Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 Südhessen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

26.09.2018 08:00
Following her first round defeat at Roland Garros Antworten

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban apologized Thursday to Trayvon Martins family over his choice of words in a videotaped interview in which he addressed bigotry and prejudice. Nick Markakis Jersey . Cuban even revealed some of his own prejudices in the interview with Inc. magazine, and said he believes everyone has "prejudices and bigotries" on some level. But after his words — which came with the NBA still dealing with the fallout over racist remarks made by now-banned Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling — created a stir in social media and other circles, Cuban took to Twitter to offer his apology. "In hindsight I should have used different examples," Cuban wrote. "I didnt consider the Trayvon Martin family, and I apologize to them for that." Cuban also said he stands by the substance of the interview. Martin was the black Florida teen who was shot and killed by neighbourhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in February 2012. Martin was wearing a hooded sweatshirt — commonly called a "hoodie" — that night, and that particular piece of clothing became a rallying cry for those who demanded justice. Zimmerman was eventually acquitted. "Were all prejudiced in one way or the other," Cuban said in the Inc. interview. "If I see a black kid in a hoodie and its late at night, Im walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, theres a guy that has tattoos all over his face — white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere — Im walking back to the other side of the street. And the list goes on of stereotypes that we all live up to and are fearful of." When shown that excerpt of the interview Thursday, Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat cringed. "Its just a sensitive time," Bosh said. Cuban has not revealed how he will vote on June 3, when NBA owners are scheduled to cast ballots on a motion to oust Sterling and force him to sell the Clippers. Cuban has called the comments made by Sterling "abhorrent," adding that there is "no place for racism in the NBA, any business Im associated with." Cuban has, however, cautioned that the Sterling matter is a "very slippery slope." "While we all have our prejudices and bigotries, we have to learn that its an issue that we have to control," Cuban told Inc. "Its part of my responsibility as an entrepreneur to try to solve it, not just to kick the problem down the road because it does my company no good, does my customers no good, does society no good if my response to somebody and their racism or bigotry is to say Its not right for you to be here, go take your attitude somewhere else." Cuban also told Inc. that he knows he is not perfect, and that "its not appropriate for me to throw stones." The magazine has a 2 1/2-minute clip of Cuban speaking about the topics on its website, along with about an hourlong appearance — with the Mavs owner discussing many matters — at its Growco Conference in Nashville on Wednesday. "Were a lot less tolerant of different views and its not necessarily easy for everybody to adopt or adapt or evolve," Cuban said. Tom Glavine Jersey . New York City FC introduced Frank Lampard in Brooklyn on Thursday after signing the 36-year-old former Chelsea midfielder to a two-year contract. Phil Niekro Jersey . He also had some help Monday night.Hibbert scored a season-high 29 points to help Indiana beat the Utah Jazz 97-86 Monday night, ending the Pacers six-game losing streak. http://www.thebravesteamshop.com/Braves-Tyler-Flowers-Kids-Jersey/ . The Cubs made the moves before Thursdays game against Arizona. They promoted left-hander Zac Rosscup and right-hander Neil Ramirez from Triple-A Iowa and optioned righty Blake Parker to their top minor league team.EASTBOURNE, England -- Top-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland failed to reach the second round of the Aegon International when she was beaten 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (4) by Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia on Monday. But defending champion Elena Vesnina of Russia held off a strong challenge to beat Shuai Peng of China 6-3, 6-4, and there was another hard-fought victory for 2012 runner-up Angelique Kerber of Germany, who defeated Alison Riske of the United States 7-6 (6), 6-4. Former champion Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark also won, beating Australian Samantha Stosur 7-5, 6-4. Radwanska won the grass-court tournament in 2008, but she has since fallen in the first round four times and not won a match at Eastbourne since she reached the quarterfinals in 2011. Despite her early exit, Radwanska was not too concerned about her lack of match preparation for Wimbledon. In 2012 after a first-round defeat she went on to reach the Wimbledon final, and last year after an opening-round loss she reached the semifinals there. "The first match (on grass) is always tricky," she said. "Well, it was a great match before Wimbledon to get used to it ... I just hope I can do the same good results (at Wimbledon) this year." Wozniacki had to recover a break of serve at the beginning of each set to defeat Stosur but felt comfortable to be back on a surface which netted her the 2009 title at Eastbourne as well as the junior trophy at Wimbledon. Following her first round defeat at Roland Garros, Wozniacki enjoyyed a break in Miami with family and friends, including Serena Williams. Deion Sanders Jersey. "That was a lot of fun," Wozniacki said. "Serena and I had a good time with some of our other friends ... I came back home and I worked hard every day four, five hours a day. My game is in good shape." Eastbourne also features No. 8 Victoria Azarenka of Belarus. A former No. 1, a left foot injury restricted her to just one match since she surrendered her Australian Open title in the quarterfinals in January. Drawn to face Italian Camila Giorgi in her opening match on Tuesday, Azarenka said, "Its not important for me whos going to be on the other side. I just want to see what I can do, and just see how to raise my level from there." Everyones mind inevitably is on Wimbledon, which begins next week, but second-seeded Petra Kvitova, who reached the Eastbourne final in 2011 before going on to claim the Wimbledon title, is determined to keep her focus on this week. "Of course, I want to play the best that I can to get used to the grass and everything before Wimbledon, but Im taking this tournament as a very big one," Kvitova said. "Its a very tough draw. Everybody wants to be successful here." In the mens event, Frenchman Jeremy Chardy beat former two-time champion Ivo Karlovic of Croatia 6-4, 6-4, sixth-seeded Gilles Simon of France defeated Australian qualifier Chris Guccione 7-6 (2), 6-4 and American Sam Querrey beat Britains Kyle Edmund 7-6 (5), 6-3. Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Bruins Jerseys Cheap Sabres Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz