Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 Vorstellung
Dogcat250 Offline

21.01.2019 02:31
Browns have a date to name Antworten

CLEVELAND -- Finally, at long last, the Browns have a date to name their quarterback. Decision day is Tuesday for Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel. Thats when Browns coach Mike Pettine aims to announce his starter for Clevelands Sept. 7 opener at Pittsburgh. His choice could be influenced by how the quarterbacks play in Monday nights nationally televised exhibition at Washington. "Something unforeseen could come up, but were hopeful because I do want to see if I can cut the quarterback questions down by about 90 per cent after next week," said Pettine, a first-year coach who for months has faced questions about his quarterbacks. "The chemistry, the continuity, its important to establish that." On Thursday, Pettine said Hoyer will start against the Redskins on Monday night, with Manziel getting snaps with the first-team offence. Pettine isnt sure how hell divide their time and will see how the game unfolds before determining when each is on the field. His focus is making sure the "reps are close to equal." Pettine also made it clear no decision has been made. "All of our options are still on the table," he said. Does that mean Manziel, the popular rookie who helped the Browns draw record crowds to training camp, can still win the job? "Sure he can," Pettine said. "All of our options are still on the table. He just needs to go out and play, thats the bottom line. They both do. Ive met with both of them and discussed the situation and theyre both comfortable with it and they both know its going to be up to them, when theyre out there, to go out and do their job." As he has stated for months, Pettine will choose the quarterback he feels gives the Browns their best chance to beat their bitter rivals. "Youre looking for the total package -- the quarterback who is best suited to take the field and lead us to a win against the Steelers," Pettine said. "Thats the bottom line decision we have to make. There will be a lot of things going into it." Pettine said he will consult with offensive co-ordinator Kyle Shanahan, quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains and maybe "another guy or two in there." General manager Ray Farmer will be there "to listen and observe." Hoyer started Clevelands preseason opener at Detroit, with Manziel playing exclusively with the backups. Pettine isnt disappointed with the way the quarterbacks have played or that one hasnt taken off and separated from the other to make the decision easier. "They both started camp at a certain point and theyve both made improvement," he said. "I think theyve both made big strides. When you look at it, I feel like were in a good position, we have two quarterbacks that we feel have NFL starter ability, which is why its a difficult decision." Whatever decision is made, Pettine knows its far from permanent. "So much can change over the course of an NFL season, the circumstances," he said. "Thats one position where you probably have to have a little more patience that others whether a guy is not performing at a level you think he can. I dont want whoever the starter is to feel like If I make one mistake, Im out. I dont want them to feel like, Hey, Ive achieved something and this is my team for the year." Pettine would not confirm or deny a report Manziel was late to a team meeting this week. "Thats internal business," he said. "Im not going to discuss stuff that happens. We like to keep stuff in the family." NOTES: After being "tagged" by the Ravens and Jets, Pettine and several players took the ALS "ice bucket challenge" following practice. Manziel had two buckets dumped on him. ... Pettine also had a comment for New York coach Rex Ryan, saying, "Rex, I know you want to punch me in the face. Anytime you want to go toe to toe, you know where to find me." ... CB Buster Skrine injured a thumb during practice. Pettine had not yet met with the training staff to know the seriousness. .... Pettine said DL Desmond Bryant (wrist) is waiting for a second medical opinion. ... WR Josh Gordon, awaiting word on his appeal with the NFL, has "a chance" to play against the Redskins. ... WR Nate Burleson will likely sit out Monday night. ... TE Jordan Cameron has been cleared to play. Mike Nugent Jersey . Those who impressed in each of the three events were asked to attend the main CFL Combine which begins Friday in Toronto. P.J. Hall Jersey . There, I saw a teenaged boy with tears in his eyes, being consoled by strength and conditioning coach Randy Lee. http://www.officialoaklandraidersfootbal...n-jersey-womens. And thats good news for Canada. Kelly, who plays No. 8 at the back of the scrum, is captain of the Canadian womens team. Ted Hendricks Jersey . Hazard lasted just 18 minutes in Tuesdays contest before being substituted with the calf problem, and Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes he will be without his star winger for at least the next two weeks. Emmanuel Lamur Jersey . It was a loss. But it was also a learning experience. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson had 24 points each to lift Brooklyn to a 94-87 win over the Raptors, making their first playoff appearance since 08. "I thought we played a little bit as expected as it is our first playoff game," Toronto coach Dwane Casey said.Detroit, MI (SportsNetwork.com) - Matt Prater hit a late field goal to give the Detroit Lions a 16-14 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday in a tough NFC North matchup. Matthew Stafford went 17-for-28 for 153 yards and a touchdown, while Joique Bell totaled 103 combined yards for the Lions (10-4), who moved into a tie with Green Bay for first place in the NFC North thanks to their third win in a row. The Packers lost to the Bills earlier on Sunday, and the Lions currently hold the tiebreaker thanks to a win at home against the Packers in Week 3. Detroit and Green Bay both play on the road next week before they meet up in Green Bay on the final week of the season. Were not taking any game for granted, any play for granted, Stafford said. Its not going to be pristine every time, but were going to fight tooth and nail for wins and that showed up again today. Teddy Bridgewater went 31-for-41 for 315 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions for the Vikings (6-8), who had won their previous two coming into the game. Trailing by four, the Lions cut into their deficit on their first touch of the second half, as a 13-play, 74-yard drive was finished off by a 30-yard field goal by Prater. Pass catches of 18 yards from Calvin Johnson and 17 yards by Bell accounted for a large chunk of the yards. Minnesota came back with a long drive that covered 75 yards over 18 plays and ate up 11 minutes, but the team came away empty as Blair Walshs 26-yard field goal was blocked by Jason Jones. Detroit then went on the drive that won the team the game, as Eric Ebron caught a pass for 11 yards and Bell followed with a 15-yard run. Johnson then caught a pass for 23 yards, and the team gained 16 more yards to set up Praters 33-yard field goal for a 16-14 lead with 3:38 to play. Minnesota got the ball back near midfield thanks to a big return from Cordarrelle Patterson, but Patterson fell on a fourth down passing play to give the ball back to Detroit. The Vikings forced a punnt and got the ball back with 45 seconds, but they were only able to get to midfield and Walshs 68-yard field goal attempt fell well short to end the game.dddddddddddd. We led almost all the way, but we cant turn the ball over twice and we cant miss field goals, Bridgewater said. Were just going to continue to try to get better. Walsh missed a 53-yard field goal on Minnesotas first possession, and the next three possessions ended in punts before the Vikings put points on the board. Starting at his own 16, Bridgewater found Charles Johnson for 20 yards and later hit Greg Jennings for 26 yards, which Detroit unsuccessfully challenged. On 2nd-and-goal at the 2, Matt Asiata bulled his way in to give the Vikings a 7-0 lead late in the first quarter. After a short possession from Detroit, Bridgewater and Johnson got together for a 40-yard play to get into Detroit territory. On 1st-and-goal at the 8, Bridgewater found Jennings in the flat for a score and a 14-0 lead. Another brief touch by the Lions saw the Vikings get the ball back, but Glover Quin came up with an interception and brought the ball down to the Minnesota 11. Two plays later, Stafford got the ball to Golden Tate and he took it in from seven yards out to make it a 14-7 game with 3:42 to play in the half. Bridgewaters second interception, this one from Darius Slay, gave the Lions the ball back at the Minnesota 32, and Prater hit a 29-yard field goal at time expired to make it a 14-10 game at the break. Game Notes Detroit has at least one interception in 11 straight games ... Bell had 62 yards on 15 carries, and 41 yards on four catches ... Tate finished the game with seven catches for 38 yards and the score, while Johnson had four catches for 53 yards ... Kyle Rudolph led Minnesota receivers with seven catches for 69 yards ... Detroit plays at Chicago next week ... Minnesota plays at Miami next week ... Detroit is 4-0 in division play this year, while Minnesota is 0-5. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz