Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Vorstellung
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

19.11.2019 04:36
bases. Astros: Chris Antworten

It was borderline unfair. Those were the words used by Toronto Argonaut head coach Scott Milanovich to describe a decision made a year ago. Starting quarterback Ricky Ray was injured in a mid-season game against Calgary. The team needed to select a starting quarterback and would have to choose between backups Zach Collaros and Trevor Harris. Collaros, now the starter in Hamilton, was chosen by the slimmest of margins and proceeded to lead the team to four consecutive wins - all on the road - something that had never been done before in CFL history. The starters job opened again after Ray suffered a concussion in the final quarter last week in Montreal, meaning Harris finally gets the chance to start. He took first-team reps at practice this week and felt right at home. Its been a long time since Ive got to play and start, said the native of Waldo, Ohio. But it felt natural. It just goes to show our coaches do a good job getting us prepared. Harris is now in his third season with the Argos and knows the playbook inside and out. Preparation and familiarity with the offence will not be problematic; impatience might be. I dont want him being a hero from the pocket, said Milanovich. I want him to go through his progressions and if its time for him to make a play, he needs to make that outside the pocket. That said, Harris can best be described in the same terms as Ray. Hes a quarterback who will work through his progressions and make the high-percentage throw. Hes a little more mobile than the veteran and has a stronger arm. It will be doubly important for Harris to get into a rhythm early on. Milanovich says that he hasnt been preaching to the receiving corps that making the sure catch is vital to building the confidence of the young QB. I dont want to put any extra pressure on them, said the coach. I think its very natural...when your backup quarterback is in the game, everybody feels a little bit more of a sense of urgency. I think they understand that, continued Milanovich. Its not something that I stressed, but I think its unspoken that they need to be at their best for him - particularly early. The player that could make or break Harris day is Chad Owens. The diminutive receiver has averaged a remarkable eight catches for 95 yards per game this season. Hes excited for Harris and says there are two things that impress him the most about the young signal caller. His confidence and his competitiveness, said Owens. As a quarterback youve got to have that belief that (youre) going to win every time. Hes got that wont to be perfect. Those two attributes can go a long way in combating the butterflies that usually accompany a start by someone in this position. Sometimes a young guy coming in can be a little over-energetic, continued the receiver. You lose some of that composure you need as a quarterback, but Trevors got both. Im excited to be out there with him. Milanovich, who played quarterback in several pro leagues, says keeping Harris feet grounded will be the toughest task. I think its good that its a short week so he doesnt have all week to sit there and think about it, confessed the coach. Hes waited a long time for this opportunity. So what is the coach expecting from his pivot? Hes going to be excited, hes going to be anxious to play great, said Milanovich. I just asked him to play within the system and within himself and understand that he doesnt have to make plays, let other guys make plays for him. Harris has said all the right things this week, most of which have come in cliche form. No matter what the quarterback says, this is a different situation. Hes been on the field, he knows the start is coming, he understands that if his team loses the season ends. With all that said, he told TSN.ca that hes honestly not as nervous as one would assume. He just spent more time doing what relaxes him the most - watching game film. I love to watch tape, admitted a smiling Harris. When Im bored Ill pull out my iPad and watch tape, its just something that I like to do. Some people like to go out and hunt, I like to watch tape. That said, the Argos are hoping Harris plays the role of hunter and bags a win Friday night to extend the teams playoff hopes for at least one more day. Michael Jordan Jersey . -- Sami Salo joked that as the shootout went on and on, one thing went through his mind: "Youve got to tie up your skates. Cheap Sports Jerseys . - Titans quarterback Jake Locker will miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury to his right foot, leaving Tennessee trying to rally with Ryan Fitzpatrick. https://www.sportsstarsjerseys.com/.Gasol had 16 points and 13 rebounds, and the Bulls beat the winless Orlando Magic 98-90 on Tuesday night.Jimmy Butler led the Bulls with 21 points and Taj Gibson added 16 for Chicago, which finally pulled away in the final minutes of a game that was tied after three quarters. Tom Brady Jersey New England Patriots . Kansas City became the first team in baseball history to win four extra-inning games in a single postseason on Friday, as Alex Gordon crushed a leadoff homer in the 10th and Mike Moustakas added the deciding two-run blast in the Royals 8-6 win. College Michael Jordan Jersey . The England international had both goals in TFCs season-opening 2-1 win over the Seattle Sounders on Saturday. ARLINGTON, Texas -- Lisalverto Bonilla did something on Wednesday night that no Texas Rangers pitcher had ever done. The rookie right-hander pitched six scoreless innings in a 5-1 victory over the Houston Astros to become the first Ranger to win his first three career starts. "Wow! Thats amazing," Texas interim manager Tim Bogar said. Bonillas wins all have come during a stretch when the Rangers have won 11 of 12 games, including their last four. Their sweep of Houston was the Astros third loss in a row and seventh in nine games. Bonilla (3-0), promoted Sept. 2 from Triple-A Round Rock, allowed four hits and struck out seven in six scoreless innings. He was one of seven rookies in Texas starting lineup. They didnt play like rookies. Bogar said, "He doesnt have a heartbeat out on the mound. I dont think he ever gets excited." Rookie Phil Klein struck out the side in the ninth inning. Rougned Odor and Ryan Rua, hit home runs against veteran Jose Veras to break the game open with four runs in the seventh inning. "You look at Ruas at-bats leading up to that, and the last thing you think is hes going to hit a three-run homer," Bogar said. Odor also doubled to end a nine-pitch at bat in the first inning and walked on seven pitches in the fourth. "Im working on my strike zone," he said. "Before I swing at everything, but now Im more looking for my pitch." Houston starter Scott Feldman (8-12) allowed only one hit through 4 1-3 innings. With one out in the fifth, Leonys Martin bunted for a single and scored on Andrus double down the left field line. Andrus has driven in six runs in his last nine games after a stretch of 11 games without an RBI. The Astros run came on Jonathan Villars homer against Klein in the eighth. Martin threw out Robbie Grossman at home plate to end the top of the third inning. He was trying to score oon a single by Jake Marisnick, but rookie catcher Tomas Telis took Martins one-hop throw and tagged the sliding Grossmans back.dddddddddddd In Bonillas three starts, he has allowed only four earned runs in 17 innings, a 2.12 ERA. The Rangers had the major leagues worst record, and the inside track to the first pick in next years draft, before their current hot streak. The Arizona Diamondbacks (63-96) are now 2 1/2 games worse than Texas 65-93. TRAINERS ROOM Rangers: OF Jim Adduci (concussion) has come off the disabled list but hasnt started because hes not ready to hit. Manager Tim Bogar said Adduci could play in the field or run the bases. Astros: Chris Carter, in the original lineup at first base, switched with Marc Krauss and became the DH. Manager Tom Lawless said Carter "has a little side-bottom something something, so he doesnt need to be standing all night." . OF George Springer (quadriceps) is with the team but wont play again this season. UP NEXT Rangers RHP Colby Lewis (10-14, 5.34) will make his team-leading 29th start Thursday in the opener of a four-game series against visiting Oakland. He won his only start against the Athletics this season. The Astros are off Thursday before beginning their season-ending three-game series Friday in New York against the Mets. RHP Brad Peacock (4-9, 4.82) is scheduled to pitch. PLAYING A CONTENDER Bogar said the Rangers would "do whats right the last 4 days of the playoff race" in the series against Oakland, in a four-team battle for the American Leagues last four post-season berths. "Weve got to do every other team fair." SILVERY BOOT The winner of the Astros-Rangers series wins the Silver Boot, which is returning to Houston for the first time since 2006. But after this series sweep, Bogar found a miniature aluminum-foil boot waiting for him in the post-game interview room. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz