Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

15.09.2019 02:48
on slowly but surely. Antworten

LONDON -- For 2 1/2 hours, Venus Williams traded big serves and hard groundstrokes with Petra Kvitova on Centre Court. Williams was playing with some of the power and pace that had brought her five Wimbledon titles. But when it was over, she was left with a sense of disappointment. "The battle is always a little more enjoyable when you win," Williams said Friday after coming within two points of victory but losing 5-7, 7-6 (2), 7-5 to Kvitova, the 2011 champion. All four of their previous meetings went to three sets and this one was no different, with plenty of suspense, intensity, and only a few break points. Williams looked stronger early in the match and was up 5-4, 15-30 on Kvitovas serve, in the second set. But the Czech came up with some big serves, held and won the second set tiebreaker. The players then held serve for the first 11 games of the third set before Kvitova broke No. 30 Williams for the first time in the last game. "Its a shame there had to be a loser in this match and more of a shame that it had to be me," Williams said. Despite the loss, Williams had reasons to feel positive about her week in London. At the age of 34, she has been playing well this season, winning a title in Dubai and reaching the final in Auckland and Miami. This week, she got to the third round at a Grand Slam tournament for only the second time in her past 10 appearances. After her battle with Kvitova, she reiterated that retirement is not in her plans. More than that, Williams still believes in her ability to add to her total of seven Grand Slams. "People have been trying to retire me since I was like 25. For some reason in tennis we always do that to our players. Its weird," said Williams, who disclosed three years ago that she was diagnosed with an energy-sapping autoimmune disease. "We dont encourage them to stick around," she added. "Its like, Get out of here. So Im not getting out of here. I think this year has been a great year for me. Ive had some tough losses, but Ive learned a lot from them. Im finding my way back on my feet. Im proud of myself for what Im achieving on the court." The former No. 1 is next scheduled to play in Cincinnati and Montreal. She said she might add more tournaments to her summer schedule to keep improving her game. "So that way Ill just have a chance, when its really time to play good tennis, I would have had those matches under my belt," she said. Eliaquim Mangala Jersey . Wheeler said Kane was just making a joke that was misunderstood and misinterpreted by "Winnipeg folks" and the media once again. Wheeler repeated that he believes Kane is a player who has the ability to help the Jets get to the next level as they try once again to reach the playoffs in 2014. He made the comments initially in an interview, when asked how the Jets could compete in the Central Division with teams that have made some high-profile off-season signings. Daniel Grimshaw Manchester City Jersey .com) - Brad Stuart has yet to play a regular-season game for the Colorado Avalanche, but that didnt deter the club from signing the veteran defenseman to a two-year contract extension on Monday. http://www.authenticmanchestercityshop.c...er-City-Jersey/. -- Former Penn State coach Joe Paterno was admitted to the hospital Friday for observation due to minor complications from cancer treatments, his family said. Ilkay Gundogan Manchester City Jersey . Tennis Australia chief executive Craig Tiley told local media in comments published Wednesday that John Tomic would not be allowed into Melbourne Park in any official capacity or as a spectator. Kevin De Bruyne Manchester City Jersey . Ortiz hit a pair of two-run homers, including his 400th shot in a Red Sox uniform, and drove in a career high-tying six runs to power Boston past the Houston Astros 10-7 on Saturday night.VANCOUVER -- Darren Mattocks hard-luck season has taken a turn for the better. Having recovered from knee surgery, the speedy striker is slated to return to the Vancouver Whitecaps lineup Saturday as they visit the Colorado Rapids. "Talking to the trainers and the coaching staff on what Ive maintained, I think Im ready to go," said Mattocks after practice Tuesday at the University of British Columbia. Mattocks resumed training with the club this week after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery last month. The knee bothered him after a game against the Chicago Fire, in which he was a late substitute, and it swelled up while he was en route to a game with the Whitecaps reserves squad in Salt Lake City. The club decided that surgery was the best option, and he underwent the procedure less than a week later. Now, the knee is feeling "pretty good." "Im at a really good level since coming back (to full training) a couple days," said Mattocks. "So thats really good. I feel even sharper than before (the injury.) So thats really good. But I think Ive got a lot of work to do on getting back to match fitness." Mattocks, a 22-year-old Jamaican international who starred at the University of Akron, led the Whitecaps with seven goals as a rookie in 2012. But the proverbial sophomore jinx that often occurs in hockey has also struck him in his second Major League Soccer season. Due to his injury, inconsistent play and international duty, and the strong partnership of Camilo and Kenny Miller, he has started just six of the 13 games in which he has appeared. But crediting the team with providing world-class care and happy to be toiling in North Americas top league, Mattocks said he has not been frustrated by his ordeal. He took the same approach prior to the start of last season when arm burns, suffered in a cooking accident, delayed his pro debut. "I grew up back in Jamaica, and Ive been dealing with adversity for much of my life, growing up back then in my personal life," said Mattocks. The Portmore native declined to discuss his struggles, and he is also not looking back on his ill-fated quest for 20 goals. He set the target in his sights at the outset of the season, without guaranteeing it would happen.dddddddddddd He just wants to work his way back into the starting 11, contribute some goals and help the Whitecaps (10-7-6) secure a playoff berth in the ultra-tight Western Conference. Coming off an impressive win over the San Jose Earthquakes last weekend, the Caps aim to continue on a strong run that has helped them leap over the playoff bar into a tie for second place with Colorado. Caps coach Martin Rennie is looking forward to seeing Mattocks back in game action after he impressed in the weekss first two workouts. "He looked fantastic today," said Rennie. "Thats probably the best training session hes ever had." Meanwhile, captain Jay DeMerit continued to make progress from a torn Achilles tendon that has kept him out since early in the first game of the season. DeMerit is well ahead of schedule on his return from an injury that requires six to eight months of recovery. He is close to returning after about three months off, but still a ways away from being game-ready.. "Ive had another good week of training," said DeMerit. "The sharpness is coming on slowly but surely. Its actually been kind of funny, and kind of frustrating in my own eyes. You kind of get there pretty quick, but now the last fiver per cent of it takes the longest." The 33-year-old Green Bay, Wis., native still hopes to return to the pitch before he weds retired Canadian Olympic ski cross gold medallist Ashleigh McIvor in her hometown of Whistler, B.C., later this month. "Were monitoring (the recovery) very closely every day, and every day Im getting stronger," he said. "But I can definitely say that I have some sharpness to work on." Notes: DeMerit, central defender Andy OBrien, Rennie and other Whitecaps left after practice to take part in the second annual Hope and Health soccer clinics for youngsters from Vancouver Island Coastal Salish First Nations in Ladysmith, B.C. McIvor also went on the trip to take part in opening ceremonies. a Whitecaps striker Kenny Miller will suit up for Scotland in a highly-anticipated friendly against England at Wembley Stadium in London on Wednesday. The two United Kingdom rivals have gone 14 years without facing each other. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz