Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
douhua2233 Offline

29.09.2018 08:14
eporters for abo Antworten

The more skepticism LeSean McCoy hears about whether he can maintain his production after turning 30 Tobias Rieder Jersey , the better the Buffalo running back feels.

McCoy is using the questions as motivation in preparing to open his 10th NFL season on Sunday, when the Bills play at Baltimore.

"People take a lot of shots at running backs, 30 years old," McCoy said Wednesday. "So it's like something extra to drive me. If it's chasing different things, yardage, wins, you name it. Whatever it is, I'm always going to try to find something to get myself going."

Little has managed to slow him down yet.

And that includes the cloud of allegations directed at McCoy stemming from his former girlfriend, Delicia Cordon, being bloodied during a home invasion on July 10 at a residence the running back owns in suburban Atlanta. Police have not identified a suspect.

Cordon filed a lawsuit last month accusing McCoy of breaching his duty to protect her by denying her access to a security system he recently had installed. She also alleged McCoy often "brutally beat his dog," and would also "aggressively, physically discipline and beat his young son."

In his first comments since the lawsuit was filed Youth Christian Djoos Jersey , McCoy would only say, "I'll take care of that stuff," before adding he's focused solely on playing the Ravens.

He was in an upbeat mood during a near 10-minute news conference. That was a switch from the last time McCoy spoke to reporters on the opening day of training camp in July, when he grew frustrated over questions regarding the home invasion.

On Wednesday, McCoy was honored in being named an offensive captain following a player vote.

McCoy expressed no concerns over whether he can continue being the focal point of a retooled offense breaking in a new quarterback, former backup Nathan Peterman, features a patchwork line and lacks proven threats beyond him and receiver Kelvin Benjamin.

He's used to the role of carrying the load.

"To be honest, that's always been my thing since my third year," said McCoy, who led the NFL in yards rushing in 2013 in his fifth season in Philadelphia. "I've always been the focal guy on offense."

McCoy is coming off a season in which he had 1,138 yards rushing 鈥?the fifth-highest total of his career 鈥?and 448 yards receiving and eight touchdowns and became the NFL's 30th player to top 10,000 yards rushing. With 10 Antti Niemi Jersey ,092 yards rushing, he ranks 29th and is some 1,900 short reaching his objective of 12,000.

The number is significant to McCoy because 13 of the 16 players to reach 12,000 yards rushing have been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Former Indianapolis running back Edgerrin James (12,246 yards rushing) is one of the players not enshrined, while the other two are still active: Miami's Frank Gore (14,026) and Washington's Adrian Peterson (12,276).

McCoy's age is not an issue for coach Sean McDermott.

"Whatever we need to do to win games, that's what we'll do," he said when asked about potentially limiting McCoy's playing time.

"I get where you're going with the age, and that's usually tied to running backs Jeff Skinner Jersey , age 30, and all that. But he's a special guy," McDermott added. "I think he's a healthy 30. To me, he looks like he's in better shape this year than he was a year ago."

Time will only tell.

A sore groin and hip limited McCoy to appearing in just one preseason game, a 19-17 win at Cleveland on Aug 18, in which he acknowledged feeling rusty in managing 11 yards on four carries.

"I didn't play well, but that's kind of my norm in preseason," said McCoy, who added he feels ready for the start of the season.

Another concern is though he topped 1,000 yards rushing for a sixth time last season, McCoy averaged a career-worst 4.0 yards per carry.

McCoy shrugged off a question by saying production numbers can vary. What matters most is the respect he continues to draw from opposing defensive coordinators in devising ways to stop him.

"Having a 4.0 a carry is one thing," McCoy said. "But every week it's no secret. The defense knows the game plan and what they've got to do to stop me."

NOTES: DT Kyle Williams (right knee) and DE Trent Murphy (groin) were not listed on Buffalo's injury report after both missed significant time during training camp. ... WR Ray-Ray McCloud (left knee) and LB Julian Stanford (nose) were Buffalo's only two players listed as not practicing.

The Latest on the canceled White House visit for the Super Bowl champion Eagles (all times local):

4 p.m.

Eagles players and officials made individual decisions to not go to the White House for a scheduled celebration of their Super Bowl title Rod Brind'Amour Jersey , leaving two players actually planning to make the trip to Washington before the visit was canceled by President Donald Trump, according to players and a person familiar with the arrangements.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity Wednesday because of the sensitivity of the issues.

All-Pro center Jason Kelce said players filled out forms anonymously indicating whether they wanted to go to the White House, not make the trip or go to Washington and do something else.

The players did not urge a collective decision on what to do as a team, giving each player his own option of whether to take the trip.

Defensive end Chris Long, who skipped the trip last year with the New England Patriots and wasn't planning to go again, said he hopes athletes on championship teams in all sports won't have to make the decision in a couple years when Trump's term is up.

11 a.m.

Eagles coach Doug Pederson says he was looking forward to going to the White House to be recognized as Super Bowl champions but he wouldn't further discuss a visit that was canceled by President Donald Trump.

Pederson spoke to reporters for about eight minutes on Wednesday before the team held one of its scheduled practices and repeatedly made clear he didn't want to discuss details of the trip's breakdown. He declined to provide information on how things escalated to the White House accusing players of abandoning their fans by deciding to not attend.

Trump rescinded his invitation late Monday and instead turned the ceremony for the Eagles on Tuesday into his own brief "Celebration of America" after it became clear most players weren't going to show up. Trump tied the dispute to his criticism of players who have kneeled during the national anthem to protest racism and police brutality, even though no Eagles players kneeled for the song during the 2017 season.

Pederson says the team is united and plans to move on from the issue.

Cincinnati Bengals Elite Jerseys

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz