Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

20.04.2019 03:09
the International Trade Union Confederation called Antworten

Qatar sought to allay widespread concerns about conditions for migrant workers on World Cup building projects by detailing on Tuesday how their rights must be protected by contractors. Rights group Amnesty International called the charter a "positive, if partial" step, but the International Trade Union Confederation called it a "sham," and complained that 2022 World Cup leaders have not demanded changes in Qatars labour laws despite mounting criticism from rights groups. Qatari organizers released the charter after being ordered by FIFA to explain by this week how working and living conditions for workers building the venues for the Middle Easts first World Cup are improving. The 50-page document fleshes out the basic welfare obligations that were published last year. Within it are the requirements for employment contracts, payment, medical care and living conditions, including the meals and bedrooms that must be provided. Employers must also allow workers to retain their passports and cover the cost of their costs to return home at the end of their contract. "In our experience enforcement (of the standards) is almost always the stumbling block," Amnesty researcher James Lynch said in a statement. Lynch stressed that only a "relatively small proportion" of workers are covered by the charter. Only companies building World Cup venues must abide by it, rather than those with government contracts for the wider infrastructure projects that are required to handle an influx of players, fans and media. Just 38 construction workers are currently employed by World Cup organizers, building the Al Wakrah Stadium south of the capital Doha. The labour force will rapidly rise as a dozen stadiums and training camps for the 32 competing teams are built from scratch or renovated. The International Trade Union Confederation is troubled by the charters failure to address the sweltering summer working conditions when temperatures can hit 50 degrees (120F). "It promises health and safety but provides no credible enforcement," ITUC General Secretary Sharan Burrow said. "It promises employment standards but gives migrant workers no rights to collectively bargain or join a trade union. It promises equality but does not provide a guarantee of a minimum wage." The ITUC is urging the Qatari government to abolish the "kafala" employment system, which stops workers from leaving the country without written permission from employers. FIFA executive committee member Theo Zwanziger, who is working with the ITUC to resolve concerns about Qatar, will face questioning on their progress at the European Parliament in Brussels on Thursday. Hassan Al Thawadi, secretary general of the World Cup organizing committee, insisted that the tournament will be a catalyst for change in Qatar. "(It) will leave a legacy of enhanced, sustainable and meaningful progress in regards to worker welfare across the country," Al Thawadi said. Jaromir Jagr Jersey .C. Lions. The clubs former starting quarterback, assistant and head coach returned Thursday as its receivers coach. Custom Boston Bruins Jerseys . The German has taken the pole for three straight races -- winning the first two. Hes aiming for a third consecutive win at the Yeongam circuit and, most importantly, a fourth consecutive F1 championship. http://www.bruinsstore.com/authentic-gerry-cheevers-bruins-jersey/ . The actual winners on transfer deadline day are those clubs such as Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City who were well prepared and managed to get their main incoming business done well ahead of the transfer window closing. Tottenham were able to add seven players by spending over 100 million pounds and also ensured maximum return for the Gareth Bale transfer to Real Madrid by managing the move superbly. Derek Sanderson Jersey . -- C.J. Wilson parked his car and laughed while signing autographs for faceless fans who handed bats, balls and cards to the pitcher from the other side of a brick wall. Adam Oates Jersey ." One game is checked off, 15 remain and the next one to get crossed out could come Tuesday night when the defending champion Heat host the Milwaukee Bucks in Game 2 of their Eastern Conference playoff series. MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- Karen Paolozzi became the second female player to make the cut in the PGA Professional National Championship, and University of Toledo coach Jamie Broce took the second-round lead in windy conditions Monday. Playing from tees in front of the men, Paolozzi followed her opening 75 at Grande Dunes with a 71 at The Dunes -- the site of the final two rounds -- to move into a tie for 31st at 2 over. Suzy Whaley was the first women to make the cut in 2005 at Kiawah Island. A former Indiana University player, the 31-year-old Paolozzi is a PGA assistant professional at Druid Hills in Atlanta. "This is exactly what my goal was," Paolozzi said. "I wanted to make the cut. I wanted to come here and play well. I was a little disappointed after yesterday, but I knew if I put in a solid round today, I had a chance." The 37-year-old Broce had an even-par 72 at Grande Dunes to take a one-stroke lead over Ryan Helminen. Broce had a 4-under 140 total. "Yestterday, the conditions were a little more benign, but today was a lot different.dddddddddddd The wind kept you uneasy," Broce said. "I just got into a plan to hang in there and survive. I got away with a couple bad swings and was able to come back. I just plan to have fun and play golf the next two days and see what happens." Helminen, the PGA teaching professional at Ridgeway in Neenan, Wisconsin, overcame double bogeys on his fifth and sixth holes at Grande Dunes for a 73. "I got a lot out of that round," Helminen said. "When youre 5 over through six holes and going the wrong way and you make a birdie and some par-saving putts, it lifts your spirits." The top 20 Wednesday will get spots in the PGA Championship in August at Valhalla in Louisville, Kentucky. Paolozzi isnt eligible to earn a spot in the PGA Championship because she didnt play from the mens tees last fall when she qualified in the Northern Ohio PGA Section Championship. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz