Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 Vorstellung
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

20.11.2019 03:13
after another discouraging Antworten

TORONTO - After months of speculation, the Toronto Blue Jays announced Monday that longtime president Paul Beeston will be returning for one more year.Beeston signed a contract extension with the club and plans to retire at the end of the 2015 campaign, team owner Rogers Communications said in a release.Beestons contract expired in October, and there was uncertainty about whether or not he would be back with several media reports claiming the Blue Jays were looking for his replacement.Jays chairman Edward Rogers said the team had been in discussions about Beestons future since his contract ended.There were many rumours flying about, but it would have been inappropriate to comment on such matters publicly, Rogers said. Make no mistake — we are elated to have Paul continue to lead the team for this season.His successor will start when he retires, the release said.We will not be commenting on the succession process or timing, Rogers said.The 69-year-old Beeston was the first Blue Jays employee in 1976 and has been with the ball club for 31 years, winning two World Series titles with the team.I love this ball club and the fans, said Beeston. I wake up every day thinking about the game and bringing another championship north of the border. Im excited for the season ahead — weve got a great group of guys who are fiercely competitive and hope to be playing ball in October.Toronto made a splash in the off-season by adding Canadian catcher Russell Martin and third baseman Josh Donaldson to an already potent lineup. However the strength and depth of the bullpen remains the biggest question mark moving forward. The Blue Jays are without a proven closer at the moment after parting ways with Casey Janssen.Beeston, a native of Welland, Ont., was named team president and chief operating officer in 1989 and chief executive officer in 1991. The Blue Jays won World Series titles in 1992 and 1993 but havent been to the post-season since.He left the team in 1997 to serve as chief operating officer in Major League Baseballs commissioners office, holding that role until 2002. Beeston later returned to the Blue Jays and was named team president and CEO in October 2009 after taking over the day-to-day operations of the club on an interim basis a year earlier after Paul Godfreys departure.General manager J.P. Ricciardi was fired near the end of the 2009 season and Beeston promoted assistant GM Alex Anthopoulos to the position. Together, they presented a long-term vision of a team that would consistently contend.Anthopoulos went to work by trading longtime ace Roy Halladay, overhauling the scouting and player development system and shuffling the coaching staff.However, the franchises long run of mediocrity has continued. The Blue Jays have either struggled or finished near the .500 mark since the changes were made.Anthopoulos made his biggest splash after the 2012 season. He acquired Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle and Josh Johnson in a blockbuster trade with the Miami Marlins and added N.L. Cy Young Award winner R.A. Dickey in a deal with the New York Mets.With expectations sky-high, the Blue Jays fell flat and finished the 2013 campaign with a 74-88 mark.This past season, Toronto enjoyed a solid first half before fading after the all-star break. The Blue Jays settled for an 83-79 record and third-place finish in the American League East. Cheap White Sox Jerseys . The 26-year-old Sobotka injured his left leg playing for the St. Louis Blues in a 3-1 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday. The Blues said he would not recover from the injury in time for the Olympic tournament. Reynaldo Lopez White Sox Jersey . The Canadian Football Leagues all-time passing leader said he has not made a final decision, but he will discuss his future with Montreal Alouettes owner Bob Wetenhall on the weekend. https://www.cheapwhitesox.com/654e-adam-...-white-sox.html. "Im proud of him," Jones said in an interview from Sacramento, site of the UFCs weekend televised card. "I think hes listening to his body and hes doing what makes him happy and thats what life is about ultimately. Chief Bender Jersey . -- Jerome Williams glanced at Philadelphias schedule and realized he would be facing the Oakland Athletics yet again, with another new team. Luis Aparicio Jersey . Even if he is shooting 38 per cent from the field overall this season, the Utah Jazz rookie always feels like his final shot is going in. LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Phil Mickelson is feeling a lot better about his longest winless streak in more than a decade. The way hes playing now, it might not last much longer. Lefty, you see, is back on a hot streak. Mickelson birdied four of his last five holes Saturday to keep himself in contention for his sixth major title, shooting a 4-under 67 that left him three shots behind leader Rory McIlroy at the PGA Championship. Hell play in the next-to-last group on Sunday with Rickie Fowler. "Ive put myself in a position now where if I ... play the way I feel I can and shoot the number I believe I can, Im in a position to win the golf tournament," the 44-year-old Hall of Famer said. "Thats what feels good." As usual, it was quite a ride for the guy who conceded early in the week that hell always be a streaky player. A couple of birdies on the front side pushed his score lower. Back-to-back bogeys after the turn stymied his surge. Then, just like that, he got it going again, sparked by a 22-foot putt at the 14th. "I needed something to get it going," Mickelson said. "Knocking that one in gave me a little bit of momentum." He kept right on going at No. 15, where a 158-yard shot from the rough plopped down 6 feet from the flag for another birdie. The approach shot at the next hole was even better, as Mickelson zeroed in from 197 yards and left the ball merely 3 feet from the cup for his third straight birdie. He finished with one more on the par-5 18th, just missing a 45-footer for eagle, his knees buckling as the ball curled toward the hole but stayed just above it. "Its so fun for me to be back in the thick of it, have a chance, being contention heading into Sunday and not having to get up at 6 oclock in the morning to tee off -- if I get to tee off," Mickelson said. "Its been a nice change." His last win came at the 2013 British Open, where he turned in one of the great closing rounds in majjor championship history at Muirfield, giving him the third leg of a career Grand Slam.dddddddddddd. Its been quite a struggle since then. Mickelson missed the cut at the Masters, a tournament he has won three times. He tied for 28th at the U.S. Open, nowhere close to completing his slam, his putting such a mess that he began experimenting with a claw grip. He needed a strong finish at Royal Liverpool just to finish tied for 23rd in the British Open, his hopes of keeping the claret jug pretty much doused in the first two rounds. But Mickelson is used to these sorts of ups and downs. Thats pretty much been the trademark of his career. Last week in the World Golf Championship, after another discouraging start, he suddenly turned in his best round of the year -- a 62 in the final round. Now, hes looking for another finish like that at Valhalla. "I just kept the momentum going throughout the round" at Firestone, Mickelson said. "I need to do that again tomorrow. Thats the bottom line." Considering the guy hes chasing, Mickelson knows if will take a low round to claim the Wanamaker Trophy. McIlroy, who leads at 13-under 200, is the top-ranked player in the world, a three-time major champion and has won his last two tournaments -- a wire-to-wire triumph at the British Open, followed by a comeback victory at Firestone. The 25-year-old from Northern Ireland is used to being a front-runner. Mickelson knows hell have to chase him down -- Lefty just hopes he remembers how. "I havent won this year. That is a negative," said Mickelson, who hasnt gone so long without a victory since 2003. "I havent been in the heat. I havent been in that position this year and Im certainly going to feel some pressure tomorrow, because I want to have the opportunity to make up for the entire year in one round. "Those five majors that Ive won in the past," he added, "really arent much help going into tomorrows round." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz