Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

12.08.2019 03:38
in Sydney, and gave Iran the opportunity to prod Antworten

SYDNEY - The Asian Football Confederation has dismissed a protest from Iran over its quarterfinal loss to Iraq in the continental championship, saying the complaint over the eligibility of Alaa Abdulzehra was unfounded.The AFC disciplinary committee held an emergency meeting Sunday, on the eve of the Asian Cup semifinal between South Korea and Iraq in Sydney, and gave Iran the opportunity to produce evidence to support its claim that Abdulzehra should have been disqualified for the quarterfinals last Friday due to an alleged doping infraction while he played for Tractor Sazi last year in in the Iranian domestic league.The disciplinary committee heard oral evidence from two (Iran) officials, deliberated the matter based on its merits, and decided that the protest was unfounded, the AFC said in a statement. The protest was, therefore, dismissed.In a dramatic quarterfinal match, Iran twice scored equalizers in extra time to force a draw before losing 7-6 in a penalty shootout to the 2007 Asian Cup champions.Abdulzehra denied he was subject to any doping sanctions, and Iraqi football federation chief Abdul Khaliq Masood said the midfielders position in the team shouldnt be in dispute.When (Iran) filed the objection we knew our position and the player position is correct, Masood said. Alaa Abdulzehra does not have any punishment from FIFA or the Asian federation. This allegation I think is not correct, because if he have any punishment they should (have) sent us a letter with his international card and mentioned that the player (was) being punished, and the reason for the punishment.Abdulzehra denied using any banned performance-enhancing substances, and said the Iranians were looking for excuses for their quarterfinal loss.This case should not be raised. Since I started playing football I dont have any issue like this, I never drink anything illegal, and if I need to take any (medication) I always ask the team doctor, he said. The Iranian team should be better than that. If a team cant beat you on the pitch, it should not try to find other excuses.FIFA declined to comment on the case, saying it was under the AFCs jurisdiction. Rose Lavelle Jersey .C. Lions. The clubs former starting quarterback, assistant and head coach returned Thursday as its receivers coach. Ashlyn Harris Jersey . The Packers, Lions and Bears were a combined 35-15 and as long as Jay Cutler can say healthy, all three could make the playoffs in 2012. http://www.officialsocceruswntshop.com/christen-press-usa-jersey/ . -- Jonathan Vilmas season is over and his future on the football field is in doubt. Becky Sauerbrunn USA Jersey . Scheffler told The Associated Press on Wednesday he made the choice because he had three concussions over the past four years. Sydney Leroux Jersey . Mako Vunipola was promoted from the reserves, with Matt Mullan called up to the bench on Thursday. "It is important that Joe is with his partner at this exciting time," England coach Stuart Lancaster said.LOS ANGELES -- Steve Stricker is likely to miss the Match Play Championship next week because his older brother is awaiting a liver transplant at home in Wisconsin. Stricker said his 50-year-old brother, Scott Stricker, has been in the hospital since Jan. 6 and was transferred to the intensive care unit three weeks ago. Stricker said his brother has a history of health problems, but took a sudden turn for the worse after the holidays. "Hes walking a tightrope is what theyre telling me," Stricker said Tuesday after his daily visit to the hospital. "He needs a liver. Hes holding his own, but this cant last forever. Hopefully, we get one soon." He said the family thought his brother had a liver donor over the weekend, but the timing didnt work out. Stricker said his brother caddied for him when he qualified for the Canadian Tour in 1989, and soon after had colitis that turned into Crohns disease. Scott Stricker had emergency surgery last Thursday, and Stricker said he has been stable since then. If he were to miss the Match Play Championship that would mean four of the top 12 players in the world rannking are not in the 64-man field at Dove Mountain.dddddddddddd Tiger Woods, Adam Scott and Phil Mickelson already have said they would not play. Stricker won the Match Play in 2001 in Australia, and he reached the quarterfinals a year ago. He has not officially withdrawn -- players have until Friday to commit -- but said it was not looking good for him to play. "I was going to leave today to go to Phoenix for a few days, but thats not going to happen," he said. "Its going to be a long shot if I come and play. Im practicing every day, but in the back of my mind, I feel like Im not going to be there -- unless something happens rather quickly, and they say it can. But if one comes available, I wanted to be around for the surgery." Stricker has competed only once since the Presidents Cup last October -- he played the unofficial World Challenge the first week in December -- though he said he played a few rounds in Naples, Fla., after the holidays. Last year he began a limited schedule to be at home more often. Stricker played only 13 times last year and finished No. 3 in the FedEx Cup. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz