mistake, she is dead serious. "I always expect high things of myself and Ive been working so hard for so many years that nothing is a real surprise to me and I have big ambitions in tennis. I want to achieve great things." Bouchard certainly isnt lacking confidence. She showed that during a magical run to the Australian Open semifinals in January. But Bouchard has a specific reason to have a hop in her step these days. On Saturday, she beat Karolina Pliskova in the championship match of the Nuremberg Cup, earning her first career WTA title. "Just so happy," said Bouchard describing the emotions in the moments after match point. "To go to a city and leave and not lose a match and win all the matches is something special." Bouchard almost didnt play in the tournament. Most top players will not travel to an event in the week before a grand slam choosing instead to rest, practice and arrive at the venue early. But after disappointing first-round straight-set losses at tune-up events in Madrid (v No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska) and Rome (v No. 61 Francesca Schiavone) Bouchard was convinced that playing more was the best way to prep for the seasons second major. "We were debating whether to even come to Nuremberg and I said, You know what? I want to play matches. I want to keep trying and keep working. We got here early and practiced. It was pretty cold early in the week, it was tough practices, tough conditions, but I kept working hard and Im proud of myself for that. When you work hard good things happen. I think thats what happened this week." That Bouchards first career championship came on clay is a bit of a surprise. It is not her favourite surface. "My game is pretty aggressive, so I like to step in and control the point and the clay just slows it up a little bit, but its a good thing. It teaches me patience ... sometimes Im not so patient. "It adds different dimensions to your game and if I can perform well on clay it will show myself that I can have a well-rounded game." Last year Bouchards run at the French Open ended in the second round at the hands of eventual finalist Maria Sharapova. It was a tough loss (6-2, 6-4), but one that made the Montreal native stronger. "I think it helps for sure. I got to play on centre court, experienced a rain delay, my match was over two days and its all part of the experience. I always enjoy the chance to play one of the great players and I always learn so much. Ive learned from that match." Bouchard wont have to deal with Sharapova or any other top name early in the tournament this time around. Thats one of the perks of being the 18th seed. Bouchard will open against 86th ranked Israeli Shahar Peer, who has lost all three matches to the Canadian in her career including one in March (6-2, 6-2 in Acapulco). Waiting in the second round should Bouchard advance will be either German Julia Goerges or Portugals Michelle Larcher De Brito. Both are outside the top 100 in the latest rankings. The third round is when things may get tougher as No. 12 Flavia Pennetta would be a formidable roadblock, but far from unbeatable. But first things first: Bouchard needs to get settled in France. One negative repercussion from playing in the week before a slam is that it makes for a tight turnaround. There was a 90-minute flight from Nuremberg to Paris on Saturday night followed by a practice on Sunday. Bouchards match against Peer is set for Monday. Although theres actually a chance the short rest time may be a good thing. "I always like playing matches so, for me, the more I can play the better. I can get in a rhythm of playing competitive matches and I think it gives me extra confidence." Extra confidence? Not a fun thought for those in Bouchards section of the draw. Ultra Boost 1.0 Australia . Observant Muslims avoid food and liquids from dawn to dusk during Ramadan but can, and often do, skip it if travelling or doing hard physical labour. Some devout Muslim athletes choose to fast during training or competition, but it can create selection difficulties for the coaches in team sports. Cheap NMD Australia .A. Dickey earned an American League Gold Glove on Tuesday to become the first Toronto Blue Jays pitcher to win the award. http://www.nmdaustraliasale.com/ultra-bo...alia/3.html.com) - Cincinnati Reds pitcher Mat Latos had an arthroscopic procedure performed on his right elbow last week, the teams official site reported Wednesday. NMD Clearance Sale .B. -- Canadas Rachel Homan had ideal preparation for the playoffs at the Ford World Curling Championships with a pair of hard-fought wins over tenacious opponents Thursday. Adidas Superstar White Australia . In the opening game of his fourth-round match at the U.S. Open, the owner of 17 major titles got passed at the net twice, sailed a backhand long, then missed two forehands to get broken.NEW YORK -- Toby and Jodi Roark were in the midst of a 12-hour drive from Wilmington, Ill., to Washington, D.C., to watch their son Tanner pitch in the Nationals home opener. Then they got a call from their daughter-in-law, telling them he wouldnt be starting Friday. In the clubhouse at Citi Field, Tanners phone beeped. "My mom is texting me, Whats happening?" Tanner remembered. "They were bummed out." Jordan Zimmermann had a fever and was vomiting, so Roark started Thursdays series finale against the New York Mets on just three hours notice. After a shaky first inning, Roark recovered and the Nationals rallied for an 8-2 victory and an opening three-game sweep. "I just go with the flow," the 27-year-old right-hander said. "Whatever they tell me to do, its what Im here for." Ryan Zimmerman tied his career high with four hits, including three that led off innings. His second-inning home run off Zack Wheeler (0-1) started the Nationals comeback from a 2-0 deficit. Washingtons leadoff batter reached in the first seven innings, and the Nationals rallied to win for the third time in the series. While Washington opened 3-0 for the second straight season, the Mets fell to 0-3 for the first time since 2005. They had not lost their first three home games since 1997. "Theyre proud of the way theyve played so far and so am I," Nationals first-year manager Matt Williams said. "Just the way theyre grinding." Roark (1-0) made his major league debut on Aug. 7 last season and went 7-1 with a 1.51 ERA in five starts and nine relief appearances. He got just two swings and misses in the first four innings and fell behind 2-0 in a 30-pitch first but wound up allowing just the two runs and six hits in six innings with three walks and five strikeouts -- including his final four batters. "Thats what Tanners done since basically we called him up last year," Zimmerman said. "When its his turn to pitch, he goes out there and challenges the hitter.dddddddddddd. He throws a lot of strikes and works quick." Roark allowed an RBI double in the first to Curtis Granderson, who had been 0 for 9 with the Mets, and Juan Lagares sacrifice fly. Then he started making adjustments. "I was letting the ball go and not trying to pinpoint and try to nibble as much," he said. Wheeler gave up three runs and seven hits in six innings, trying to work out of trouble for much of the afternoon before a small crowd of 20,561, a couple hundred above Citi Fields record low. Washington went ahead 3-2 in the fifth when Denard Span hit an RBI single to right, advanced as Granderson heaved a two-hop throw home and scored on Jayson Werths two-out single. The Nationals broke open the game with a four-run seventh against relievers Scott Rice and Jeurys Familia that included a two-run single by Adam LaRoche off the glove of first baseman Lucas Duda. "I assure you, were better than what youve seen the last three days," Mets manager Terry Collins said. Soon after that, thoughts turned to the home opener against Atlanta. Roark said his parents and in-laws still plan to be in the stands at Nationals Park on Friday and Saturday. "Theyll still get there, spend time together, so thats good," he said. "First time in D.C., so that will be fun." NOTES: Washington pitchers struck out 39 in the series, third-most in any teams opening three games since 1914, according to STATS. The only teams with more were Texas last year (43) and Cleveland in 1966 (42). ... Mets 2B Daniel Murphy returned from paternity leave and had a throwing error and a fielding error in his season debut. ... Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson presented the Rick Rescorla National Award for Resilience to the New York Mets, Walgreens and Monsignor John Brown, then bounced the ceremonial first pitch. ... Werth was 6 for 13 in the series and Zimmerman 6 for 14. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz