Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Überregionales
Dogcat250 Offline

12.08.2019 03:40
was sent packing by rising Bulgarian sta Antworten

London, England - Top seed Novak Djokovic needed all five sets to win his quarterfinal match, while seven-time champion Roger Federer advanced in four and defending titlist Andy Murray was sent packing by rising Bulgarian star Grigor Dimitrov in straights Wednesday at Wimbledon. The former champion and 2013 runner-up Djokovic trailed two-sets-to-one against 26th-seeded Croat Marin Cilic before turning things around for a 6-1, 3-6, 6-7 (4-7), 6-2, 6-2 decision on the No. 1 Court. The French Open runner-up Djokovic will meet Dimitrov in Fridays semifinals at the All England Club. It will mark the Serbian stars sixth final-four appearance at Wimbledon, where he titled in 2011 and lost to Murray in last years finale. Djokovic snuck past Cilic in 3 hours, 38 minutes with the help seven service breaks and six double faults by his Croatian counterpart. The Serb moved on despite striking 10 fewer winners (42-32) than Cilic, who had 16 more unforced errors (48-32) on Day 9. The 6-foot-6 Cilic played in his fourth career major quarterfinal (1-3) and his first one since the 2012 U.S. Open. The 27-year-old Djokovic is a six-time Grand Slam champion who has appeared in 11 of the last 15 major finals. He would replace Rafael Nadal atop the mens rankings with a title this weekend. Meanwhile, the 11th-seeded Dimitrov leveled the third-seeded Murray 6-1, 7-6 (7-4), 6-2 and the fourth-seeded former No. 1 great Federer overcame Australian Open champ and fifth-seeded fellow Swiss Stan Wawrinka 3-6, 7-6 (7-5), 6-4, 6-4 on the famed Centre Court. Dimitrovs serve was just too tough to deal with on Day 9, as the Bulgarian popped 10 aces and was broken only once en route to a convincing victory over Murray. The gifted star used plenty of variety, with topspin, volleys and a beautiful one-handed backhand to advance. The 27-year-old two-time Grand Slam winner Murray succumbed in 1 hour, 40 minutes by tallying five double faults and striking 19 more unforced errors (37-18) than his Bulgarian counterpart. Murray had won his last 17 matches at the All England Club, as he captured an Olympic gold medal here in 2012 and gave Britain its first male Wimbledon singles champion in 77 years last year. He was also a Wimbledon runner-up in 2012. The 23-year-old Dimitrov, once nicknamed "Baby Fed," will now appear in his first-ever Grand Slam semifinal. He was a quarterfinalist at this years Aussie Open. "Im excited and happy I went through in straight sets," Dimitrov told BBC television. "Its never easy to play Andy, especially in front of his home crowd. I was pretty fortunate today. "As soon as we started warming up, I sensed his game wasnt at his highest level and I was pretty confident and playing good tennis. The first set helped me get into a good rhythm. The second set tiebreak was a key moment for me. Coming into the third set, I knew I had a lot of things under control. "I was pretty steady during the whole match and came out the winner. I have two more matches to play hopefully. Im trying to stay on course and prepare for the next one." Dimitrov captured his first-ever grass-court title at Londons Queens Club three weeks ago and is an unblemished 9-0 on grass this year. Federer, meanwhile, improved to 14-2 lifetime against his good friend Wawrinka after dropping the first set on Wednesday. The mighty Federer righted the ship by winning the second-set tiebreak and would assume control from there. The Swiss icon moved on in 2 hours, 33 minutes with 10 aces and two breaks against Wawrinka, who settled for only one break against the all-time great. Wawrinka was playing in his first-ever Wimbledon quarterfinal and slowed by some physical issues over the last three sets. The 17-time Grand Slam king Federer is now 72-8 at Wimbledon, which includes a 2008 runner-up finish in addition to his seven championships. Hell now appear in his ninth Wimbledon semifinal and 35th career major semi. The 32-year-old Federer now awaits a young gun in either Canadian Milos Raonic or Aussie Nick Kyrgios, who stunned Nadal on Tuesday. Shaquille ONeal Jersey . Jim Leyland, in his eighth playoffs, has never had a starting rotation he trusts as much as the grouping of Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez and Doug Fister. Dan Majerle Jersey . With one week left in the regular season, Cornish - voted The Toughest Player To Bring Down - is a leading candidate for the CFLs Most Outstanding Player award. He has rushed for 1,799 yards and could break Willie Burdens club record for rushing yards in a single season with a 98-yard performance against the B. http://www.officialsunsfanstore.com/shaquille-oneal-suns-jersey/ . Eller scored the midway through the third period after Dallas scored twice to tie it, leading Canadiens to a 6-4 win over the Stars on Thursday night. Charles Barkley Jersey . The 17-time Grand Slam champion, who lose three straight finals in Monte Carlo to Rafael Nadal from 2006-08, has not played in the tournament since 2011, when he lost to Jurgen Melzer in the quarterfinals. Devin Booker Suns Jersey . Hernandez (3-0) struck out 11 and shut down Oakland for the second time in a week, becoming the first Mariners pitcher to win three times in the first nine games of a season. With the usual "Kings Court" for Hernandez home starts expanded to a "Supreme Court" encompassing the entire stadium with yellow shirts and "K" cards, Hernandez gave up four hits in the 28th double-digit strikeout game of his career. CHICAGO -- With nine-tenths of a second left, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau drew up a play for Taj Gibson. He told the athletic forward to attack the basket and use his left hand. Done, and done. Gibson got a nice bounce pass from Mike Dunleavy and made a lefty layup at the buzzer in overtime, lifting Chicago to a 102-100 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday night. "You dont have a lot of time in that situation. It is a quick read," Thibodeau said. "Dunleavy made a great play on it and Taj obviously. But we needed everyone to sell the play. We had good fortune on it." Dunleavy had to inbound from underneath the basket and found Gibson cutting down the middle. He then muscled toward the hoop for the winning basket, which was confirmed by a video review by the officials. "It was a good play," Lakers coach Mike DAntoni said. "It was designed well and they executed well. We played baseline and didnt slide over." Gibson said it was his first winning buzzer-beater at any level. "They always crack jokes on me in practice about trying to use my left and today I proved them wrong," a grinning Gibson said. Joakim Noah had 17 points, 21 rebounds and six assists for Chicago (20-20), which has won eight of 10 to get back to .500 for the first time since Nov. 27. D.J. Augustin had a season-high 27 points, and Jimmy Butler finished with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Nick Young had 31 points for the Lakers (16-26), including a tying baseline jumper with 6 seconds left in overtime. The streaky sub also made three free throws with 4.1 seconds left in regulation, tying it at 93. "Its heartbreaking," Young said. "We both fought hard today, but we felt like we were competing and was in it. Thats all we can ask for. I dont think any of us wanted to do another overtime. But if we had to, we would have." The Lakers were coming off a 112-106 victory at Toronto on Sunday. They also played Friday night at Boston, winning 107-104 to stop a six-game slide. Even with such little rest, the Lakers managed to score the first five points in overtime. But Augustin led the Bulls right back, driving for a layup that gave Chicago a 100-98 lead with 1:30 left. Augustin had to shoulder the load at the point after Kirk Hinrich departed in the third with a right hamstring injury. "We like to close games with D.J. and Kirk," Thibodeau said. "That allows youu to bring D.ddddddddddddJ. off some catch-and-shoot things and into the pick and roll. We didnt have that option so we had to go to some other things." Pau Gasol had 20 points and 19 rebounds for Los Angeles, and Jodie Meeks added 16 points and seven assists. The Lakers visit to Chicago had none of the usual lustre that had been a staple of the games between two of the NBAs most successful franchises over the years. The best players on each team are sidelined by serious injuries, making it next to impossible for Los Angeles to keep up in the loaded Western Conference and casting doubt on Chicagos goal of winning the title. Los Angeles is playing without star guards Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, the headliners of a long list of injuries for the Lakers, especially in the backcourt. Bryant broke a bone in his left knee Dec. 17 at Memphis, and Nash is out with a back problem. "Just been riding the bike, trying to stay in shape that way," Bryant said before the game. "Not much I can really do in terms of running and things of that nature. Mainly just focused on doing bike work." While Bryant and Nash could return in the next couple of weeks, the Bulls will play the rest of the season without star point guard Derrick Rose. The 2011 NBA MVP had surgery on Nov. 25 after he tore the medial meniscus in his right knee in a game at Portland. Chicago also traded All-Star Luol Deng to Cleveland on Jan. 7 for draft picks and Andrew Bynum, and then promptly waived the enigmatic centre in a salary dump. With Bryant watching from the sideline, the Lakers rallied after a slow start. Young had 13 of his 17 first-half points in the second quarter as Los Angeles erased a five-point deficit on their way to a 52-49 lead at the break. Noah had 11 points and 10 rebounds at halftime, continuing a career-best run that could lead to a second straight All-Star appearance for the post player. He has grabbed at least 10 boards in 13 straight games for the franchises longest streak since Tyson Chandler also had a 13-game run during the 2006-07 season. "I just want to help this team win," Noah said. NOTES: Lakers swingman Xavier Henry (right knee bone bruise) could return soon. He is expected to step up his rehab work when the Lakers practice Wednesday in Miami. ... The Bulls announced earlier in the day that they had re-signed F Cartier Martin to a second 10-day contract. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz