Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
douhua2233 Offline

29.09.2018 08:08
dged the adjustment fr Antworten

– When shortstop Xander Bogaerts is cranking out home runs Riley Nash Jersey , and crawling around to save runs, the Boston Red Sox know they are in good hands.

Bogaerts hit a tiebreaking home run in the sixth inning, and the Red Sox beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 on Thursday night for their fourth consecutive victory.

David Price (8-4) pitched seven inning of four-hit ball to earn his sixth victory over his past seven appearances. He gave up a run and struck out seven. Craig Kimbrel pitched a scoreless ninth to lock down his 22nd save, pitching around two inning-opening walks by striking out Kyle Seager and getting Ryon Healy to ground into a double play.

It was Boston’s major-league leading 48th win of the season, and snapped Seattle’s four-game winning streak.

”That was a pretty cool game, 2-1,” Red Sox manager Alex Cora said. ”That is a good team over there.”

Bogaerts certainly had a crucial impact. He homered with two outs in the sixth, hitting a 2-2 fastball from Felix Hernandez over the left-center field wall to give Boston a 2-1 lead. It was Bogaerts’ 10th home run of the season, matching his total from 2017.

It was an at-bat that certainly impressed his manager, given that Bogaerts had struck out against Hernandez in his first two at-bats.

”It seemed like he had no chance, honestly,” Cora said. ”He was swinging and missing. I think it was tough for him to see that ball when (Hernandez) was throwing the changeup.

”But he spread out and was trying to make contact. … And he gets a fastball, was short to it and he drilled it.”

Price was fantastic in outdueling Hernandez, who gave up both runs in seven innings, striking out six.

And after a slow first month, he has taken off. The zip has returned on his fastball, too, reaching 96 mph on Thursday.

”Velocity-wise Scottie Upshall Jersey , yeah (it was my best outing),” Price said. ”Command (wise), it was there, and then it wasn’t – and then it was there again. Whenever I really needed to make pitches tonight, I did.”

Price got a key out in the sixth inning in Seattle’s Jean Segura, the AL’s second-leading hitter at .347. The 11-pitch at-bat ended when Segura grounded a ball up the middle, but right to Bogaerts, who took it from his knees and crawled over to touch second base before throwing over to complete a double play.

”They made (big plays) tonight, and we didn’t,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said. ”We had to somehow come up with a big hit and we just didn’t get it.”

The Mariners tied it at 1-all in the bottom of the fifth on Guillermo Heredia’s sacrifice fly to left field. Boston grabbed a 1-0 lead on Jackie Bradley Jr.’s RBI double off Hernandez (6-6) in the second.

MARINERS PROSPECT FINISHES COMEBACK

Nearly a year ago, Seattle right-handed pitcher Rob Whalen walked away from baseball.

After a July 5 start for Triple-A Tacoma, Whalen left the team, citing issues with depression. Placed on the team’s restricted list, he didn’t return the rest of the season.

However, after rediscovering joy in life, which included his passion for baseball, Whalen nearly made the big-league ballclub out of spring training.

”I just wanted to come in and have fun, enjoy life and what I get to do for a living http://www.officialsharks.com/authentic-adidas-logan-couture-jersey ,” Whalen said.

It showed his minor-league numbers. Whalen was 7-3 with a 4.50 ERA pitching for Tacoma, and was promoted Thursday by the Mariners to pitch in long relief.

BRADLEY SHOWING SIGNS

Boston’s Jackie Bradley Jr. came into the game in an 0-for-15 slump over his last four games, and just 1 for 23 over the previous week.

Cora said no hitter in the final two games at Baltimore hit the baseball harder than Bradley. He just did not have a hit to show for it. He did drive in the game’s first run Thursday with a sharp double to right field.

”We do feel now he is in a great spot,” Cora said.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Red Sox: 2B Dustin Pedroia (left knee inflammation) is still not doing any baseball activity, although he did work out in the visiting clubhouse gym Thursday. … LHP Drew Pomeranz (left biceps tendinitis) played catch and is feeling better, Cora said. … RHP Tyler Thornburg (right shoulder) was scheduled to make a start Thursday for Triple-A Pawtucket as he makes his way back from thoracic outlet surgery.

Mariners: RHP Nick Vincent (strained right groin) continues to play catch every day, as he did before the game Thursday. It is uncertain when he will get back on the mound for a bullpen session. Servais said he is hopeful Vincent and RHP Juan Nicasio (right knee) will be able to return from the 10-day disabled list early in the team’s upcoming road trip, starting Tuesday in New York.

UP NEXT

Red Sox: RHP Rick Porcello (8-3, 3.54 ERA), the 2016 AL Cy Young Award winner, has gone six innings and given up two earned runs in each of his past three starts (two wins). This will be his 13th career start against the Mariners, and he is 3-1 with a 2.22 ERA at Safeco Field.

Mariners: LHP James Paxton (6-1, 3.02 ERA) is 5-0 with a 1.87 ERA since early May. Paxton is 2-0 with a 0.39 ERA against Boston, having given up just one earned run in 23 innings. He beat the Red Sox last July with seven scoreless innings.

— The fastest member of the Kansas City Chiefs was drafted in the fifth round a couple of years ago.

Second-fastest? He went in the sixth last spring.

Now, if defensive back Tremon Smith can perform anything like Tyreek Hill when he steps onto the field for the Chiefs’ preseason opener against Houston on Thursday night, general manager Brett Veach and coach Andy Reid will have hit on something special at a position of tremendous need.

“I’m curious to see how he does in the games,” Reid acknowledged. “He’s a talented kid.”

There are more similarities between Smith and Hill than just their draft stock.

Both were taken from small schools, though their routes there were very different. Smith was an overlooked-if-undervalued quarterback coming out of high school who landed at Central Arkansas because bigger schools were unwilling to give him a chance Youth Matt Duchene Jersey , while Hill began his career at Oklahoma State before a domestic violence incident landed him at West Alabama.

Both are dynamic special teams players. Smith has turned enough heads in camp that he could be the starting kick returner, while Hill remains one of the top punt returners in the league.

Then there’s that speed — that world-class, can’t-catch-me speed.

The kind that terrifies opposing coaches.

“He’s a cheetah, so we can’t even compare. I stay in my line,” Smith said with a smile and a shake of his dreadlocked head. “Maybe I’m a lion, a lion is pretty fast. Of course it’s not a cheetah but I’m a little heavier. Lion is more dangerous though.”

The numbers bear it out. When Hill was preparing for the 2016 draft, he ran a 4.24-second 40-yard dash at his college pro day. Smith was clocked at 4.38 at his pro day in March.

Either way, that’s some serious speed.

The popular Madden video game even acknowledged Hill’s wheels this year, when it granted him a 98 on its 1-to-100 scale for speed, making him the league’s fastest player.

“Only 98? I mean, I’m happy being the fastest but I feel like I was supposed to have 100,” Hill said. “Devin Hester had 100 and I’m faster than Devin Hester.”

Speaking of Hester, the longtime Bears special teams dynamo, he’s one of several players Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub has been showing Smith on video. Toub also tutored Hester in Chicago and thinks Smith has the instincts and, yes, top-end speed to have a similar impact.

“Tremon, he’s really coming on as a corner, but we’re also developing him as a kick returner Darren Helm Jersey ,” Toub said. “The way he catches the ball and gets to the top speed so fast, it’s pretty impressive.”

The Chiefs were taking a flier on Smith by selecting him in the sixth round, clearly reasoning his speed alone made him a worthwhile gamble. But he’s also turned some heads on defense, working his way into the mix with the second team at a position that could be crucial to Kansas City’s success.

The Chiefs are breaking in all new starters at that position, and while David Amerson, Kendall Fuller and Steven Nelson are the front-runners, it could be hard to keep Smith off the field.

“I think he’s going to be a really interesting guy there,” defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said.

That shouldn’t necessarily come as a surprise. Smith picked off 15 passes over four years at Central Arkansas, even though teams rarely threw his direction. He also held his own against Power Five schools, picking off a pass against Oklahoma State in 2015 and leading Central Arkansas in tackles against Kansas State — his team’s only loss before the FCS playoffs last season.

Smith acknowledged the adjustment from a small school was tough. He was star struck walking into the locker room and seeing safety Eric Berry for the first time, and the size of the playbook and the nuances that come with an NFL defense represented a whole new world.

No problem, though. Smith is getting up to speed.

As you’d expect, he’s doing it fast.

NOTES: LBs Reggie Ragland (knee) and Anthony Hitchens (hamstring) took part in some of Monday’s practice, working together for the first time in camp. … WR Sammy Watkins left practice early with a hip issue, though the extent of it is unclear. OL Dillon Gordon left with a shoulder injury.

Youth Cleveland Browns Jerseys

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz