Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

26.09.2018 08:00
The bigger thing was I kept this thing rolling Antworten

ST. Mike Napoli Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. - The Tampa Bay Rays arent wary of Kevin Cashs age and inexperience.The team tabbed the former Cleveland Indians bullpen coach as Joe Maddons replacement on Friday, selecting him over ex-Seattle Mariners manager and current Kansas City Royals bench coach Don Wakamatsu.The Tampa native who turns 37 on Saturday has no previous managerial experience, yet the Rays are confident he has what it takes to be successful.It came down to the energy, the poise that he has, the confidence, but the open-mindedness that goes along with it. Thats a rare combination to have in an individual, president of baseball operations Matt Silverman said.Cash wowed the team during a final interview that lasted half-a-day. He becomes the youngest active manager in the majors, taking over a team that made the playoffs four of the past seven seasons under Maddon.After 12 hours we were pretty drained and it felt like Kevin was just getting started, Silverman said.A former catcher who played with five major league teams, including 13 games for Tampa Bay in 2005, Cash served as Terry Franconas bullpen coach in Cleveland the past two seasons.He also interviewed recently for the vacant managerial position with the Texas Rangers. He thought that experience helped when the Rays included him on an initial list of 10 candidates.It wasnt something I was anticipating at this stage. But as I started preparing for the Texas opportunity, I almost kind of gained momentum, gained some confidence, Cash said. I was able to really process some thoughts.Tampa Bay went 754-705 in nine seasons under Maddon, making the playoffs four times, winning two AL East championships and the 2008 AL pennant — all while operating under the constraints of one of baseballs lowest payrolls.The Rays finished 77-85 this year, ending a stretch of six consecutive winning seasons. Maddon was under contract through 2015, but exercised an option to leave when talks on a new deal broke down and joined the Chicago Cubs.The voice is obviously probably going to change a little bit, but the players and the personnel, and the culture, what they created, that is something that Im extremely fortunate to be a part of and join in on, Cash said.The new manager inherits a roster driven by one of the best pitching staffs in the American League. Most of his coaching staff will be comprised of holdovers from Maddons reign.When it got down to it, the security of our situation with our staff in place, and the clubhouse culture that we have, gave us more comfort, Silverman said.But, you look at Kevin, his baseball age is much older than his 37 years on this planet, Silverman added. Hes been a student of the game, and that transition to manager is one we think will be a relatively (smooth) one, one made easier by the environment that we already have here.Maddon opted out of his contract on Oct. 24 and was hired to manage the Cubs.Rays principal owner Stuart Sternberg said Cashs energy and dynamic personality will fit seamlessly with our clubhouse.Wakamatsu was the only candidate among the finalists with prior managerial experience at any level, having gone 127-147 in one-plus season as the Mariners skipper in 2009 and 2010.Veteran outfielder Raul Ibanez, still an active player after spending his 19th big league season with Kansas City and the Los Angeles Angels, was the third finalist. He withdrew his name from consideration this week.A Tampa native, Cash is not a stranger to the AL East after playing all but 20 games of an eight-year big league career with the Toronto Blue Jays, Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, Houston Astros and Rays.Before joining the Indians in 2013, Cash spent one season as a major league advance scout for the Blue Jays.Silverman said it was a tough decision between Cash and Wakamatsu, who has spent 10 seasons as a bench coach with the Royals, Blue Jays, Oakland Athletics and Texas Rangers.Wakamatsu took over a team that lost 101 games and led Seattle to an 85-77 record in 2009. He fired in August of the following season, when the Mariners stumbled to a 42-70 start.Former Rays bench coach Dave Martinez, one-time Indians manager Manny Acta, Hall of Famer Barry Larkin, San Francisco Giants bench coach Ron Wotus, Rays minor league manager Charlie Montoyo and ex-major league players Craig Counsell and Doug Glanville rounded out a list 10 initial candidates. Yan Gomes Jersey . The stakes were higher, the competition more fierce and the atmosphere was that of a playoff game - something the young, upstart Raptors have five weeks to better prepare themselves for or the result will be eerily similar. Michael Brantley Jersey . But qualifying for her first Scotties Tournament of Hearts after years of falling short in tough Manitoba provincial championships is as good as consolation prizes get for the 29-year-old from Winnipegs Fort Rouge Curling Club. http://www.indiansteamproshop.com/Indians-Bradley-Zimmer-Kids-Jersey/ .Brooks, a three-year veteran, was slow to get up after suffering the injury during a 5-yard run by Arian Foster.Brooks limped off the field midway through the quarter and then slowly walked to the locker room a few minutes later.MILWAUKEE -- Matt Garza was fuming after his previous start, the shortest of his career when he recorded just one out and allowed five runs. What a difference five days make. Garza allowed two hits in eight innings, and Ryan Braun hit one of three homers for the Milwaukee Brewers in a 9-1 victory over the New York Mets on Thursday night. "His last start probably upset him enough that he had a lot to prove tonight, and he threw the ball well," Mets manager Terry Collins said. Jonathan Lucroy and Khris Davis also connected for the Brewers, who took a 6-0 lead after three innings against Dillon Gee (4-3) to win their fourth consecutive game. Garza (7-7) gave up five runs in one-third of an inning Saturday at Washington. It was a different story against the Mets. The right-hander yielded a third-inning single to Wilmer Flores, recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas earlier Thursday, and a seventh-inning homer to Lucas Duda. Garza struck out four and walked one. Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said Garza had been throwing the ball well before the game against the Nationals. "I dont know how many outings, five, six in a row until that last one," Roenicke said. "And I didnt think he threw the ball that bad the last one. "I think he still had a lot of confidence. He was attacking the zone with the fastball. When hes good thats what he does so well. He looked very confident coming into it." Garza downplayed the comeback this time, instead focusing on keeping the Brewers winning streak going. "The bigger thing was I kept this thing rolling," he said. "Our guys are swinging the bats well. I got an early cushion so it was easier to keep attacking. It was one of those nights where everything clicked on offence and it made my job a lot easier on the mound." The Mets sent 31 batters to the pplate, four over the minimum. Bob Feller Jersey. . Milwaukee limped into the All-Star break, losing 11 of 13 games. They have won five of seven since then to open a three-game lead over the St. Louis Cardinals and Pittsburgh Pirates in the NL Central. During their slump, the Brewers had a power outage, hitting only seven homers in 13 games. Since the break, they have 12 in seven games. Lucroy hit his 12th and Davis added his 17th homer, both solo shots. Braun had a two-run shot, deep to left field. It was his 14th long ball and extended his hitting streak to 12 games. "Hitting is contagious," Davis said. "Once we start popping them out of the yard it feels like everybody is going to start." Dudas homer was his career-high 16th. Gee lasted only five innings for the second consecutive start and allowed six runs, the most he has given up all season. The right-hander allowed six hits and two walks and struck out six. It was the most runs given up by Gee since he was allowed seven in an 8-3 loss at Philadelphia on April 9, 2013, a span of 40 starts. "It seemed like everything they swung at, they hit hard," Gee said. "I am confident I can get it turned around." He was replaced to open the sixth by Daisuke Matsuzaka, whose first pitch was hit by Davis over the fence. NOTES: The Mets optioned OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis to Las Vegas. ... Mets SS Ruben Tejada was given the day off as a precaution after he was hit in the helmet by a pitch from Seattles Taijuan Walker. RF Curtis Granderson returned to the New York lineup after missing two games with a stomach virus. He went 0 for 4. ... The Brewers are playing Michael Jackson songs when Carlos Gomez strides to the plate, and the quirky outfielder is raising his right leg and imitating a leg kick done by the King of Pop before entering the batters box. Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Bruins Jerseys Cheap Sabres Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz