Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 91 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

21.09.2018 08:49
avoiding arbitration.GLENDALE, Ariz Antworten

MINNEAPOLIS - Just when Joe Mauer restored his smooth swing, it brought more trouble by triggering his latest injury. Brandin Cooks Jersey . This frustrating season for Minnesotas catcher-turned-first baseman worsened Wednesday, when Mauer woke up with more discomfort than he had the night before from a strained muscle on his right side and was placed on the 15-day disabled list. "Its been a very trying year for me personally," Mauer said. "I get things going and something happens, but thats baseball. ... This is another thing that Ive got to work through, and hopefully it doesnt take too long and I get back out there soon." Mauer was hurt swinging on his two-run double in the fourth inning Tuesday that stretched his hitting streak to 12 straight games. He batted .320, his career average, with 13 RBIs over the last 19 games. But prior to his recent surge, the six-time All-Star and three-time American League batting title holder has been in his worst slump ever, his average dipping as low as .254 a couple of times last month. "Hes put in a lot of hard work here getting his swing where he wants it, and its been falling in for him, hes been driving in runs, and now we have this," manager Ron Gardenhire said. "You know what? It is part of the game when you play every day. Youre going to have some of these things, and now we just have to let him heal." Mauer missed the last 39 games last year with concussion-like symptoms, prompting his position switch. He sat out almost a week earlier this season with a bad back. Knee and lower-body injuries hounded him at times in his career. His substandard production at the corner infield spot already put his All-Star selection in doubt, but this strained-oblique setback sealed the deal: Mauer wont play in the midsummer classic in his hometown. "Hes been an All-Star for quite a bit, and Im sure its something that he wouldve loved to have been a part of, but you know what? You get hurt, you get hurt," Gardenhire said. Though Mauer stayed in the game to run the bases, he said he knew right away the injury was serious. "Ive never been shot before, but it felt like I got shot," Mauer said. The Twins called up Chris Colabello from Triple-A Rochester to take his place on the roster. Colabello was hitting .275 with six home runs and 27 RBI in 36 games with the Red Wings. In 40 games with the Twins earlier this year, Colabello batted .232, but with 10 doubles, four home runs and 30 RBIs. So while Colabello hasnt played in a game for the Twins since May 23, he still has driven in more runs than Mauer, who has 28 RBIs in 76 games with 20 extra-base hits. Hes batting .271. Custom Los Angeles Rams Jerseys . -- Sami Salo joked that as the shootout went on and on, one thing went through his mind: "Youve got to tie up your skates. Joseph Noteboom Jersey . LOUIS -- The St. http://www.footballramsshop.us/authentic-sam-shields-rams-jersey/ .com) - The Chicago Cubs reportedly signed recently-acquired outfielder Dexter Fowler to a one-year contract on Friday, avoiding arbitration.GLENDALE, Ariz. - Indianapolis Colts linebacker DQwell Jackson says he noticed nothing wrong with the football he intercepted against New England in last weeks AFC championship game.Talking after his Pro Bowl team practiced at Luke Air Force Base on Thursday, he said he merely wanted to keep the ball as a souvenir.Some guys, you make a big play, you want the ball, Jackson said. That was my intention.He said he took it to the sidelines, hasnt seen it since and probably never will.Ill do my best to try to get ahold of it, Jackson said. But right now its in the middle of, what do they call it, Deflategate.The normal procedure when a player wants to save the ball, he said, is for it to go to the equipment staff and you have it in your locker come Monday morning.I dont know how it got to this point, Jackson said, but somehow Im in the middle of it.Jackson said he doesnt handle the ball enough to know whether it was properly inflated or not.The deal about me saying that I noticed anything about it, thats totally false, he said.Baltimores John Harbaugh, who will coach Team Carter at the Pro Bowl, said that it would be an unfair advantage to play with a deflated football.Harbaughs Ravens lost at New England the previous week. He declined to discuss any specifics of the Patriots case, referring questioners to what he said at a news conference in Baltimore earlier in the week.I will say that I think the league is on it, Harbaugh said. Theyre going to do whatever is right and proper. Theyre going to make sure the game is played with integrity and its played the right way — its fair and there are no unfair advantages for either side in any game.Thats what sports is all about. Thats what football is all about. Thats their obligation and Im confident that theyre up to that responsibility.Harbaugh said its not for him to say what another coach would be thinking about or what he would knnow about. Brandin Cooks Rams Jersey. Asked if he would be aware of the condition of his teams footballs, Harbaugh said, I would be aware of a lot of things.I try to be aware of as much as I can, he said. I think any coach would. But I cant say what another coach would be aware of.Wide receiver Jordy Nelson of Green Bay said he thinks quarterbacks have the ball the way they like it, within the rules. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers likes the ball filled to the max.Detroit quarterback Matthew Stafford said he knows equipment staffs rub up the ball to get it the way the quarterback likes, but hes never dealt with how much air is inside.Everybody likes it different, Stafford said. Apparently, Aaron Rodgers likes to throw a beach ball — whatever.While questions about deflated footballs dominated the discussions so far this week, there is a football game to be played on Sunday. The game at University of Phoenix Stadium, site of next weekends Super Bowl, is sold out.Chris Carter and Michael Irvin are honorary captains and chose the players on their teams on Wednesday night, so it will be Team Carter vs. Team Irvin.Its the second time for this setup after the AFC vs. NFC format was scrapped.On Thursday, each team had a workout at the Air Force base east of Phoenix, with hundreds of soldiers and their families surrounding the football field. After each practice, the players signed autographs and posed for pictures with fans.Its an incredible scene, Harbaugh said. Its neat to be a part of it. We drove up and the place was ringed with military personnel and the fighter jets were taking off over the top of us. To me, thats what its all about, the sacrifices their families make all across this country to keep us safe and keep us free and give us a chance to play a big game like this and be a part of this. Thats America.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz