Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Vorstellung
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

02.12.2019 02:56
the 22-car field on Saturday Antworten

DETROIT -- Will Power gave Roger Penske and Chevrolet what they desperately wanted by winning the first of two races at the Detroit Grand Prix. "On his home track and in Chevys backyard, its a perfect day," Power said Saturday. "If we can do it again tomorrow, itll be even better." Power finished 0.3308 seconds ahead of Graham Rahal on the bumpy, 13-turn, 2.36-mile street circuit on Belle Isle. He started a season-worst 16th and took the lead for good with just more than 10 laps to go when he passed Ryan Briscoe. "Theres no way we thought we would come from 16th to win," he said. "But this is IndyCar and anything can happen." The Australian held off Rahal to join Indianapolis 500 champion Ryan Hunter-Reay as the series drivers with two victories through six races. Power pulled within three points of Hunter-Reay, IndyCars points leader. James Hinchcliffe of Oakville, Ont., finished in sixth place. Power, who won IndyCars season-opening race, has 23 career victories to break a tie with Emerson Fittipaldi and Tony Bettenhausen and to match Tommy Milton for 18th on the all-time list. His latest victory was especially sweet for Penske and Chevy. Penske had not won an open-wheel race in the area he calls home since Helio Castroneves finished first in 2001. "Its sure a great piece of satisfaction for me to see this happen," Penske acknowledged. And for Chevy, which sponsors the race, it was a good day after being relegated to watching Honda dominate the previous three races over the last two years in the shadow of its world headquarters. "We swept the podium in 2012," Art St. Cyr, president of Honda Performance Development, said a few hours before Saturdays race. "We won both races last year, swept the podium in one race and had two of the three spots in the other race "There are a lot of Chevy folks here, so you do walk around with your chest puffed out a little bit more." After the 70-lap race, Honda had to settle for Rahals second-place finish as its only driver on the podium. Rahal, whose only career victory was in 2008, had finished no better than 13th this year. "Its a great day for us with the year weve had and the luck weve had," Rahal said. Tony Kanaan was a season-best third followed by Justin Wilson and Castroneves, who was the pole-sitter and led a race-high 30 laps Saturday. "I wish I could relax," Kanaan said "My mind is already going on what I have to do tomorrow." Hunter-Reay, meanwhile, failed to follow up the biggest win of his career with a 16th-place finish. He was on the last lap, but did not make it to the finish line because he spun into a tire wall to end the race. He started 21st in the 22-car field because he brushed a wall on his second lap during Saturday mornings qualifying session. "We had a rough day overall," Hunter-Reay said. Simon Pagenaud and Mike Conway each won last year on Belle Isle and both lost their shot to win early Saturday. Pagenaud damaged his front left suspension when he ran into the back of Power, leading to a yellow. "I didnt even know where Pagenaud was," Power insisted. Conway did not have any one around him when he appeared to understeer into a wall on Lap 15, putting the race under caution. Both will get another shot to repeat at the Detroit Grand Prix on Sunday as part of IndyCars first of three doubleheaders this season. While Penske was thrilled with the victory after Castroneves was barely beaten by Hunter-Reays Honda-powered car last Sunday at the Indy 500, he knew there were fewer than 24 hours to celebrate before the next race on Sunday. "We all start from ground zero," he said. Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys .com) - Oklahoma quarterback Trevor Knight was carted off the field in the fourth quarter of 16th-ranked Sooners 48-14 loss to No. MLB Jerseys 2020 . Schaub will start for an injured Case Keenum and try to help the Texans end a 12-game skid. Schaubs last action in Houston came when he took over late in a game against Oakland on Nov. 17 as Keenum was struggling. https://www.cheapmlbjerseysjustwholesale...rseys-2020.html. - The Green Bay Packers got back to work on Friday without star quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Authentic MLB Jerseys . Lawries batting helmet hit an umpire during his ninth-inning outburst in the Jays 4-3 loss to Tampa Bay on Tuesday. The 22-year-old threw his helmet to the ground and it bounced up and hit home plate umpire Bill Miller on the right hip after Lawrie was called out on strikes for the second out. Nike MLB Jerseys . More importantly, he is trying to show his young teammates the Colorado are still post-season contenders. He hopes winning a series at home was a fresh start. DETROIT -- Helio Castroneves celebrated in his signature style, climbing a fence, in the same place where he did it for the first time many years ago. Castroneves crew joined him above the track in front of roaring fans and it was fitting because his behind-the-scenes teammates helped him have his way with the competition. "I did not expect that," he said after easily winning the second Detroit Grand Prix race of the weekend Sunday, finishing 1.6836 seconds ahead of Penske Racing teammate Will Power. "They deserved it. "That was great to see them there." It was here in Detroit where Castroneves raced to the first of his 29 victories in 2000 and scaled the safety fence. And, the 39-year-old Brazilian is still winning and climbing with more composure. "I was able to hold my emotions better," he said. "I guess Im getting older." Team owner and unofficial race promoter Roger Penske was not a part of the fence-climbing celebration, but he had to be one of the happiest guys on Belle Isle because Castroneves and Power finished first and second. "You dream about these weekends," Penske said. "To be as strong as we were and see both guys in the winners circle." Castroneves lead was so large that when he made his final pit stop on Lap 49 he still was ahead when he got back on the track. The competition got closer after cautions led to restarts with seven and three laps left, but Castroneves could not be caught in part because Power did not want to risk ruining his teammates path to victory by possibly hitting him. "Because of Roger, I definitely wasnt going to race him hard," Power said. Castroneves has 29 IndyCar victories, tying Rick Mears for 11th on the career. "Oh, really?" Castroneves asked. "Wow. What an honour." Castronneves finished 0.dddddddddddd060 seconds behind Ryan Hunter-Reay last week in the Indianapolis 500 in his bid to join Mears as a four-time winner in open-wheel racings signature event. Power won Saturday and played a big part in a sloppy start Sunday. He was penalized for avoidable contact on the opening lap, failing to turn right and causing Josef Newgarden to hit him from behind to trigger a three-car crash. That led to the first of two cautions within the first ten laps after a false start briefly delayed the race beginning. Despite a drive-through penalty, Power was able to pull into contention later in the race with aggressive moves. No one, though, was faster than Castroneves. Hunter-Reay, meanwhile, had a poor ending to a rough weekend after the biggest win of his career. He started 21st in the 22-car field on Saturday and Sunday because of crashes. Hunter-Reay ended the first race by crashing on the final lap and the second one did not last as long due to an electrical problem knocking him out after 61 laps. "You name it, we had the problem this weekend," he said. "Im just glad to be getting out of here." Hunter-Reay left Detroit -- heading to New York for an appearance Monday night with David Letterman -- without the IndyCar points lead. He entered the weekend with a 40-point lead on Power and exits it in third, 27 points behind Power and eight more behind Castroneves. "Major hit," Hunter-Reay acknowledged. Honda had dominated the Detroit Grand Prix the previous two years -- in the shadow of Chevys world headquarters -- and had the fastest car last week at the Indy 500. The engine manufacture did not fare better than fifth on Sunday with James Hinchcliffe following Charlie Kimball and Scott Dixon. Pole-sitter Takuma Sato was spun twice, dropping him to 18th. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz